New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ken Howell: A friend Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted
Let us not forget Ken Howell, a friend and a great gun writer/experimenter. I was going through some old books yesterday and thought of him.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just referenced my copy not to long ago.

salute

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
To know him was a gift. I only talked to him a few times but was impressed by his joy and kindness.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A gentleman’s Gentleman! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

Posts: 245 | Location: Winchester,Wyoming USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
A gentleman’s Gentleman! memtb

Yes, he was. I am honored to have two of Ken's personal rifles and his gunsmithing tools.
I spent many days at his house, talking with him about everything from internal and external ballistics to Christianity, to favorite recipes, and use of the English language.
I truly miss him.

Ed

Posts: 2 | Location: Alaska/East Texas | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With Quote