THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DSC was great! Two suggestions to help it be greater...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC was great! Two suggestions to help it be greater...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Great show, outstanding volunteers, very friendly. Will go every year!!!

Two suggestions to help it be greater -

1. Turn DOWN the volume of the public address announcements. They are much too loud, disrupt conversations and are annoying.

1a. Less announcements are better. Their are too many.....

2. Widen the aisles a bit. I noticed that there is plenty of room to spread out, so use it!!! Saturday was crowded (go thing!) and it made navigating difficult.

Keep it up, great show!!!

Posts: 10262 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are not the only person that thought the loudspeaker was too loud and messages were too long - several outfitters said it interrupted their discussions with clients.

Thanks for the input and I would love to hear more suggestions from anyone who attended. No matter how good the convention is we can always improve. As convention chair next year I can't promise you that I will fix everything but I will give it my best effort.

Scott Tobermann, DVM
DSC 2018 Convention Chair

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two suggestions:

1- I became fearful to eat the food after the first day. We ordered lunch at the main food court. The meat was room temperature. Given that it was turkey, we had concerns. That should be corrected as it is a health risk. We ate elsewhere after that.

2- A few more chairs and benches where one could sit for a few minutes would be great.

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agree with the poor food selection/quality in the convention center itself

Posts: 214 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Move the AR room back to the main floor...

Make an app that has all the speeches/seminars and raffle/auction info on it...just about everyone has a smart phone these days and can figure out an app. This will also eliminate the need for so many announcements. Also..being able to bid on items from the app would be nice

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrScott:
You are not the only person that thought the loudspeaker was too loud and messages were too long - several outfitters said it interrupted their discussions with clients.

Thanks for the input and I would love to hear more suggestions from anyone who attended. No matter how good the convention is we can always improve. As convention chair next year I can't promise you that I will fix everything but I will give it my best effort.

Scott Tobermann, DVM

1) Add me to the list who think the announcements are too loud, too long and too many.

2) I expect the food to be expensive. I paid $13 for a small portion of Chinese beef and fried rice. It was awful and it was almost as cold as the weather. We made a point to leave the convention hall and go down to the Owner's Box in the Omni after that.

3) I heard one outfitter say, and I'm inclined to agree with them, that Sunday is a waste of a day. Your competing with NFL playoffs and/or people needing to travel that day to be home for work on Monday. They suggested to open the show on Wednesday and have Saturday as the last day. And have the show open on Wednesday and Thursday from maybe noon until 9pm so that locals can come after work.

That said, it's still a great show and I enjoyed it as always.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Complaints about the food . . . who has time to eat!? Wink

Great to meet you and your wife Scott. A wonderful show as always. I am sure most of us cannot even fathom all the planning and effort that goes into pulling it off. My only complaint, the show is getting so darn big it is tough to see it all and take it all in. Well done!

Mike

Posts: 21364 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kambaku
posted Hide Post
Convention food was awful like always. Don't think it will ever improve, but what gets my goat even more was the Magnolia Hotel dropping the complementary buffet breakfast. Suffice it to say that that point and there's more about that hotel that it will be my last time staying there. Overall, the convention was great. I too agree with the loud speaker comments, but will be back again next year trying to win one of those raffles.

Posts: 60 | Location: Indianapolis, only because that's where the check came from! | Registered: 21 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I agree with the comment above the show dates. I realize the time slot is booked years in advance but sometime in the future, the show would be improved running from Wed to Sat instead of Thurs to Sunday. People need to travel Sunday to get home for work on Monday. As always, the food is overpriced and poor quality but I doubt much can be done about that. At least now you can buy. A drink and wander the show floor....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13220 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wednesday to Saturday makes a lot of sense...and staying open late at least one of the nights would be nice as well.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there Thursday and Friday, this was my first time there. Found the show to be less crowded and less non hunting/firearms stuff then SCI. Food was not good but it's a convention. I enjoyed it overall.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Overall, the show was great like always.

Ditto regarding the PA system. It interrupted conversations. You had to stop talking until the announcement was over. This seems to be an ongoing occurrence every year.

Ditto on isle width. There were times I was with one or two friends. We would run into two or three old friends and completely block the isle. Especially in front of a couple of outfitters booths that were friends as well. I know my fat butt made it difficult for people to get around. If you remove one isle from each of the three sections that might add another foot of space to each isle. There is plenty of room to extend the isles in front of the food courts. (This may not work if electrical floor outlets are set at standard distances.)

Having all of the firearms together in one section is great. Not sure if this was the first year for that or not. It is certainly handy for those shopping for firearms and it is also handy for those of us no longer in the market.

My hat is off to DSC and all of the volunteers that make it happen. A big shout out to all of you. tu2

Posts: 802 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I was there for Thus only. I only heard a few announcements, so I did not think it was bad. I like going on Thursdays as only a few folks are there. I do wish it stayed open later, but I understand you have your dinners and don't want to compete with those.

The food, I had the "Chinese" I did not expect much and I got what I expected. I would like to see more booths if that can be worked with the space provided, maybe only one area to eat perhaps in a room outside of the exhibit halls.

Posts: 756 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The constant stream of announcements was incredibly annoying. At one point we were trying to have a conversation with a Spanish outfitter about an ibex hunt. Then comes announcements on 3 new Life Time Members and a run down on the seminars. The Spanish outfitter had a thick accent, and my Louisiana accent was probably even worse for him. The last we needed was a series of loud PA announcements.

Most people go to the convention to talk to outfitters and other hunters,..to get and receive information. In the middle of a conversation with an outfitter from another continent , the last thing we need is a blaring PA telling us that Mr & Mrs Whoever are new lifetime members. And I'm sure that Mr & Mrs Whoever don't really care about their names being announced over the PA.

If you want to get the news out of new members, send an email at the end of the day. Or better yet, build a smart phone app. You could stream the announcements over the App. Everyone I chatted with had smart phones.

Everything else about the show was awesome!!!! We arrived Friday night, as I had to wait for son to get out of school. We had a blast. The show seemed a bigger....rows 100 to 1200 seemed deeper than last year. We booked a couple fishing trips, and are close on booking a two hunting trips.

P.S. We don't give a hoot about the food. We ate big breakfast each morning and were fine until dinner.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 14 items on my list so far which includes the items listed above and what I had outfitters tell me in the hall. Please keep them coming.

Moving the days to Wednesday though Saturday puts us in to New Years day for set up which the outfitters really hate and the volunteers aren't wild about it either. If we move to dates later in January we start to conflict with the other shows.

I agree on the convention hall food. When you deal with a city owned facility you are pretty well locked in to their food vendor. But the Owners Box and Texas Spice in the Omni are good and there are 4 restaurants right next to the Omni that are good (sushi, pizza, Mexican and Beergarten).

Scott Tobermann, DVM
Past President, Dallas Safari Club

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 14 items on my list so far which includes the items listed above and what I had outfitters tell me in the hall. Please keep them coming.

Moving the days to Wednesday though Saturday puts us in to New Years day for set up which the outfitters really hate and the volunteers aren't wild about it either. If we move to dates later in January we start to conflict with the other shows.

I agree on the convention hall food. When you deal with a city owned facility you are pretty well locked in to their food vendor. But the Owners Box and Texas Spice in the Omni are good and there are 4 restaurants right next to the Omni that are good (sushi, pizza, Mexican and Beergarten).

Another great thing is the large seating areas near the food courts. Apart from a couple drinks, we didn't bother with food, but it was really nice having somewhere to sit for a few minutes and give off your feet.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your asking for input and explaining why suggestions may not work means a lot.

It shows professionalism, and the reason you are the convention chair. Thank you for taking on this responsibility. It is appreciated.

Posts: 802 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
quote:

Your asking for input and explaining why suggestions may not work means a lot.

It shows professionalism, and the reason you are the convention chair. Thank you for taking on this responsibility. It is appreciated.

+1...a quality organization looking to improve it's product. Surprisingly rare these days...

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We had a great time at the show as always. I agree with the space comment. We really need more room to visit and talk to exhibitors without blocking aisles and other exhibitors booths.

What are the 2018 show dates?

Many thanks to the many volunteers that made all of this happen.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Great show.

The seminars need to be promoted in print better, both what's available and better signage, in larger print, directing folks to where they are. Of course, people find the big name presenters, but the attendance is still pitiful at the lesser known ones.

I know working folks expect the show to be open a little later in the day, but I sure appreciate being able to go in the morning, during the week. I would suspect that the majority of bookings and other real business is conducted before the masses descend upon the show Saturday.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It was a splendid show. I was so busy...it was over before I knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36815 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need more than the 2 days I was there - even with 4 days I dont think one can do justice if one really wants to see everything.

Plus I had work meeting so I had to leave the show.

I am thinking next year of spending all 4 days and then doing houston for 3 days.

There is really a lot of stuff at the shows.

I was focused on fishing and buying some guns. I spent time with blaser and barely spoke to anyone fishing.

The problem is I sit down and drink with arpf deplorables, then I go sit down and drink with the admiral, then I go talk to people and spend very little time really looking at stuff to buy. Then a great dinner with larry shores and group (some phs and us hunters). DSC for me is a social event instead of a shopping event - I need extra days to move beyond just socializing.

I did not look at a single scope or optics booth - one of the main reasons to go to dsc.

I spent most of my time looking at blasers and only a few minutes with VC or Hyem. Ralf Martini has a great left handed 375H&H - glad it was sold. I left a hand print with him.

I meet some AR people - dogcat with his killer engineering layout of dsc show, butch/bengo with some eternal wisdom on dealing with people (i want to write a book on one liners by butch), acute angling told me mike jines was there 2 minutes before I got there.

Aloft was awesome - well worth the $200 a night to stay there. Easy parking and walking distance to dsc.

Karl thanks for the passes.

I really did not have enough time to eat anything at the show. The announcements did not bother me.

I met Debbi Peake - the dip and pack and shipping agent in Botswana. Had to apologize to her as I have left my trophies there for last 3 years.

There is a ton of guns and gear than I would really like to see, different booths selling stuff not directly hunting related I would like to talk to - tx real estate ect. North American hunting outfitters i want to talk to.

I am looking forward to next years DSC shows and spending 4 days there more than hunting Africa.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first time at the show, have done SCI every year for past 5-6.

Observations:

- You guys are very reasonable on price - SCI you have to be a member and then its not cheap on top of that. I paid $20 a day, very reasonable. You might want to highlight that difference when marketing the show - it is a deal to get that kind of quality of booths for that price.

- Your auction app needs work - max bid functionality did not work and I ended up bidding against myself. However, your team was very responsive on text, looked into the issue, and fixed it. I was very impressed with your team - not sure if paid or volunteers but a very positive, very helpful group.

- I liked seeing some booths and people that are not at SCI - if you can develop a group of outfitters that don't do SCI you increase motivation for people like me to do DSC in addition to SCI. Good example is Hill Country Rifles - texas company, build great rifles, and local for them. More of those will make it more valuable for the SCI crew to come your way.

- Aisles - too crowded.

- Have heard good feedback from the outfitters I know, they like your show.

- Highly recommend you have one app for the show - has calendar on it, live auction schedule, etc. In my business, we have events for a couple of hundred people and have an app - not hard at all and a great way to communicate with your attendees in real time. Would also help you build an email list - don't think I was asked for my email from DSC, you should build that database and, at a minimum, promote the show, auctions, etc to prior attendees who might not be members of DSC. A couple of reminders and highlights of exhibitors and interesting auctions in early Dec would increase my likelihood of booking a flight to the show.

- Overall, really enjoyed it and will return. Well done.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Scott Tobermann, DVM

Thank you Dr. Scott!

How wonderful it is to see the people who are in charge, and can make a difference answer their members questions.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67318 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
I need more than the 2 days I was there - even with 4 days I dont think one can do justice if one really wants to see everything.

I am thinking next year of spending all 4 days and then doing houston for 3 days.

I was focused on fishing and buying some guns. I spent time with blaser and barely spoke to anyone fishing.

The problem is I sit down and drink with arpf deplorables, then I go sit down and drink with the admiral, then I go talk to people and spend very little time really looking at stuff to buy. Then a great dinner with larry shores and group (some phs and us hunters). DSC for me is a social event instead of a shopping event - I need extra days to move beyond just socializing.

I did not look at a single scope or optics booth - one of the main reasons to go to dsc.

I spent most of my time looking at blasers and only a few minutes with VC or Hyem. Ralf Martini has a great left handed 375H&H - glad it was sold. I left a hand print with him.

I meet some AR people - dogcat with his killer engineering layout of dsc show, butch/bengo with some eternal wisdom on dealing with people (i want to write a book on one liners by butch), acute angling told me mike jines was there 2 minutes before I got there.

Aloft was awesome - well worth the $200 a night to stay there. Easy parking and walking distance to dsc.

I really did not have enough time to eat anything at the show. The announcements did not bother me.

I met Debbi Peake - the dip and pack and shipping agent in Botswana. Had to apologize to her as I have left my trophies there for last 3 years.

There is a ton of guns and gear than I would really like to see, different booths selling stuff not directly hunting related I would like to talk to - tx real estate ect. North American hunting outfitters i want to talk to.

I am looking forward to next years DSC shows and spending 4 days there more than hunting Africa.

Mike

We know you are a closet deplorable Mike. Wink

Sorry I missed saying goodbye my friend. Very much enjoyed our visit and the Makers Mark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36815 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was our second year and to be honest the show was twice as good for us this year. We are REALLY looking forward to next year. Smiler We were so busy we could not get down to the AR room but we got to meet quite a few of you. Thank you for coming by.
I got to quite a few kids who were interested in making knives as well and asked each of them to bring one to me so I could see it next year.

Being hard of hearing I just know the speaker was loud, I never understood anything but my wife would have punched me if I needed to know what it said.

Back over in the hinter lands were we were at 1112 the aisle space was wide enough, yes it was crowded but I would much rather have it that way. All vendor food sucks, that's just life in a trade show.

Promotion of show was good, volunteers were good to come by and talk and ask questions. Thank you

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On food, I suspect the convention center has contracts with the various sellers. However, I have been the organizer of the NatureWorks Art show in Tulsa in the past - we contracted a few extra "food trucks" - the guys that make the food in the truck and sell it there. This may be an option for the DSC to do in addition to the food vendors there.

Posts: 10262 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

There most certainly is a lot of socializing. We very much enjoy that aspect of the show. Mike lives across town and I have to fly to Dallas to see him.

I look at/purchase gear that I cannot purchase in Orlando. For example, gear for our upcoming trip to Tajikistan next year. It beats the hell out of purchasing something on line that ends up not being remotely close to what I wanted.

As far as hunts go, generally I get ideas and let the booking agents sort them out later. There were a few Stone sheep outfitters that I did get to talk to this year. I see one of those hunts in the near future.

We went to our first banquet with Karl & his wife. We met a hell of a lot of people there. It was a lot of fun.

It is a great time. I wish it was not so close to 1/1. I am sure we will be back next year.

Posts: 12017 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:

2018 dates are January 4-7

Scott Tobermann, DVM
Past President, Dallas Safari Club

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Which brings up another suggestion (no offense intended, and I realize dates are booked far in advance), BUT why in the world would anyone book this show for the last weekend of Texas' whitetail deer season? It's not the first time.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you who attended, and thanks for the suggestions...the loudspeaker/announcement issue really bothers me, too, some folks really like to hear themselves speak. As Scott mentioned, he and his wife are convention chairs next year and I promise you they will do an outstanding job and he will work to implement any reasonable changes. I'll help him in any way I can to get it done.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2811 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Show was great but was HOT!!!! I spoke to several attendees and vendors who complained about the temp. I realize it was bitter cold outside causing patrons to be bundled up to arrive, but keeping the area warm enough for most women in the booths to wear little or no coat/vest makes the men who walk the 4 + miles of the show in the coat they arrived in miserable. Even my wife got hot after the exhibit areas with tight isles got full. Also agree the show hours should be extended to at least 7pm. Closing the exhibits at 5:30 only dumps your patrons into rush hour traffic. Like the idea of Wed.- Sat. dates and staying open a little later and not competing on a short hour Sunday with the NFL.

Posts: 5 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 11 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
I've always been a big fan of the DSC convention, and I do agree about the very loud announcements; poor food and closing too early. Otherwise, it was my best show ever. I think we American's feel confident now that we have an American coming into the White House. Smiler

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
quote:
quote:

Which brings up another suggestion (no offense intended, and I realize dates are booked far in advance), BUT why in the world would anyone book this show for the last weekend of Texas' whitetail deer season? It's not the first time.

We always travel for the holidays, so the last thing I want to do after Jan 1 is hop on another plane.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suggest you find a way to display items to be sold in the live/online auctions. Items like custom guns, knives, art, jewelry, etc. are not easily done justice by the catalog or on line descriptions. I went to considerable effort trying to see an item on an auction taking place after we left - ultimately was told the items were all in a secure room and not viewable.

When we got back home I made what proved to be an unsuccessful online bid, but would have increased my bid amount significantly (a few thousand) had I been able to see the item and confirm it met expectations.

All in all, a great show, and contributions from the volunteer crew were most impressive..!

Good hunting,

Posts: 402 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Emory:
Suggest you find a way to display items to be sold in the live/online auctions. Items like custom guns, knives, art, jewelry, etc. are not easily done justice by the catalog or on line descriptions. I went to considerable effort trying to see an item on an auction taking place after we left - ultimately was told the items were all in a secure room and not viewable.

When we got back home I made what proved to be an unsuccessful online bid, but would have increased my bid amount significantly (a few thousand) had I been able to see the item and confirm it met expectations.

All in all, a great show, and contributions from the volunteer crew were most impressive..!

Good hunting,

Thanks, Emory, the volunteers are our lifeblood. You bring up good points and I bet there is a way to correct this. Wrap up meetings are in a couple of weeks and we appreciate everyone's input, believe it or not, changes have been made due to input from AR members.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2811 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After missing only one convention in 32 or 33 years, my only complaint is time of the year. It would be great in late January. I know that falls on deaf ears but I had to say it.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there any way that DSC could more rooms at the Omni? Unless you are on AR 24/7 prior to the rooms being released you end up having to chose from the others.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 483 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drj:
Is there any way that DSC could more rooms at the Omni? Unless you are on AR 24/7 prior to the rooms being released you end up having to chose from the others.

drj: We already have every room at the OMNI, our room block is the entire hotel. This has been a topic of much discussion and no doubt will be once again.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yet another excellent show. Everyone involved from Volunteers to The Presidents ,Past, Present and to be where outstanding. Such a pleasant difference to the up and coming show!

Karl and Rebecca a HUGE thanks for your continued help and friendship and a such pleasure meeting you and your wife Scott.

My only complaint would be as many mentioned the loud speaker and number of announcements. As to food- the show was so busy that neither myself Myles or Len had a chance to eat any lunch at all!

To sum it up- where in the world would you find a Past President, and president elect, of a huge show like Dallas helping you pack down your booth! Thanks so much guys and really look forward to next year. I have no doubt that under your guidance Scott it will be another outstanding show!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote