THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    wow...new take down single shot!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wow...new take down single shot!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Will just the action or barreled action be available?

Posts: 11 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Adam stopped by the house yesterday on his way to hunt in Brownwood Tx, I got to hold and look at the new Luxus single. Man is it sweet, trim, and knock out wood! I think this gun will be a home run!!!!! 257 WBY with a 26 or 27 in barrel please!!!!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the pics it is indeed a nice rifle. now the $64,000 question, no pun intended...the original post listed a starting price, or grade 1 if you will, of $800. Now going to luxus arms website, and under build my rifle, the starting price seems to be $2995.00, or almost a 400% increase in price in less than 5 months. So, where do I submit my order for the grade 1, or $800 model?

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ED
Did you order one?
I ordered 3 of them.
I wish you would direct Adam back to the shop he needs to have my actions sent to my engraver.
Those northerns hunting in south texas in 110 degree dry weather.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
Where is the grade I model? I would like to see the info on it.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OH Just break down
Buy The HIGH GRADE ONE.
They are very nice.

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed...it was fun!

Larry, the actions have serial numbers. I will call you.
Also, keep in mind, I am FROM Texas Smiler Not a northerner! Smiler

These hunts had to happen now for some magazine articles that should print this fall.

For those wondering about the other models/grades, please keep in mind that the statements made are not from Luxus but by members of AR.
It is our intentions to build other guns. It is however the life of business to remain productive. Right now the $2,995 gun is easier for us to make. It is entirely CNC machined and everything is being done in-house.
The rifles costing less will be in the future. It is this $2995. rifle that will make that possible.
As it is presently the rifle priced at $2,995 is selling beyond what we anticipated.
So for the time being we will focus on making the best steps to grow our company and our rifle line-up.

congomike...
Nothing grew by any %. You are speaking of two different model guns with various differences. It was always our intention to build several guns/models, at various price points.
It is simply a case of the $2,995 rifle coming out first - because as I stated, it is easier for us to build now.
Other rifles will follow.

Further, please keep in mind, Luxus made no statements, guntoter did and he does not work here.

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam
Great maybe we can get the actions to the engravers next week.
Oh I would not tell everyone you are from Texas.
Like they say the best thing that ever came out of Texas was.
ROUTE 66 yankees
Larry

one of us
posted Hide Post
AFreeman...first of all my apologies, I didn't mean to come across like I apparently did. I reread all the posts and your last answer was the first I found out that Guntoter did not represent your company. I realize he started this post, but in your many posts on the subject you never let people know he did not "officially", if you will, speak for your company.
It is indeed a very nice rifle, and I look forward to a "lesser" grade.
I think that Guntoter owes a explanation as to why he posted prices of a product that he has nothing to do with.
Again, sorry, but my perception was that he did represent your company.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congomike, no need for an apology.

guntoter is fine, he is just excited as are a lot of guys who have seen and handled the gun, not everyone comments though.

I was a little pointed in my remarks because, there are a couple of guys here and on 24hr that seem to like to play games with their posts and make comments when they have never met us nor have they ever bought anything from us, Luxus, yet they speak like they know something as to our business practices.
Btw, we have NEVER once failed to back up our wood.
Your comment about the price going up was shadowing their snide remarks about a "bait and switch"..their words, not yours but it was enough to get my attention whereas their childish comments do not deserve a reply.

So, when I first read your post I was not sure if you were one of the few that like to act childish.
You are not, and so please do not take my comments the wrong way.
I was simply letting it be known that the two products are indeed just that, two different products.

Any other guns we build we will build with nice wood as well. That is the biggest draw.
But the looks of the gun and the accuracy sure do help.

....More photos under the other thread I started.

Thanks for the kind reply.

Larry, let me know about the polishing.

Best,

Adam

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam:
Thanks for the reply. I am very interested in one of our single shot rifles, but right now it has to be the low end one...(one more kid to get through college). I will keep visiting your site and will order one when I can.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adam
Great chat today. I will have Gary Griffiths call you so you all can figure out what polish is required.
I think its more than 80 grit. Hell I hope
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SURE GLAD THE CAT IS OUT OF THE BAG.......

Very nice rifle....

Thanks for finally sharing.

Tetonka

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a race between Bailey Bradshaw and Adam Freeman to see what gun will be in my possesion first. Wink
The first one gets a beer on me in Dallas. Maybe one for second will be appropriate also.
Cant wait.
Larry