THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

AR wishes our members a Happy Passover

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Preparing For The Unknown    "What" is the Number one "Rule" reference SHTF....???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What" is the Number one "Rule" reference SHTF....???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What single factor is the most important in any SHTF event......???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keeping all the lazy assed grasshoppers off the property when they get cold and hungry.

~Ann

Posts: 19154 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty of guns and ammo is the basic starter.

Posts: 18530 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that, although WAY too many people know that I reload, have guns, stockpile, etc. ad nauseum. That just comes from living in a small community where your kids go to school. Not so small anymore but the memories are still there for the now-grown kids.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskan Sourdough:

Stay Calm, make plans.

Find out what kind of SHTF event it is.

With out proper knowledge how does one know how to react.

How long do you see it lasting.

How much of the country is effected.

Are we talking a total collapse of society or just a localized event.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

"DON'T be where the SHTF event happens".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is great until Murphy rears his ugly head.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please explain how being thousands of miles from a SHTF event would allow for any relevant complication....???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you made me laugh.

Pdog, yep. Figure it out plan from there with what you have. Act quick, then go slow.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Posts: 519 | Registered: 28 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please explain how being thousands of miles from a SHTF event would allow for any relevant complication....???

Your situation does not apply to every one here.

What if the balloon goes up on your once a year trip to town. Your in your favorite store just about to buy your yearly supplies.

Then poof it happens.

Murphy rears his ugly head

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your situation does not apply to every one here.

What if the balloon goes up on your once a year trip to town. Your in your favorite store just about to buy your yearly supplies.

Then poof it happens.

Murphy rears his ugly head

Yep, that sure would suck. See a bit of that already in rural America. No butter in the local stores for the last three weeks. No 1/2 and half either. Annoying but I kind of look at this as a practice exercise for things to come. Sooner than later.

~Ann

Posts: 19154 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. + that is why I have always had a great admiration for the Amish communities.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, even the Amish aren't what they used to be. Large community here where I live, good people, but they stock up at walmart too.

It is really hard to be completely self sufficient- even if you are a member of a large Amish family of laborers.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I'm really sorry to hear that, just one more bubble of admiration burst. I remember vividly in the late 50s + early 60s when visiting my grandparents in Ohio, that they were totally self-sufficient. Although I would not be willing to live in their theocratic society, I still gave them great admiration.