THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    LUXUS single shot, take-down switch-barrel rifle - photo
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LUXUS single shot, take-down switch-barrel rifle - photo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of eskimo36
posted Hide Post
I think the middle one is mine in that picture....

"One shot is usually enough..."

Posts: 487 | Location: OK | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
You sure? I thought that one is mine. Big Grin

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curtis, I think the middle one is yours, and Cliff, the top one in the photo is yours.
Smiler

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AFreeman:
Curtis, I think the middle one is yours, and Cliff, the top one in the photo is yours.
Smiler

It is? I liked that one better, anyway. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's what I call thinking on the fly...

I would be hard pressed to choose between the two. Man these are gorgeous rifles.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
awe come on rich - shake some of them moths out of your wallet Big Grin you know you need one of these hilbily

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, even though I have a vested interest in additional sales and so on, I will say this from the perspective of a fellow gun-guy.

No where else will any of us find a rifle/gun built this well from this high a quality material for a price anywhere close to twice the price of these little rifles.
It simply will not be found.

Machined from the best metal and material with the tightest tolerances made capable from modern machinery all in house and built by Americans instead of out-sourcing to other countries.
A year and half in development with engineers artists and gunmakers in collaboration.
$3,000 for the high grade gun and it comes with a $2,000 stick of wood on it.

That is a bargain in anyones book.

But, for those that do not see it that way or still want something at a lower price, we have the second grade coming out soon and it will be below 2K, and yes, it too will have very nice wood on it.

thx
Adam

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oops, I forgot.
They also come with test targets and they shoot very good.

Smiler

posted Hide Post
Adam, any chance you could disclose the price of two and three barrel sets?

...and your rifles are simply stunning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fetishfrog, thanks for the compliment.

For the time being additional barrels are $425.

We brought the barrels assembly/production in-house. We are outsourcing match grade barrel blanks and building the lump and hinge system to our desired accuracy/tolerances, which are exceptionally tight, at our facility.

Adam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Adam,
Any chance of photos showing one of these rigs fully opened. Am curious as to what angle is required to cock and eject a shell. Also would like to see picture of face of receiver and chamber end of barrel if possible. Always nice to lift the hood and see whats there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
siberia, The action is like any other hinge pin action in that it opens up a generous amount to allow anyones hands, regardless of size, to be able to unload and load the rifle.
I have rather large hands and it is easy to load for me.
The extractor mechanism is very positive and pushes the spent round out very well.

The breech face has a bushed firing pin that is removable.

Headspacing stays around 3 thou tolerances on all the guns we have built and are building.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I just do not understand???

Here is a single shot rifle, that has been engineered to weight 6.7 to 7 lbs, ie an IDEAL small to medium calibre HUNTING rifle...

When right away someone asks about making it in a 577???

I have shot some 577 Nitros. I would not want a 577 that weighed less than 13 lbs or so...

And who would want a single shot HUNTING rifle in 577 Nitro???

The ONLY thing a HUNTING rifle in 577 Nitro is good for, is shooting cape buff and elephant UP CLOSE, ie 10 yards or less...

And for that a Double Rifle is the only way to go.

I just do not see the purpose in turning a 7lb single shot Sheep rifle, into a single shot 577 Nitro... IMHO of course... bewildered shocker cuckoo

If you feel different, do not be offended by my statements, maybe I am just being too practical... sofa

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. They're beautiful and you guys should be proud of them.

Do you happen to have any photos showing the case coloring?

quote:
Originally posted by AFreeman:
Fetishfrog, thanks for the compliment.

For the time being additional barrels are $425.

We brought the barrels assembly/production in-house. We are outsourcing match grade barrel blanks and building the lump and hinge system to our desired accuracy/tolerances, which are exceptionally tight, at our facility.

Adam

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I loved my experience of shooting a 577 double.
I would love a single shot 577 weighing say 8.5 pounds. For the cost of one nice 577 double I could get 20 of these gorgeous single shot rifles.

A 577 tropical load can be a great hog Killer in a nice stalking weight. Shoot 650 Woodleighs at 1800 fps.

To each his own patriot

quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Sometimes I just do not understand???

Here is a single shot rifle, that has been engineered to weight 6.7 to 7 lbs, ie an IDEAL small to medium calibre HUNTING rifle...

When right away someone asks about making it in a 577???

I have shot some 577 Nitros. I would not want a 577 that weighed less than 13 lbs or so...

And who would want a single shot HUNTING rifle in 577 Nitro???

The ONLY thing a HUNTING rifle in 577 Nitro is good for, is shooting cape buff and elephant UP CLOSE, ie 10 yards or less...

And for that a Double Rifle is the only way to go.

I just do not see the purpose in turning a 7lb single shot Sheep rifle, into a single shot 577 Nitro... IMHO of course... bewildered shocker cuckoo

If you feel different, do not be offended by my statements, maybe I am just being too practical... sofa

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The colors are being done by Doug Turnbull, so you can expect the finest quality both in color intensity and quality.

For additional photos the www.luxusarms.com website is up.
The larger site is still being built, but there is enough on the temp site to view for the time being.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is tough to do beautiful and affordable in the same story, let alone in one sentence. And an American Company that builds them in this country. Add to that the open invitation to visit the factory and watch yours being built.

I am going to sell some boltguns, and get rolling on a 300/375H&H set next spring.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is truely the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL Cool
I am ordering a 2 barrel set 7x64 and 300HH.
Maybe this one and the Bradshaw double will be ready for my November African trip. dancing
Hurry guy's they are going to dealers soon and no direct orders, price to be retail. CRYBABY
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
This is truely the BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL Cool
I am ordering a 2 barrel set 7x64 and 300HH.
Maybe this one and the Bradshaw double will be ready for my November African trip. dancing
Hurry guy's they are going to dealers soon and no direct orders, price to be retail. CRYBABY
Larry

Below from this thread:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/5441036051/p/1
Gun toter
one of us

Posted 20 February 2011 12:45
Thought I would share what I seen very recently.
I am also ordering one myself.

Imagine if you can, a single shot take down rifle that looks like an english version of a dakota model 10 .

(Sorry not even close to looking like a Dakota model 10)
it is being built here in the states. It weighs under 7 pounds and its accurate and will likely come with a test target.

I spoke with the makers recently and was told there will likely be three grades available.
The first one will retail about $800.00.

(I am waiting for this version to come out version to come out elk88101.) dancing
The next about $1,500.
The highest grade they are not sure on a price yet but probably 4 or 5,000.
The lowest grade comes with high grade turkish walnut, the others with exhibition and special select turkish walnut.

An $800 take down rifle with high grade turkish walnut!
I would not have thought it possible but guys I have seen the guns.
They are building them now.
They told me they have quietly been designing and perfecting and now building the rifles for over a year.

They tore apart every single shot rifle out there new and old and used what worked on their gun.

Im ordering a couple of the high end rifles from them.

I was asked not to say anything about the guns because they don't want them unveiled yet.
I don't know why they don't. I agreed but I can't help but post this.
Im too stupid excited about it.

Guys, you will not believe how stunning these little rifles are.
Sort of a cross between a model 10 and a farqaursen but its a take down!
(Rolling eyes here big time!!) Roll Eyes

Get this, they also have it as a switch barrel.
It is their own proprietary designed action.

I wish I was the sort of person who could post the photos I have of the rifles.
I can't but I can tell you all this. I kinda feel like I am buying the rites to talk about the gun since im ordering a couple.

They mentioned that they will debut the rifle soon

Posts: 180 | Location: right here next to me in Texas. | Registered: 01 June 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit these actions aren't as homely looking as the T/C Encore..
So Mr. Freeman just how did Gun toter get it so wrong?
When are you coming out with the $800.00 version?
Is it true that there will be no direct orders in the near future and the price will be going up as elk88101/Larry suggests?

BTW,
Not all sour grapes on my part as I think a 7 pound .405 Win. or 450-400 3" could be put to good use here shooting 420gr PP cast at 2100fps. on moose or elk..
I will be buying one if and when you come out with your $800.00 model..
Should I hold my breath?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Freeman,
Not that I'm cheap, maybe financialy challenged, but do you offer wood that is fairly straight grained, with a curl or fiddle back running through it? Something that would have been more typical on a turn of the century single shot. Any american walnut? or do you just do the European type? Thanks, DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a cool deal last week did not even know about this gun.
Now I have 3 of them on order.
Adam and Clay are great to work with.
Adam is gathering together all the cuttable parts so the engraver can get started which by the way is Gary Griffith. So maybe this time next week they will be delivered. I will be posting pictures as they become available.Thanks guys I will have two very happy clients when they receive these.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
low wall, my apologies if things presented by a third party who has no affiliation to Luxus about our company's product are not yet to your satisfaction.

We are an American company competing in a very tough economy, don't know how things are up north in the attic, down here in the business engine of the planet things are lean and mean. The very fact that we are able to build these rifles and offer them at the price of $3,000 is an achievement in its own right. I think there is no one that will argue that.

Yes, there will be another version to come, it will retail below $2,000 somewhere, not exactly sure, still working on that and the cost to build will dictate that. You can however be certain that we will make it affordable, just as we have done with this first rifle at $3,000.
Maybe not on all budgets but it is a gun worth 2 to 4 times the price if you use current rifles on the market as a gauge.

Truth and irony being the bedfellows they are, we are surprised in that the $3,000 gun is selling 10 to 20 times faster than we expected it to.
Funny, how things work sometimes. That being the case we are focussing on that rifle and doing what any responsible company would when given the chance, that is to grow.

As to the gun that will sell below $1,000, it is likely in the future, but first things first, we must remain flexible and adaptable to continue to grow as a company and to continue to stay profitable so that we can grow. That means to continue to build these first guns.

dwheels, we are all financially challenged in one way or the other.
Yes there are some blanks like that slated for build. The photos should be online very soon.
We do have some high grade American black walnut, mostly crotch blanks and tight feathers. Happy to use one of those for you instead of the Turkish.

Larry, thanks. I am working on the photos of the blanks and then your metal parts.

Thanks for the great response guys to the rifle and the orders.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is wonderful!

Adam & Co are offering an American made switch barrel SS rifle (read: take down) at a starting price anyone who really wants a fine SS rifle can afford. Upgrade wood and add engraving, and Turnbull color case and I believe it competes on an even footing with anything else in its' class.

Thanks Adam for bringing your dream to us...

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clay and Adam
Govenor Perry of Texas would welcome you with open arms and check book if you moved there.
Just think no pesonal state income tax.
You will need something to shelter those millons from the future gun sales. fishing
Have a great week can't wait to see the blanks you have for me. Big Grin
See ya

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, and real funny Larry!

The new website is up and there are plenty of photos on it as well as some detailed info.
It is being updated as often as possible.

As always, thanks.

Adam

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
pm sent to you Adam.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fellas, Back from a hunt in Texas with the Luxus rifle(s), my homeland, and it is hot there and dry there.

The hunt was good. It is for a few articles to be printed this fall about the rifle.
Keith Wood is the author and he shot a nice axis buck and a real nice black buck measuring over 20", photo below.
I went for an audad but did not get on one I would have wanted.

Took two rifles, both barreled for 270 win.
One shot around an inch and a quarter, the other shot amazingly well.
Both Keith and myself shot it on paper.

Few photos below.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Both groups shot at 100 yards.

Black buck shot at just over 200 yards.

posted Hide Post
Today i went to the Luxus facility and met Clay and Tony. They showed me the operation and all the beautiful wood just waiting to be turned.
I had called Clay a couple of weeks ago to order a rifle, but since I live just a couple of hours away. Clay suggested that I stop by.
They had several stocks turned and I chose the pick of the litter!(haha)
Clay and Tony were great to work with and very patient with me as i chose the options I wanted.I had originally wanted the bright blue finish but after Clay showed me some Case colored recievers they had done, it was a pretty easy choice. Doug Turnbull does there case coloring and it is magnificent!.
They at some point are planning to offer 3 different barrel weights. The rifles i got to handle today were all the light weight configurations. They pointed and handeled very nice, however i prefer a slightly heavier and a bit more muzzle weight. I chose what they are calling their #2 contour. It will be comparable to a Ruger 1-B that i really like.
The actions are very smooth to open and close with no play whatsoever.
The trigger was set at about 2 pounds and broke like the proverbial glass rod. The production guns are set at about 3 pounds for liability reasons.
The wait time will be approximatley 4 months, because i am having it engraved also. Without the engraving it would have been 3 months.They also gave the option to pic my choice for the serial number.
This is a truley great rifle and great people to work with. Waiting on it is going to be hard. I might sneek back over there in the meantime and check on its progress! Not really, I will let them do their work and leave them alone so they can make their customers happy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got this picture today. Mine is the light colored one just left of center. You guys need to leave them alone so they can get it finished!

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wood, Mike.
I had the occasion to speak to Adam and Clay last week by phone regarding my rifle. If I've ever dealt with finer men, I don't remember it.
I can't wait to take delivery of mine.