THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Well its happened a bit sooner than we wanted or expected

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well its happened a bit sooner than we wanted or expected
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I'm going to be a grandfather Eeker shocker faint

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dancing Great it's the best job I ever had

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Ha ha told you so. Congratulations, it's what life is all about

http://forums.accuratereloadin...711033642#7711033642

Posts: 3853 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I became a grandad in July. And I was looking forward to it. Very happy days for the wife and I.
So, congrats grandad Bakes. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too !

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2018 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

The best thing about it is now you can spoil them all you want, and then send them home!
Wink

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
It seemed to me that it was not until I became a grandfather that I realised the meaning of life. Most women always know it but it takes men a little longer to get the gist.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Had a talk to them today. Its going to be tough, the boy is on apprentice pay and his girlfriend is on trainee pay. We sat down with them and explained that it's not a fairy tale and their life has now changed but they have our support. That was a relief to the boy.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you realize that now you are sleeping with a grandmother Big Grin wave

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Had a talk to them today. Its going to be tough, the boy is on apprentice pay and his girlfriend is on trainee pay. We sat down with them and explained that it's not a fairy tale and their life has now changed but they have our support. That was a relief to the boy.

It always sounds glib as we all look forward to winning lotto, but money is not everything.
God only knows how much we have supported our own kids, still are for some, as they did their trade training or tertiary studies and then when grandkids come along it is endless but so enjoyable.
It's a wee way off for you yet but need to start thinking about that first 22 or 410 Big Grin

Best wishes and hope all goes well for your family.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:

It always sounds glib as we all look forward to winning lotto, but money is not everything.
God only knows how much we have supported our own kids, still are for some, as they did their trade training or tertiary studies and then when grandkids come along it is endless but so enjoyable.
It's a wee way off for you yet but need to start thinking about that first 22 or 410 Big Grin

Best wishes and hope all goes well for your family.

My son has a Brno .22 that I keep here that belonged to his late uncle. He's not really into shooting/hunting so I guess I'll keep it around for the bub.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I'm not there yet and hope to wait a few yearsWink

Congratulations to you and family.

God bless.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know its going to be OK but the wife and I are still in shock a bit. I don't believe they understand what they are letting themselves in for. But all we can do is support them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tony. I am still waiting. Never thought I would be encouraging my daughter to "do it."

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Can't say too much, Bakes, but some of my favorite people have come from similar circumstances.

Let's face it, the organism is not an accountant Smiler

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah I know its going to be OK but the wife and I are still in shock a bit. I don't believe they understand what they are letting themselves in for. But all we can do is support them.

That's all you can do Mate.

I have a 17 year old granddaughter, a 5 year old grandson and 4 year old set of grand twins (boy & girl). The 17 year old was the surprise.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Can't say too much, Bakes, but some of my favorite people have come from similar circumstances.

Let's face it, the organism is not an accountant Smiler

True

quote:
Congrats Tony. I am still waiting. Never thought I would be encouraging my daughter to "do it."

Thanks mate.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Deep breath, then smiles. Cool
Wish the "kids" the best in responding to their new responsibilities to their child and to themselves.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16369 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Congratulations grandad!

Wishing all the family all the best.

You will love it Tony!

My brother says being a grandad is absolutely great!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It truly makes all the joys and trials of parenting worhtwhile!

Is anyone truly 'ready' for parenthood? If you think so you/they are in for a big surprise!

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Seems like all of us were in that stage of life when we planted the first seeds. It'll work out.

Congrats to all involved.

Ex/late FIL told me one time after we'd had the second one in less than two years and just learned she had another planted already.

Ol Bob said: "take it from me, you can see I've got 9, and looks like you're on the same trail. "you can fuck yourself away from the dining table".

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote