THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Forced to Cancel Hunt, Great Deal on Plains Game in South Africa
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forced to Cancel Hunt, Great Deal on Plains Game in South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All,

I spent a great amount of time researching plains game hunts, talking to outfitters and ph's and put together what I thought was a great hunt. I put my deposit down and was to actually go on the hunt last week ( Oct. 2012). About 7 weeks ago I was diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer.

Well needless to say, hunting is now quite down on my priority list as I'm fighting for my life. I put down a deposit of $2400 USD, which is non refundable. I'm not physically going to be able to go on the hunt in 2012 or 2013 and I am trying to sell my hunt now that I might recoup my deposit.

The hunt is booked with Bushwhack Safaris in South Africa. I was actually still negotiating the package and had it down to two packages, one of which I was to choose prior to the hunt.

Details of the hunt;

5 Days 5 trophy feeç—´ for:
1 x Kudu
1 x Blue Wildebeest
1 x Impala
1 x Blesbuck
1 x Warthog
Price: US 4 390 1ï¾—1

or

5 days safari, 4 trophies

1. Kudu bull
2. Gemsbok bull
3. Impala ram
4. Warthog
5. Rifle included if not bringing your own

Price: US 4650.00

The hunt is fully transferable and can be done in 2012 or 2013. I have, and will provide a copy of the contract I have with Bushwhack Safaris. I will entertain reasonable offers and appreciate any help someone out there might have to help my and my family out of this most unfortunate situation.

Please send me a private message if you are interested.

Best regards,

John Ambrose

Posts: 88 | Location: Hampton Virginia  | Registered: 02 November 2012
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. 25 years ago my uncle received the same news, and was given 6 months to live. He beat it and we just got back from Tanzania last Sunday. Stay positive.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
C'mon guys, this thread deserves more attention than it's getting!

Carolinasman,

I wish you recovery & all the luck in the world. tu2

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your health, my prayers are with you.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way and I hope that you find somebody to fill your spot on the hunt

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
John,
You are in my prayers.

Mike Massey

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry to her about your situation. You are in my prayers. Good luck with the sale of the hunt.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shakari..... I will entertain any offers on the hunt.... Otherwise I (my family) is out $2400........

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Always a pleasure to help a fellow hunter. Esp in his hour of need! tu2

I'll keep trying to plug it for you anytime I can. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Terrible news, will be praying for the same outcome as the uncle of stormsgsp!

Just my opinion, if I were the outfitter I would refund the deposit without hesitation under these circumstances. You should not be burdened with selling the hunt!!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just my opinion, if I were the outfitter I would refund the deposit without hesitation under these circumstances. You should not be burdened with selling the hunt!!!

I agree completely. Since this hunt is for 2012 or 2013 the outfitter has ample time to resell the hunt. Time to step up to the plate and help out a fellow hunter in his time of need.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2293 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Personally I have no interest in ever booking a hunt with Bushwack Safaris. Their insistence on keeping a deposit under these circumstances is unconscionable and shows them to be completely without honor or integrity.

John, if you'll send me a private message or email to the address in my profile I'll compensate you for any loss you sustain on this deal. The last thing you should be worrying about right now is dealing with an unscrupulous safari operator.

Godspeed and best of luck to you. You're in my prayers.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
Personally I have no interest in ever booking a hunt with Bushwack Safaris. Their insistence on keeping a deposit under these circumstances is unconscionable and shows them to be completely without honor or integrity.

John, if you'll send me a private message or email to the address in my profile I'll compensate you for any loss you sustain on this deal. The last thing you should be worrying about right now is dealing with an unscrupulous safari operator.

My friend, you are indeed a class act.

I cannot fathom why an Operator would not return your deposit. I wish you all the best with recovery.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
John,

Prayers sent !

Forrest B

God Bless you !

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
Picture of fvh40
posted Hide Post
quote:

tu2

PH 47/2015 EC
HC 16/2015 EC
Ferdi Venter
ferdiventer@gmail.com
http://www.ferdiventerhunting.com

Nature at your doorstep

Posts: 305 | Location: SA Eastern Cape | Registered: 20 August 2011
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Forrest is indeed a class act!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002
One of Us
Picture of moved2ski
posted Hide Post
Prayer and a bump. Good luck with the sale and with your treatment.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas via Nebraska | Registered: 19 October 2005
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:

clap

+1

ForrestB, you're a true gentleman.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Carolinaman

My prayers are with you and i hope everything is ok with you.

ForrestB you n stand up guy when you ever in south africa and you have a few days free i will come and collect you in jhb and take you to my ranch for a few days and we maybe hunt an impala or something and thats on me.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Forrest & Luan

You're a pair of true gentlemen. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve

You know better than to call me a gentleman.Im still waiting for you to come visit mate.

Luan

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'll be over next year my friend.

I've got 2 or 3 hunts to do with old friends, after which I'll be finished and klaar and also want to look at a couple of classic cars to see if they're suitable for importing into here to sell on........ so you can probably expect me to pitch up in something like an old Merc SL or maybe a Mustang. tu2

'Er indoors is not impressed with that plan! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some stand up men that visit this site.
My hats off to you guys.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am so honored to know you sir!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I't amazing to me how we will send thousands of dollars to a PH who needs surgery, but only one person has offered to help a man who's been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Some have even said that a contract is binding and the outfitter shouldn't be out any money, give me a break!

I'm in and if he is out any cash I'll send Forrestb 200.00 to help out, who else is in?

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist
Huffaker Taxidermy Studio
huftax@sbcglobal.net
http://huffakertaxidermy.com/

Posts: 2006 | Location: Abilene,TX USA | Registered: 27 February 2002
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
I'll match Jerry, if you don't sell it or Can't recover from the PH.
If I had a client with this circumstance I'd refund no questions.
It's rare in this matter, Right is Right.
DENNIS

My wife just had her spleen removed and half her Pancreas , we don't know if it's cancer yet. SO this hits HOME.

Who else knows when right is right?

Producing the Highest Quality Custom Wildlife Mounts with less than 180 Working Day Delivery.
Visit our Studio Online at:
The Artistry of Wildlife
"2009 World Champions"
"Best in World Combined Artists"
World Taxidermy Championships
" 2010 Michigan State Champion"

Email:
info@artistryofwildlife.com

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Artistry of Wildlife:

Who else knows when right is right?

Ya, I have been just mouthy enough on the other thread to put my money where my mouth is. I can therefore spare $100 for the cause if it becomes necessary due to the outfitters continued refusal. Just let me know where to send it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

John,

You are in our thoughts and prayers...God bless you and your family.

Forrest,

Your generosity has always inspired....I know you have a big heart and soul...Please put me down for 1/2 of what needs to be care of for John's deposit refund...

Best,

jjs

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very generous of you guys to help out Carolinasman. Sorry to hear about your situation John...

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjs:
...put me down for 1/2 of what needs to be care of for John's deposit refund...

Best,

jjs

Jim, I'll put you down for 1/3 of what we need to pay. I've already had another request to split the amount left to be paid.

Thank you and thank you to the other fellows who have offered to join in the love-fest. I'll keep you posted with the details.

Forrest

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HI ForestB

Im in for you and the other two guys same offer.
Anytime you guys in sa you are more then welcome.

Luan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been in the hospital for a while and unable to access the internet, I am truly amazed at the generously, wow.... I'm wiping tears from my eyes. I will try again with the outfitter in another plea for my deposit before I accept any charity. Thank you all very much for your kind words, you've restored faith in men for me, I am truly, truly touched.

Regards,

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for $200 as well. Everyone needs a break now and then.

Just send me a PM of details.

AKMATT

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trust me, what I have learned from Accurate Reloading has saved me more than $200.00. I am just spending a bit of money to make a deposit in my karma account.

Maybe others can learn as well.

AKMATT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sense in you guys doing it all. Count me in for $200.00.

+1 on that Kharma thang!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
Carolina, Just do this, I'm still in and I'm sure more are also, Let us cover you and make it right. THEN you GIVE the hunt away to someone that would enjoy the heck out fo it......If they want to hunt with this Outfit. I'd think by now word would have gotten out to him to pony up. But We have your back!
I would not have any problem with this.
Anyone else?

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with that. I have no problem with us covering Carolinasman's deposit, and he can decide what to do. I am sure there are plenty of other things on his mind.

Cheers and Best Wishes Carolinasman!

AKMATT

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Totally fine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
I't amazing to me how we will send thousands of dollars to a PH who needs surgery, but only one person has offered to help a man who's been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Some have even said that a contract is binding and the outfitter shouldn't be out any money, give me a break!

I'm in and if he is out any cash I'll send Forrestb 200.00 to help out, who else is in?

Just got back in town and read this. I'm in too Jerry. Please keep me posted on when/where to send $$$. My thoughts and prayers are with the gentlemen as well.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011