ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Kyrgyzstan Marco Polo Sheep & Mid-Asian Ibex (Finished)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kyrgyzstan Marco Polo Sheep & Mid-Asian Ibex (Finished)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Brett!! Awesome report. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Doug

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics and report! Congrats on a great adventure and some fine trophies!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Brett, fantastic hunt and report. Thank you for all the info and pics.

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 219 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Great story Brett. Want too see more pics!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Brett,
Excellent, excellent report!
Your pics are amazing.
It was good talking with you the other day. I hope to have the same outcome on my trip as you did.
Kent

Posts: 16 | Location: TX | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome Kent!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett,
It was worth the wait. 
A must read for anybody heading to or preparing for a hunt in that part of the world. 
Thank you for this detailed report and wonderful photos. 

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 442 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett,
Can't tell you how much I enjoyed this report.
Congrats on your beautiful trophies.
I lived your hunt through the awesome photos.
Thanks for posting.
Best
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
You are very welcome Steve! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great report and your sheep is a beauty. Stunning country and photographs.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9866 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Andrew!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I finally found the snow cammo. It's Naked North Camo.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That was a fine hunt and a very great report and the pics are super.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brett,

Hell of a report. What an adventure that netted some beautiful trophies.

Big congrats!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Awesome Brett, congratulations and great report!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you Greg!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
What brand and model of boots did you use?

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Everything is in my gear report. I used the La Sportiva Nepals.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I missed part 2 of your report the first time I read it.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I received word last week from Safari Specialty Importers that my trophies have cleared US importation and will be on their way to Anchorage shortly! There was a problem with my address on the Kyrgyz CITES export which held things up a bit, but Bek the Kyrgyz outfitter was able to work it out for me!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
I received word last week from Safari Specialty Importers that my trophies have cleared US importation and will be on their way to Anchorage shortly! There was a problem with my address on the Kyrgyz CITES export which held things up a bit, but Bek the Kyrgyz outfitter was able to work it out for me!

Brett

Awesome, always a good feeling when they're home! Can't wait to see the mounts!

Who is doing them? Are you doing full mounts?

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:

Brett

Awesome, always a good feeling when they're home! Can't wait to see the mounts!

Who is doing them? Are you doing full mounts?

Greg

Knight's Taxidermy here in Anchorage. Euro on the ibex and marco polo not sure yet.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Brett,

What a fantastic report and great photos.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Brett,

What a fantastic report and great photos.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

My pleasure! Glad you enjoyed it!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Brett, I realize that I'm late to the party, but I was searching for information on Kyrgyzstan and found your report.

Superb - simply superb. Many thanks for taking the time to post this excellent report. tu2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellent hunt

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! It's been a year now and I was fondly thinking about my hunt over the last few weeks. Too much fun!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
My mount finally returned from the taxidermist last week and due to some office construction I just got it on the wall today. Here it is:

It's pretty darn impressive compared to my dall's sheep.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks Great Brett !
Good Job !

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 442 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great Brett!!!

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Superb!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a Dandy tu2

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Looks good Brett, Love the pedestal wall mount !!! thanks for sharing.

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Brett,
Congrats on a great trophy and trip.
thanks for sharing.

Posts: 14 | Location: TN | Registered: 18 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson