THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    My Latest Custom that I just have to show off!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Latest Custom that I just have to show off!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
I cant get photobucket to work for me anymore,so pardon the link!...Itn't she Gorgeous!
http://www.cartercrafts.com/thor.htm

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quite the knife Tom!

Mike Carter makes some real monsters...more like short swords!

Best,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
That'd make a nice neck knife for strollin' around Nawlins tu2

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I make little knives too. People just keep ordering the BIG ones (which is fine with me).

Posts: 31 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 03 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Carter:
I make little knives too. People just keep ordering the BIG ones (which is fine with me).

Yes and I just got back from a mostly half of all night dinner with one of those guys who was lit up about receiving the Big Bone Bowie which is now renamed the Big Bad Big Bone Bowie B4 Hog sheath.

We had brought pictures to his birthday party of Mikes knife and Gary showed them to one and all. But almost all asked "What are you going to do with that BIG knife?" and then he started in on them. Heck I think the knife grew tonight! I can say he genuinely likes it and has the custom carpenters heading in to the office to build a display case for it in his office. As he said "I always wanted a BIG knife." It sure surprised me. Well he has it now - almost.

I did tell him mine would be just a little bit bigger Big Grin!

Thank you for putting up the posts, and to you Mike for your great work.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Tom, has it cut you yet?
That poker is mean looking tu2

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27590 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Very Impressive...I like the hunter version best.

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got over and looked at that link. That is super nice. Mikes work is superb. I have to think up something for me now!

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Go for it! He can do Anything you like in a reasonable time for very reasonble fee's. Draw up a design and he can make it happen tu2...Then all you have to do is: pick the steel type & thickness,the finish(satin,matte,shiny or super shiney!),Filework,what style and where at,the handle material(oh my God,we can do a paragraph on that alone!) Eeker,the guard and cap style and materials(brass,silver,nickel silver,stainless,etc),the pin materials,how many,how they to be laid out,also if yo may want the decorative mosaiac pins?...THEN,we start over on the sheath,the design,what material or exotic skin(s),dyed or natural,inlays,the keeper style,the stitch style,hi ride or low ride,right,left or crossdraw,carved,stippled or plain...Initials or a name of your weapon and I think your then ready for your personalized lifetime keepsake weapon or work of art...yep,Mike's motto should be "Have it your way"! Big Grin

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom. Yes Mikes work looks superb. And I am going to do another Bowie.

As it happened I got introduced to his work here at AR by your posts. I had a custom Texas trout and bird made up here in Texas by Martin Knives. I was showing it to my buddy who was having a birthday soon and thinking of ordering one of the trout and bird for him for his birthday. He then completely surprised me by saying "If I had a knife made, I want a BIG Bowie knife." I ran to the AR knife forum amd I spent some time finding the threads about the big knifes from Mike for you here on AR. And then checking out Mikes great work.

I bought one of Mikes smaller knifes for me and I got his Big Bone Bowie with some embellishments and a custom sheath going for the special birthday. Mike was the best and very helpful. Heck I even called him (accidentally) as he was getting home from vacation. Oooops.

He is still finishing up both of the knives and snd sheaths. But I have no doubt as to their quality and craftsmanship. And to say nothing of what he could do if I had more time. His work speaks for itself.

I got the pics from Mike and took them to the birthday party as I said above. He cant wait to wear that big Bowie. And everybody asks him why he needs that BIG knife. I think he likes that - then he grins and gets into it with them !

I am cetainly going to get me a big Carter Bowie. I just have to think up how I want it. And a Damascus knife too. On my next trip anywhere near his shop I am going to ask to try to go by and meet him and see his work.

As I said thanks to both you and to Mike.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice... what is your back order on Skinners/hunters like?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right now I couldn't start on more new orders until after the Knifemakers Guild Show (Sept 17-20).

Posts: 31 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 03 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Carter:
Right now I couldn't start on more new orders until after the Knifemakers Guild Show (Sept 17-20).

This gives me time to think up what I want to do - and / or to consult with Safari Kid Big Grin.

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
DONT WAIT TO LONG AS I AM WORKING ON ANOTHER FOR MIKE! shame hilbily