The Accurate Reloading Forums
1895 Winchester

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1221043/m/834104224

09 February 2006, 06:30
butchlambert
1895 Winchester
I have a 1895 Winchester that I am thinking of selling. I have looked in the BlueBook and it doesn't really tell too much or maybe I'm a little dense. I can e-mail pictures, but not able to post. It is in 30-06 and I forgot the production date. I would be happy to e-mail pics and would like a little help on value.
Thanks Butch
09 February 2006, 07:35
DPhillips
Do you when the rifle was manufactured? Is it an original or one of the Miroku made? Condition?

Edit: Butch I misread that you didn't know the production date. If you know the serial number, go here: http://armscollectors.com/sn/winlookup.php?file=win1895.dat

If the rifle is a Browning (Miroku) or Miroku made Winchester that site probably won't give the correct year of manufacture.
09 February 2006, 08:39
Kingfisher
New model or old? Check gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com. Those sites should give you a rough idea of what tey're going for. I've seen the new model 270's & 30/06's going for $750-$900. If it's an original, it'll depend on the features, like the sites, the condition, is it a take-down model, etc. etc.
09 February 2006, 17:58
butchlambert
By the serial# it would have been made in 1923. It has a Lyman peep sight as well as the factory sights. I wouldn't know how to tell if it is a takedown model. I will check the auction websites. If anybody wants pics just e-mail me at papawlambert@starband.net
Thanks Butch
09 February 2006, 23:27
DPhillips
Depends on condition. If collectible condition, it will bring much more than if just a shooter. How's the metal, bore, bluing, wood? Any dings, cracks, scratches, gouges, any bluing left, has it been refinished (if so - who did it), so on and etc...

If just a shooter with no pitting or stock cracks, you could probably start somewhere in the $1K range to some wild amount for collector piece. That's just an opinion, of course. Might be worth your while if it is really good shape to have it appraised.
10 February 2006, 05:11
rick folino
well i had one that was man. in 1904 that i bought at auction 3years ago for 500
i just did an even up trade for a nib
colt ar 15 just because! so depending on condition it could be up there.
i sometimes check values at barnes and noble books over a coffee! Big Grin
good luck!!!