THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    wow...new take down single shot!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wow...new take down single shot!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gun toter
posted
Thought I would share what I seen very recently.
I am also ordering one myself.

Imagine if you can, a single shot take down rifle that looks like an english version of a dakota model 10.
it is being built here in the states. It weighs under 7 pounds and its accurate and will likely come with a test target.

I spoke with the makers recently and was told there will likely be three grades available.
The first one will retail about $800. The next about $1,500.
The highest grade they are not sure on a price yet but probably 4 or 5,000.
The lowest grade comes with high grade turkish walnut, the others with exhibition and special select turkish walnut.

An $800 take down rifle with high grade turkish walnut!
I would not have thought it possible but guys I have seen the guns.
They are building them now.
They told me they have quietly been designing and perfecting and now building the rifles for over a year.

They tore apart every single shot rifle out there new and old and used what worked on their gun.

Im ordering a couple of the high end rifles from them.

I was asked not to say anything about the guns because they don't want them unveiled yet.
I don't know why they don't. I agreed but I can't help but post this.
Im too stupid excited about it.

Guys, you will not believe how stunning these little rifles are.
Sort of a cross between a model 10 and a farqaursen but its a take down!

Get this, they also have it as a switch barrel.
It is their own proprietary designed action.

I wish I was the sort of person who could post the photos I have of the rifles.
I can't but I can tell you all this. I kinda feel like I am buying the rites to talk about the gun since im ordering a couple.

They mentioned that they will debut the rifle soon

I love my Avatar Too Fellas.

Posts: 190 | Location: Under my dancing Avatar | Registered: 01 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
My questions would be:

1. How accurate?

2. Can you get interchangeable barrels?

Thompson/Center used to make a rifle called the TCR Rifle. About the time I wanted to buy one, T/C had a big fire and then quit making them. If the rifle of which you speak has similar characteristics, I would be quite interested.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gun toter
posted Hide Post
As I've been told the guns have all been shooting very. Well.
Under a half inch to an inch and a half five shot at a hundred yards.

Yes interchangable barrels are available.

Im getting at least two rifles and I think three barrels.
I could just get one rifle but I want more than one configuration.
one case colored and one blue.

Posts: 190 | Location: Under my dancing Avatar | Registered: 01 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gun toter
posted Hide Post
Grumulkin I had a tcr myself in .308 if I recall and I sold it. I liked that rifle and it shot well.
I've thought of trying it find another off and on since selling that one.
I never did because of looks and from what I also recall was the gun was too heavy.

That's just another few reasons im so excited about this new rifle.

I think these guys who are building these new guns are brilliant.
Im not going to be surprised if there is a huge push on these guns sales.

They got a winner. Just wish I could show you the photos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could this be the long awaited rifle from Luxus?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you can.......please ID the source.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gun toter
posted Hide Post
I can't say and I hope no one gets upset for me saying what I have, but come on, its too exciting.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I know who it is, I briefly saw one pic kinda by accident a few months ago, but didnt realize at the time to have a good enuff gander at it.....I would have no qualms posting a pic of it, if I had it.

I will also add that, if its who I think it is, I would likey buy one in a second.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't say and I hope no one gets upset for me saying what I have, but come on, its too exciting.

Somebody get the rope. shame Just kidding. Wink Sounds like something to stay on the lookout for.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I heard a while back there is a new take down single shot on the near horizon and I am really excited to get my eyes on it.

If it is who I believe it is, everyone will be impressed and pleased.

toter, do you have a list of calibers available?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enough already! Why the mystery?
Weatherby is about the only brand I can think of that hasn't produced a single shot somewhere in that price range.

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My sister's brother-in-law who's mailman knows a truck driver that delivered to a man who knew a fellow that knew someone that once posted on this board said the rifles are great!

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by LouM:
Enough already! Why the mystery?

Such a tease! Seems like a picture is in order, even if partially/mostly clothed.

The Dakota 10 is one sexy momma.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't but I can tell you all this ..... I kinda feel like I am buying the rites to talk about the gun since im ordering a couple. They mentioned that they will debut the rifle soon.

So they told you - up front?
quote:
Im too stupid excited about it.

Exactly the immpression I've received.
coffee
quote:
a single shot take down rifle that looks like an english version of a dakota model 10.

O.K, I'll bite - stretch my imagination!
Eeker

I've got a coupla other "Take-Down" Single-Shots - where's the Meat?
bewildered

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
My sister's brother-in-law who's mailman knows a truck driver that delivered to a man who knew a fellow that knew someone that once posted on this board said the rifles are great!

yuck

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked The TCR for taking down and accuracy.I did not like the Stock style or the double set trigger.It was a stretch for me to reach.I am guessing this to be The Luxus Rifle.I am hoping they have adjustable triggers!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sure would be nice if some one would offer a single shot stocked up in such a way to accommodate open sites as the main sighting mode..
To my way of thinking there is nothing finer than a walk/hunt in the woods carrying a slim, balanced, light weight single in hand..
Perfection!
And yes I have been wearing glasses for over 25 years..

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Not a single picture, but the thought of a beautiful new rifle is all one needs to covet it! Amazing, but so true.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
No photos...why'd I bother.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Low Wall:
It sure would be nice if some one would offer a single shot stocked up in such a way to accommodate open sites as the main sighting mode..
To my way of thinking there is nothing finer than a walk/hunt in the woods carrying a slim, balanced, light weight single in hand..
Perfection!
And yes I have been wearing glasses for over 25 years..

It's offered now. It's called the Blaser K-95 Stutzen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes you are right Cliff..
While I don't have a K-95 "Stutzen" I do have one in the rifle model..
Unfortunately the stock doesn't fit me for using open sites..
I am still working on that problem as I really like the K-95..

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Low Wall,
I owned a Stutzen but it was cast for a right hand shooter and slapped me silly when I shot it so it sold.
I have K-95 Prestige now but it doesn't have open sights. There is a LH Stutzen in my future but I don't know when.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad Bailey Bradshaw can't sell his for $800. It's beautiful. I too liked the TCR. I shot a lot of prairie dogs with mine before I learned that it wasn't a varmint rifle and sold it. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cliff, those Blaser K-95 rifles seem to shoot WAY better than a factory single-shot break-open rifle has a right to!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back on topic:

Mark Twain once said "After three days, dead fish and house guests both begin to smell..."

About a week of "I know a secret, but I'm not going to tell you..." gets very old. This sort of kindergarten charade turns me off no matter what sort of wonderful thing is being discussed.

Show it or shut up already!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Biebs, you are exactly right. It will shoot better than I can shoot it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are past my definition of "Soon", or "Shortly" so I'm done until I see "pictures added. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well? Any more news on the "mystery?"

I am not going to have to go to a "business opportunity" meeting, ala Amway, just to find out what all the fuss is about, am I?
Lou M

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Early April Fool's Day entry...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think posts like this are very childish. I post on a couple of aviation forums, especially the ones that cover air racing. There is one that has a bunch of posters on it that are like teenage girls...you know, "I know something you don't", "I saw this really neat (insert what you want here), but promised not to tell anyone about it", etc. etc. etc.
Nothing against you GunToter, but this is sounding like some type of joke or scam. Seriously, if you have a company, and have a product to sell that apparently a lot of people are interested in, wouldn't it be logical to get all the information out on that product and start gettting some solid commitements from poeple to purchase that product? I may not be a business man, but it doesn't take a PhD to figure that one out.
So, either this was an elaborate joke, albeit there was no humor in it, so not really a joke, or Mr. Hein has started to produce single shot rifles, (or should I say "claims" to produce single shot rifles), or we have another PH action type item that is going to be hyped for 7 or so years before one is even seen.
Again, GunToter, I don't know if you were duped, or if this is some type of a prank, but even if it does exist, I would be extremely wary of it since the makers obviously don't have much business sense.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
It's not a prank. I have now seen photos and have placed one on order. At least one other on this board has also. Photos will be released soon (at the decision of the manufacturer) and order taking will begin.

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
From who...a takedown rifle at that low of price point and with Turkish walnut. BS, lets see some pics!

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
The price I paid is much higher than was initially posted here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cliff,

sounds like you bought oats in a bag, at top price, and they delivered ones that were pre-processed by some horse! And then added shipping and handling fees!

I have a better deal for you. I own the Bowie knife Jim Bowie was carrying at the Alamo when he was killed. Other than the blade being replaced twice and the handle four times it is 100% original. I have a signed letter from the Mexican soldier who took it off the body.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of .404
posted Hide Post
I think IF this does exist,this form of "advertising" has crossed the center line and ran off into the ditch.I have no use for "smoke & mirrors" or BS.I'll move along....

I pray for mud on my boots the day I die...
Go see the nights of Africa.....

Posts: 208 | Location: back home in the Tarheel state | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread has shown me 2 posters whom I will ignore from now on.

Teenage girls indeed......
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you ain't got no pitchers and you ain't got no guaranteed specs and you ain't got no firm pricing and the maker won't give no details then all you got is a pig in a poke.

All you guys who SUPPOSEDLY know the details, well, IMO you should either give 'em up or shut up about how privileged you are to be privy to the 'special information' that has been denied to the rest of us Great Unwashed.

If you've been 'sworn to secrecy' (again, teenage girls) by the maker then IMO he's an idiot and I certainly won't be interested in any of his products.

This teasing thread has spoiled things for me, I can't overcome the taste of 'now I'm gonna tell you a secret but you can't tell ANYBODY about it!' How sophomoric.

The longer the maker waits, the less folks will be interested.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellas,
Please, there is no reason for anyone to be getting upset, this is an exciting thing and the birth of an exciting American made firearm.
The gun is indeed real and we asked guys to keep it under wraps simply because there was no reason to let it be known until it was available.

It is now available, albeit in a limited higher end version.

Another reason we asked guys to keep it quiet was because other companies in the past seem to come out and say they are "going" to build this or that and then try to gauge the response to their announcement to see if it is worth building.
We are not like that. We have been working on this for a year and a half now.

We are very pleased with what we have built and the website should be up very soon explaining the rifle with some nice detailed photos as well.

The rifles available now are the higher end guns as Cliff mentioned, although they are less money than guntoter mentioned.
These first guns are all fully CNC machined inside and out, all parts, and come with about the highest grade Turkish walnut available included in the price, $2,995. (fully finished rifle) some options are available.
There are other grades coming in the future that will cost less.

Please accept my apologies to anyone who feels that keeping things quiet for now was a bad decision, we feel it was the best thing to do, and did not do it for any reason than our own collective beliefs at Luxus.

Email us if you would like to see photos. We are not going to turn this thread into a sales pitch.

All my best to everyone and thank you all past and future customers and friends.

Adam

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I WAS WRONG! I ADMIT THAT, HERE AND NOW!

Adam sent me a couple pictures of the rifle just now and it is GEEEORGEOUS!

You guys are not going to believe how tidy a design this rifle is. Switch barrel, under three grand, with a two grand stock blank.

Wow!

Rich

more later, I need to go back and look some more.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Cliff,

sounds like you bought oats in a bag, at top price, and they delivered ones that were pre-processed by some horse! And then added shipping and handling fees!

I have a better deal for you. I own the Bowie knife Jim Bowie was carrying at the Alamo when he was killed. Other than the blade being replaced twice and the handle four times it is 100% original. I have a signed letter from the Mexican soldier who took it off the body.

Rich

I am a bit surprised at your post. I didn't think you would stoop to this.