THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PRODUCT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Computers, Hi-Tech & Product Reviews  Hop To Forums  Product Reviews    Best camouflage patterns - which colour or pattern?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best camouflage patterns - which colour or pattern?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich.
look into the duck hunting camo patterns.
I wear two, one by Columbia circa 1991 ish.
and a later Browning pattern from when they first come out with their goose down and Gore-Tex coats.
the Columbia is black/gold and I normally wear the pants.
the Browning is tan/brown with black delineation stripes.
I have actually walked backwards slowly from a herd of over 12 deer [in open grass land] and they could care less I was there until I shot.
I have had several deer look right through me in other situations where I thought I was busted and they just kind of forgot I was there after a bit.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My opinion of camo is there is a sucker born every minute...

I wear wranglers but any dinum will work, and a Kaki shirt or a red and black pad, just break up the outline is all that's needed, not white and movement is the enemy...worked for me in a lifetime of hunting and being in the guiding and hunting business and Im crowding 85.

But if it gives you confidence and a warm mushy feeling then I say get after it....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I want a cammo pattern made up of my couch material so I can lay there motionless and hope my wife can’t see me and ask me to do some chores.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
As Fred Bear used to say; the best camo is sit down and shut up. Remember your father hunted in a red plaid jacket and did just fine! (Actually I did too).
old

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
As Fred Bear used to say; the best camo is sit down and shut up. Remember your father hunted in a red plaid jacket and did just fine! (Actually I did too).
old

Howard Hill never wore camo. Move slow, watch the wind.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
old

Howard Hill never wore camo. Move slow, watch the wind.

Actually Fred Bear was one of the first to wear camo. I'm sure his comment came from someone asking about it.

Yes Howard wasn't known to wear camo, likely because a lot of his hunting happened earlier than Fred's who didn't start wearing it until after WWII. But Fred Bear had much wider hunting experience then Howard Hill.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote