Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger M77 RSI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted
Today I picked up a M77 RSI in 7-08, manufacture date should be about 1983, anyone have any info as to the rarity of this combination? Thanks, Muffin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new 7mm Rigby Short. Wink Info in my library indicates it has modestly higher value than the standard Mod. 77 of that era, bested only by the '72 flat bolt variant. Schwing sez $600 NIB, $500 in Very Good condition. The flat bolts bring $50 more but I'm unsure if the RSI was made in that configuration.

Bet you like it...

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
The Ruger RSI in 7-08 is rare. NIB are selling on the auction sites for above 1K. At least that is what is being asked. I offered 850 for one and got nowhere. I have seen none in the 500-600 dollar range although the 308 and 243 go for that.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cowboy,
saw one on crosnoeguns.com
Ruger RSI 250/3000 NIB
Bob

one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. 7-08 is the difficult one to find at that price. 308, 243 and others can be found.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of ElGriton
posted Hide Post
Got one (M77 RSI)a few years ago in .270.
used to spread shots about 4 inches a 100 yds. Finally got serious a few weeks ago and free floated the barrel and especially the end cap.
I can now move the muzzle of the barrel slightly around the end cap with my finger which I must admit I found a little disconcerting at first. I cleaned the copper fouling and lapped the barrel. Went to the range to adjust the open sights. After some tweeking, I fired a 50 yard 4 shot group of less than 1/4 inch, with open sights! This should translate to sub MOA at 100 yards with a scope. I have now worked on the trigger. Went from 7 lbs to 3 lbs and no creep. I installed a setscrew in the receiver opposite the trigger to stop over travel, worked great. So it should shoot better now more than ever. By the way the range where I am at has closed their 100 yrd range because of a lawsuite so I am looking for another range to test my theory. beer