New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of Rock River Arms AR15?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Several years ago, Rock River Arms built 4 match rifles for the Air Force team that was competing at Camp Perry. My brother was on the team and was the receiving FFL for the rifles when they came in. At that time one of the members decided he didn't want one so I got the 4th rifle. It is a weighted AR15 with stainless match barrel and thin front sight. I guess it is the National Match model. I never shot service rifle competition and don't plan to. The gun is still in the box unfired. What is a reasonable price or value of this rifle? I took my Colt Match HBAR out to the range today and fired it for the first time. I bought it in 1993 before the Clinton gun ban. It just sat in my safe for the past 19 years so I decided I might as well see what it would do. Thanks.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Ed,

I honestly don't know but if you have the all the paperwork that would show that it would be of great interest to a lot of match shooters and collectors.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rock River is one of the better ones for HP Serv. Rifle matches and well respected. A Nat. Match version would have their proprietary trigger(4.5lbs,) very good one, and steel tube under handguards preventing stress on barrel from tight sling pressure. Front sling swivel is not attached to front sight A frame, but on the very end of the tube. Twist is most likely 1/8. Rear sight would have NM hood insert on such rifles and either 1/2moa or 1/4 W&E adjustments. May or may not have Flash Hider, Bayonet lug, either way is legal for matches.
You see fair number of Rock River 15's on line at Perry and other ranges and aside from being of good quality, are fairly priced. Today believe same rifle can be had for approx. 1200.00 plus from mfg. Have not looked for sometime and perhaps even higher. Delivery on such rifles is extended normally for demand is high at this time of the year, match season is just around the corner and from what I can tell, delivery on parts from all mfg. is getting longer and longer??? As always potential buyers will shop the market for favorable pricing and whatever retail is today, doubt that you can expect to get that, but the rifle is well worth $1000.00 I build 15's and using quality parts it is tough to get under that price range. Several suppliers offer NM uppers that alone are more than what I have shown.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MFD:
Rock River is one of the better ones for HP Serv. Rifle matches and well respected. A Nat. Match version would have their proprietary trigger(4.5lbs,) very good one, and steel tube under handguards preventing stress on barrel from tight sling pressure. Front sling swivel is not attached to front sight A frame, but on the very end of the tube. Twist is most likely 1/8. Rear sight would have NM hood insert on such rifles and either 1/2moa or 1/4 W&E adjustments. May or may not have Flash Hider, Bayonet lug, either way is legal for matches.
You see fair number of Rock River 15's on line at Perry and other ranges and aside from being of good quality, are fairly priced. Today believe same rifle can be had for approx. 1200.00 plus from mfg. Have not looked for sometime and perhaps even higher. Delivery on such rifles is extended normally for demand is high at this time of the year, match season is just around the corner and from what I can tell, delivery on parts from all mfg. is getting longer and longer??? As always potential buyers will shop the market for favorable pricing and whatever retail is today, doubt that you can expect to get that, but the rifle is well worth $1000.00 I build 15's and using quality parts it is tough to get under that price range. Several suppliers offer NM uppers that alone are more than what I have shown.

...and AR 10 parts are even more expensive. RRA builds a pretty decent rifle and I like that they use CMT/STAG receivers on their 15's.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
likely has more value to a collector or affectionato than as a rifle...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get the same accuracy, quality and trigger for $1100 fairly easy these days. If you do the work yourself, it would be less.

Posts: 115 | Location: Sparta (where else?) | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get them on sale for about $900.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BECoole:
You can get them on sale for about $900.

+1 and with used market now loaded with rifles it might be a hard sell.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
RRA NMA2 is MSRP of $1250 if I remember the last time I looked, they can be found lower though. If there is anything special other on the rifle for the AF Team or paper work it may have some collector value.

With out anything special for the Air Force on the rifle I'd say in the neighborhood of $1000 if it is a NM A2 model. The shooter's looking for a match rifle will know the difference between a match rifle and a standard AR-15.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam--That's exactly what I have found around here as to retail and realistic value. There are no special markings on the gun but there is a manual in the box that it is a NM A2 model. It is weighted in the forend, has a stainless match grade barrel with target crown and thin front sight post. I guess since I only paid $450 for it at the time, it was a pretty good buy.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote