Find
Notify
Tools

I need $10,000 quite urgently.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Some of you will have read that I have been busy resuscitating a dormant piece of Africa that only two years ago was totally barren of game. The attached and under nourished community had effectively wiped out every living thing. They had started with the big animals first at night with guns. Then dogs and snares. When I arrived they had been reduced to setting little string traps around little holes for little things. Effectively they had destroyed an ecosystem and indigenous species were extinct.

As an agrarian tribe they derive most of their incomes from rain fed crops and some livestock. The rains is a bountiful time for these people as the game scatters out of the protected areas into the long grass of Kaindu. Spears are honed and snares are set for this annual migration. But with it come the crop raiding Elephants and the cattle killing Lions. The elephant seem to absorb the home made ammunition with impunity but the Lion suffer the onslaught.

One common method is to poison the 'kill' if they can afford pesticides and other agricultural remedies. Another is to set heavy cable snares in and around the carcass. Another is simply to call in the Wildlife department to shoot them. Either way it is a catastrophic waste of a natural resource.

Last year I intervened which did little for my popularity and I nearly got a spear of my own. Still I kept a record of the livestock killed and the owners and I agreed to compensate. I find the African an astute negotiator when you owe them something, and for example a Lion kills a $300 cow but I have to pay $600 for it? Reason being that that cow would have bred. Sort of two for the price of one arrangement. The Chief also snuck in an invoice for two cattle and when questioning his Highness he politely informed me that this is how many cattle he would have lost if he had owned any? And he informed me that I was lucky he did not charge me for the whole herd! I felt I got off lucky and vacated his Palace.

Anyway all this was to work to my advantage and the wildlife department reluctantly gave me one Lion on quota. The profits of the sale would be used as compensation.

The troublesome cats were chased off by poorly aimed gun fire and I moved my scouts into the communal lands. However my records show the community lost 12 more cattle that year and this was due to the increase in game and my efforts in wildlife protection, conservation. Anyway it was turning out to be a good business for the community considering the 2 for 1 financial arrangement. So much so that they no longer poisoned or intentionally snared the Lion.

The wildlife department were very supportive, conducted a survey and gave me a realistic quota to match. Hence a new area and a new safari operation on the map.

So with pencil and paper and some simple multiple division I was shocked to calculate that this bloody Lion will cost me ten grand this year? And to make things worse my scouts today reported sightings of a trio of cats making there annual shopping trip to the local beef market.

Having juggled the numbers a bit my calculator figures that if I packed up camp, sold my stuff, fired my staff and forgot about this place I would still be in the black.

Calculator reckons I could sit at home with the telly on and save the Lion from the comfort of my arm chair and make a profit. Brilliant. I would seek funding and charity, buy myself a fancy Land cruiser and call myself a consultant, an activist. Obviously have to denounce myself as a hunter, as a conservationist, and could spend my daylight hours on the sofa having fun on the internet persecuting all those who carry a gun. I would form a site 'Dirty, dirty Lion hunting bastards'. I could weep in front of the cameras and profess my innocence for I did not know what I was doing, what I have done. The man that did once slaughter Lions is their saviour. I would be revered at cocktail parties and pursued by the likes of National Geographic. I would have to grow my hair long.

Indeed I am packing up my shit and I have thrown in the towel...

...and a bar of soap, a packet biscuits and some rounds of .404J, borrowed 500 bucks from the wife for fuel and a bit for the Chief.

All of you kind folk who are now reaching deep into your pockets do not worry. I have a plan - some nutcase wants to buy the rover and I have been offered a few of grand for the Charles Osborne. I sold the calculator to my gardener.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Don't forget you could probably get a few bob for the Verney-Carron.
Might help pay compensation for part of the season?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
we are waiting for your comment Jolouburn

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
I would have to grow my hair long.

animal

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
should have just shot the god damn villagers would have been better all round for the country and the wild life! thank god you didn't have to pay for them they breed like rats!

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Andrew, I wish you God Speed in your mision!

Please ignore any unseemly comments from people from my neighbouring island. The reality on the ground does not permit shooting people. Enough of that in the political forum.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11243 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Well done.
If only the ARMCHAIR Crusaders did a little more or understood a little somthing.
I wish you good luck

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shocking pics but it's great that you don't stop believing in your project!
My hats off to you andrew!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2093 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Andrew,
You need to get with Zig Mackintosh and document this struggle! I sent you a PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fairgame:

You should be addressing your dilemma to the attention of the Bleeding Hearts Club (Packers, Jouberts and Jolouburns)for financial recourse in order to save the lions in this area from extinction Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me wiring instructions. I will help.

jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Start up a wildlife conservation charity and advertise for donations.

Include sad animal and wildlife cruelty pics on your charity website.

Suck or soak up some of the greenie donation funds that keep the antis fed and drinking in cafes and use it for real conservation.

It isn't dishonest in the slightest. Even if you are a hunter and selling hunts.

Though the antis would see it entirely differently.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

jeff

Hi mate,

Thank you for the kind offer Jeff and I still owe you my friend. Indeed I am now looking for someone to help out as the project is beyond my means. I doubt money can be made from it but you get the opportunity in life to help many others less fortunate than ourselves and to mix it with raw Africa. The hunting is simply a bonus.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
should have just shot the god damn villagers would have been better all round for the country and the wild life! thank god you didn't have to pay for them they breed like rats!

This is their country mate and all I am doing is trying to come up with sustainable solutions, a win win situation that will protect our sport for the future.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
An outstanding post and every conservationist,true or pseudo,should read it. My best thoughts are with you for what they are worth.

quote:
quote:

This is their country mate and all I am doing is trying to come up with sustainable solutions, a win win situation that will protect our sport for the future.

Andrew, you are a gentleman.

Best-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

All of you kind folk who are now reaching deep into your pockets do not worry. I have a plan - some nutcase wants to buy the rover and I have been offered a few of grand for the Charles Osborne. I sold the calculator to my gardener.

Luckily you found a nutcase to buy the Lion & Leopard you have on quota. If he is as lucky a bastard as he has been in the past the community and you will see the financial benefit of bringing the game back to this piece of wild Africa. As you said.....a win - win- win across the board.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:

jeff

Hi mate,

Thank you for the kind offer Jeff and I still owe you my friend. Indeed I am now looking for someone to help out as the project is beyond my means. I doubt money can be made from it but you get the opportunity in life to help many others less fortunate than ourselves and to mix it with raw Africa. The hunting is simply a bonus.

Agh what would you expect from a brother that was obviously seperated at birth...

jjs

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you not be better to make a deal with the chief where you supply x-number of good quality cattle per year (say $5k worth - dont tell them the figure, just the toptal number of cattle-beasts) - every year, regardless of the number that the lions kill?? Buy them at the correct price...

If they are stiffing you on the $$ and quantity - stiff them right back on your own terms!!

Just an idea...

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Yeah! I'll be wiring some funds next week. Pay for my Crawshay's before you pay off your cow debt. Ok?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13019 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

zhaba

Just a thought.... Maybe this would be a fair exchange.

If I agree to pay the airfare would you agree to allow me to shoot your family then move an African family into your house in Australia(I would make them agree to sterilization before allowing them to take my offer-no need for them to continue to breed like rats as your country has generous benefits for senior citizens)? This would ease pressure on the game in Africa, lessen pressure on our planet by reducing the overall population and it would make me feel good.

I'll let you choose which one I take shoot first.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
Fairgame

If you have to pay when lions kill cattle. They should have to pay you money when they kill a lion, full price as including TF, and the tips you and your staff would get.

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew-What the hell

Im good for a bit--wont be a lot, just send me a pic or so of the area

PM Wiring instructions and i am in.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by white north:
Fairgame

If you have to pay when lions kill cattle. They should have to pay you money when they kill a lion, full price as including TF, and the tips you and your staff would get.

The problem with that is the fact that they consider the land theirs(kinda like the way you consider your backyard yours) and they are scraping to get by.

African natives are not killing lions to assure themselves a more profitable year and a fatter 401K. They are killing game in hopes that they will have enough to eat to make it to the next year.

They value lions at $0.00, so they would be happy to pay you that for each lion they kill.

Just think of African lions in terms of the American grizzly and wolf. We happily killed them off and would be happy to do so again. We don't really care how much money they could bring in in trophy fees, we just want to protect our loved ones and property.

Why are African Natives held to a different standard? Is it just because they are not "humans"?

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
BTW, I don't wish any ill will towards anyone. I'm just hoping to make you think.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Why are African Natives held to a different standard? Is it just because they're niggers?............BTW, I don't wish any ill will towards anyone. I'm just hoping to make you think.

Hmmmmm.......I'm thinking alright.....I'm thinking that's pretty inapropriate and uncalled for.....

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Brett

I agree that it is uncalled for. But let's be honest about my question: why else would people on this thread be suggesting that villagers be shot, or that they breed like rats, or that they should have to pay for killing an apex predator that is killing their livestock?

I wish people would step back and realize that the way rural Africans are conducting themselves today is not all that different from the way our own grandparents and great grandparents conducted themselves if they happened to live in rural areas.
-They have as many children as they can in hope that it will provide security as they age.
-They kill any animal that is a threat to their security.
-The move towards "greener pastures" with complete disregard to the impact that it might have on the ecosystem.

I applaud what Andrew is doing. If it wasn't for sport hunters placing value on game it would be wiped out in most areas.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
AR is a great place, not just for hunting but also for cofirmation that we believe in human dignity.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of parallels here with the American west, when they exterminated wolves. The Americans hate wolves with a passion so no different than the Africans killing the lions that kill their cattle.

Obviously if that lion becomes more valuable than the cattle then it's not worth killing any more.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
Brett

I agree that it is uncalled for. But let's be honest about my question: why else would people on this thread be suggesting that villagers be shot, or that they breed like rats, or that they should have to pay for killing an apex predator that is killing their livestock?

Jason,

I knew that's what you're going for and quite frankly I agree with the message....if not the delivery. zhaba and others who have posted similar oppinions voicing racism.....or at the very least dehumanization and a complete lack of compassion need to take a hard look at themselves and perhaps educate themselves a bit about others.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Andrew,
please let me have the wire transfer details.
Good luck,
Milo.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waiting in anticipation of the arrival of Bwana Moja

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Chaps thanks for the kind offers and no worries I will get together the money. The request was more an illustration of what we sacrifice for the game. Maybe some of you will venture to the Kafue and support my cause with some fine hunting?

Let us not deviate to much from the thread. It was my choice to live and work along side the African. You take the rough with the smooth in this business. The Kaounde of Kaindu are very pleasant albeit impatient people to deal with, and once revenues start coming in I hope they will realise the value of the game and indeed the project. As this is not a government concession we then will be busy hunting next year, earning some income whilst the others are scrapping over hunting blocks.

The Lions have bedded down near my camp and my chaps now reckon it is a pride of 6 or 7 which hopefully will become resident. They caught and ate the camp warthog which I was hoping to do. I have sent a runner up to the community to warn them of a possible conflict and also to instruct them to keep their livestock secure in bomas. I think it best to put up a electric fenced arrangement for the cattle.

There must be an organisation that provides AID for LIONS?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I congratulate Jason for standing up and challenging an inapropriate post.

About 18 months ago I stirred up a similar debate and was quickly accused of being a black racist by some AR members.

AR is not the only hunting & shooting site where such dehumanising attitudes are expressed. I know of another hunting site where the owner of the site encourages such posts and censors posts that challenges such attitudes!

You need to understand zhaba's comments from a cultural perspective. The Aboraginals in Australia used to be hunted and killed like animals - possibly until as recently as the 1960s. There was no law to protect them - until possibly the 1970s (forgive me if the exact dates are differnt, but the principle is the same). There are some who still have no problem with this. The Australian police force was "cleaned up" many times because the policemen were among the worst violaters of human rights against indegenous people.

Zhaba's comment appears to be a reflection of a deeply ingrained history, culture & mindset among SOME people. There are many Australians who do not hold such beliefs or behave in such a manner.

Back to the topic - Andrew - Hats off to you my friend. Wish you God Speed once again.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Lions have bedded down near my camp and my chaps now reckon it is a pride of 6 or 7 which hopefully will become resident.

Great!! Now I can't shoot the MGM Grand monster black maned brute. Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
There must be an organisation that provides AID for LIONS?

There are many organizations that will happily collect aid money for lions(or whatever poor creature people decide to save this year). But finding an organization that will actually provide money toward saving the lion.... well good luck with that.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:

About 18 months ago I stirred up a similar debate and was quickly accused of being a black racist by some AR members.

AR is not the only hunting & shooting site where such dehumanising attitudes are expressed. I know of another hunting site where the owner of the site encourages such posts and censors posts that challenges such attitudes!

You need to understand zhaba's comments from a cultural perspective. The Aboraginals in Australia used to be hunted and killed like animals - possibly until as recently as the 1960s. There was no law to protect them - until possibly the 1970s (forgive me if the exact dates are differnt, but the principle is the same). There are some who still have no problem with this. The Australian police force was "cleaned up" many times because the policemen were among the worst violaters of human rights against indegenous people.

Zhaba's comment appears to be a reflection of a deeply ingrained history, culture & mindset among SOME people. There are many Australians who do not hold such beliefs or behave in such a manner.

Back to the topic - Andrew - Hats off to you my friend. Wish you God Speed once again.
more likely just liquored-up and talking crap!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's because you are a black racist. The members of AR also worked out the truth 18 months ago.

You went off your head because someone merely mentioned the word "blacks" in a quotation from a Wilbur Smith novel. Demanded all sorts of crap and then threatened to destroy the site with an email campaign with your fantasy (read "obsessive compulsive nutjob") ideas of your own importance. Instead we got a couple of emails asking us "who is this nut?" When someone tries to "destroy a site" he hasn't got any place on it so shouldn't be surprised to have been banned.

You also forget to say, one of your fellow countryman also thought you a crazy, and a huge furore over nothing. As did other "brown, dark skinned and black" members of the site.

Your post here again shows your obsessive compulsive need to try to be a black racist crusader.

Really naki, your post is just another post saying:

"Look at me! Look at ME! LOOK AT ME!"

(ie an obsessive compulsive's attention seeking post)

John H.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason: I concur with you on a lot of your points but next time could you please not use the N-word?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
more likely just liquored-up and talking crap!!

I didn't know Naki was a boozer?

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Personally I find comments about "shooting people" to protect animals offensive and actually akin to what the idiot greenies always come up with so quickly. Really off and in-appropriate.

But lets face it, a comment was made about "breeding like ...". The fact is over-population in these third world countries is the MAIN CAUSE of many of their problems. The competition of cattle vs wildlife, the competing land uses is due to the ever encroaching and increasing populations of humans. Look at Kenya, from a population of 1.5 million to over 40 million in a century. Look at the ridiculous overpopulation in India, and the result the forests and wildlife habitat is less than 1% of a century ago.

Where I hunted in Zimbabwe and we dropped the elephant trunks off to the local "chief". This chief had 35 children! Ridiculous.

However Good luck to Andrew on his project.

John H.