Picture of jeffeosso
posted
r25 -- total round count 86
cmc tactical 3# trigger
fatboy grip
tubbs flat buffer spring
endine full length buffer

tasco target fine hair fine dot 6x18

couple fail to fire f2f in first 40 rounds - this ceased after 40 rounds for break in

100 yards 3 shot clovers, 5 shot sub moa - all within 1 inch square on target

switch to digisight - nil recoil, once sighted in (4 shots) produced 3 shots submoa, 5 shots just over, 4 groups...

removed and remounted digisight, less than 1/2 moa movement

will have to reverse picatinny on digisight to give proper eye relief for m4 stock.

btw, just trigger and spring produced same results

load --- not for use as reloading data ---
42gr h335
new win cases
hornady 165 sst
cci mag primers
lee factory crimped, heavy
loaded on hornady lnl ap press
just under 2.76 aol - est 2600 fps

recoil - nil

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38485 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Jeff. What trigger you have on it incase I missed it.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
cmc tactical - while this says its heavier, this PN is the 3 to 3.5# lb one
http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...4-single-stage-matte

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

This is in no way to run down your trigger. This is just information and stuff I think about on AR's. By the way I have RRA National Match triggers on my AR's primary because they USE to be a good trigger for the value. That was until Brownells stopped dealer discounting them by $50. They said that RRA told them not to discount count them even to dealers.

Anyways back to what I was going to tell you. Small rifle primer cup thickness runs from .019 to .025 inch thickness through the various brands and large rifle primer cup thickness runs .027 through all the brands. This is not taking into account the special application primers like the CCI Military primers sold.

Okay I read the nomenclature CMC's website and it states that the trigger is for AR15's and AR 10's. Little more information here, the AR 10 has a substantially more massive firing pin then an AR 15. I'm wondering if all those modular trigger's have enough hammer mass and power to insure a good primer strike on all primers?

You has said you had a couple misfires, but then after running the gun for few round it went away. I don't feel that is the firing pin wearing in because for one thing they are pretty loose in the bolt and two they and the bolt, and bolt cam pin are very very hard tempered steel.

Keep an eye of if this happens anymore. Those ones that did occur do you think maybe they could have been a primer seating problem since you reloaded this ammo?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I talked with the fellas at CMC before buying it, and explaining that this would be for the r25 -- they felt no issues would come from the trigger -- seating depth? i could make mistakes, certainly -- generally i am pretty decent in loading, so maybe.. i looked to see if there was a problem, just eyeball, uncalibrated for the day, and it looked fine.. and all shot on second time through, with good primer stricken -- doubt i'd have had any problem with winchester or federal primers -- i happened to have bought a good number of CCI mags before the last "Crisis".. and wouldn't mind shooting them up.

i am willing to forgive most semi's until the first 200 rounds ...

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal on your reloading checking. Most the current AR 10 style rifles on the market today use many AR 15 parts...like the trigger group, extension tube, buttstocks. The buffer and recoil spring are different thought. The AR 10 that Eugene Stoner designed had even less parts in common with the AR 15. So I knew the trigger would fit an AR 15.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
well, hmm -- i would have thought this would have received a bit more interest -- odd

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let it grow some Jeff. Hey I loaded some Russian 30 caliber bullets I had bought a good while back. They are steel core with a copper wash steel jacket. Pretty much like a lot of Com Bloc military bullets. Think is these are a far cry from match bullets or even commercial jacketed bullets. I said the hell I'll try them in my AR 10 I built. My eyes popped out when I shot a 1/2 inch hole at 100 yards with them. They shot better then some old Speer 165 grain bullets. By the way those bullets are 147 grain. My rifle sure liked them. I'm going to try them at 300 yards next time out.

Hey you do any pig hunting down your way? That rifle or yours would be great for that.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Well. I put a Nikon 2x7 on it and it's submoa. Then I took it off and back on. Same group.

I am pleased. Can wait for the jp rifles buffer

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Well. I put a Nikon 2x7 on it and it's submoa. Then I took it off and back on. Same group.

I am pleased. Can wait for the jp rifles buffer

Too back Magpul doesn't make the Pmag for your system, I believe they are are really great magazines and they are very reasonable.

Yeah I'll be first in line to hear about you JP buffer system after you get and test it. Pay attention to how flat your primers are now, then observe them with the new JP buffer and tell me if they are less flat, same, or more flat.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Joe
Thanks. And remember the r25 is a Dpms lower with different engraving. Pmags work fine! Y

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Joe
Thanks. And remember the r25 is a Dpms lower with different engraving. Pmags work fine! Y

Sorry Jeff, for some reason I was thinking you had a RRA. You are correct.

What I was referring to when telling you to watch the primer is bolt opening time. If it's correct the primers look normal providing it was a normal or safe load. If they are extremely flat and the load is normal the bolt opened too early. Carrier/bolt group weight and the buffer effect that as does the port gas hole size and location.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now you gotta try the 243 - mine does better than the 308

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
had a 100% fail to fire on a group of federal milprimed ammo .. federal brass .. about 10-12% F2F on some of the hand loads, and more in commercial ammo due to light hammer strikes

replaced trigger with Bill Singleton's 4# deal ... bit of creep, but that should work out...

trigger went back to midway

#dumptrump

476AR,