THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Finally shot the bullpup chassis
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally shot the bullpup chassis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Lol. Rich makes that thing look small. You coming to Cali any time soon Rich? Just needs to be chambered in 30 BR for a cool small package target/hunting rig. I hope it sells like crack laced hot cakes tu2

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boomie,

only if the Cardinals play another series down in LA or 'Dago...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That bullpup chassis would be krazy-cool for an M1A... Cool

Posts: 156 | Registered: 06 December 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Prototype is completely wrapped up.

Proof of concept bolt extension works great. We are starting a production model in <2 weeks Smiler

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I like it! Beauty follows function. A face only a mother could love but oozes a certain cool bespoke quality. Having been raised in a machine shop it makes me misty. I think a great benefit other that being short is that you can have a longer barrel for the same overall length for overbore long range carts.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for a lr weapon what is the advantage vs a folding stock chassis? i can only see a lot of mechanical disadvantages for such a weapon... looks cool though...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Well...it's shorter. A lot shorter. You can carry a long barreled rifle through the woods feasibly now. No more hanging it up on tree branches, ladder rungs, etc. A 16" barreled gun is EXCEPTIONALLY short. A 32" barreled gun is now the same OAL length as a 22" in standard configuration.

I'm working hard to rectify exactly what you mentioned, mechanical disadvantages. This has the ergonomics of a standard rifle, without the conventional bullpup disadvantages of a poor trigger and awkward bolt cycling. Balance is also much improved.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norsk,

the issue with folding stocks is tolerances. Tolerances that adversely affect accuracy. Wear and tear create a slopp(ier)y clearance. Got any doors in your house? If you do not oil them every so often, they squeak in use.

For a military/tactical scenario, it does not matter if you kill or only wound an enemy combatant. In fact, a wound that incapacitates an enemy soldier is preferable.

It not only removes him from the battle, but one or two of his fellow soldiers have to stop shooting to tend to him.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post