THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Pulling bullets from military surplus 303 British ammunition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulling bullets from military surplus 303 British ammunition
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How difficult is it to pull bullets from military surplus 303 British ammunition and leave primers intact and fully functional?

Please describe the process.

Many British Commonwealth countries have loaded 303 British ammunition for their armed forces. Which countries' military surplus ammunition - if any - is unusually difficult to complete the process?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heavy crimp ... HEAVY crimp .. i used to tear down 7.62x54 and reload... amazing difference in groups

hammer type puller is slow.. use the end of a 4x4 about 2.5" long.. 100mmx100mmx 700mm .. hitting down on the end grain works best

or use a collet type puller.. these work great and might be faster

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Seat the bullet 1/16 or 50 or 60 thousands deeper

This removes the crimp and breaks the chemical bond that copper and brass get over time

Then with tools you already own follow the steps on my YouTube video and it's quick and easy

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
simple bullet pulling video click here

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
simple bullet pulling video click here

And, I've found milsurp bullets pulled using this method shoot just as well as collet or inertia pulled.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have shot hundreds of bullets pulled with my method with the same accuracy as a new bullet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted has it. Re-seat, as it were, the bullet to break the asphalt seal between neck and bullet sides.

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote