New
Find
Notify
Tools

1895 Winchester
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 1895 Winchester that I am thinking of selling. I have looked in the BlueBook and it doesn't really tell too much or maybe I'm a little dense. I can e-mail pictures, but not able to post. It is in 30-06 and I forgot the production date. I would be happy to e-mail pics and would like a little help on value.
Thanks Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you when the rifle was manufactured? Is it an original or one of the Miroku made? Condition?

Edit: Butch I misread that you didn't know the production date. If you know the serial number, go here: http://armscollectors.com/sn/winlookup.php?file=win1895.dat

If the rifle is a Browning (Miroku) or Miroku made Winchester that site probably won't give the correct year of manufacture.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New model or old? Check gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com. Those sites should give you a rough idea of what tey're going for. I've seen the new model 270's & 30/06's going for $750-$900. If it's an original, it'll depend on the features, like the sites, the condition, is it a take-down model, etc. etc.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By the serial# it would have been made in 1923. It has a Lyman peep sight as well as the factory sights. I wouldn't know how to tell if it is a takedown model. I will check the auction websites. If anybody wants pics just e-mail me at papawlambert@starband.net
Thanks Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on condition. If collectible condition, it will bring much more than if just a shooter. How's the metal, bore, bluing, wood? Any dings, cracks, scratches, gouges, any bluing left, has it been refinished (if so - who did it), so on and etc...

If just a shooter with no pitting or stock cracks, you could probably start somewhere in the $1K range to some wild amount for collector piece. That's just an opinion, of course. Might be worth your while if it is really good shape to have it appraised.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well i had one that was man. in 1904 that i bought at auction 3years ago for 500
i just did an even up trade for a nib
colt ar 15 just because! so depending on condition it could be up there.
i sometimes check values at barnes and noble books over a coffee! Big Grin
good luck!!!

Posts: 11 | Location: west of chicago | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote