THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HANDGUN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Handgun Hunting    1000 yard shot with a S&W 9mm wheel gun

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1000 yard shot with a S&W 9mm wheel gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Jedi Knight shooting.

It's the third video in the comments

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/guy-...674156479/+caseychan

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's old hat--Elmer did that 60 years ago.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztreh:
that's old hat--Elmer did that 60 years ago.

And your point being? For your information, it was further back than 60 years ago.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That makes you older than dirt.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
Of course the bullet will go that far. But, the angle of the barrel does not look like it would be anywhere appropriate for lobbing a 9mm pistol bullet 1,000 yards. There is no way that holographic sight has enough elevation settings.
I call it a fake as it is presented in the Vid.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 444 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:

MS Hitman is nowhere near 60 years old......just thought I'd put that out there.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rapidrob:
Of course the bullet will go that far. But, the angle of the barrel does not look like it would be anywhere appropriate for lobbing a 9mm pistol bullet 1,000 yards. There is no way that holographic sight has enough elevation settings.
I call it a fake as it is presented in the Vid.

I doubt that Jerry would fake a shot like that, if he did he would loose all credibility.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Browning High Power ? with the sights adjustable to 600 yds {?]

The proper way for all this is - remove cork from champagne bottle - put cork at 100 yds,- shoot cork - put guns away - drink the champagne !!!
clap

posted Hide Post
quote:

Again, your point being? As Whitworth pointed out, I am younger than 60 years old. I suggest you cease trying to rain on other's parades.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The question should be can ztreh do if not ?

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX Nimrod:
Wow, poor ztreh can't get anything right!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/...00-yard-shot-handgun

http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=34

ztreh brought that on him/herself. Best to ask questions rather than trying to pass oneself off as knowledgable on matters one obviously knows nothing about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep--takes one to know one.

posted Hide Post
Being a moderator on here trains one to spot those easy enough. Now, pick another topic, you've worn thin on this one.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
If you listen, he did not use the elevation in the sight, he said he held way over

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10064 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jerry M. has to be one of the finest handgun shots in history.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you believe this sort of bullshit, I wanted to inform you all that I just shot a tyrannosaurs rex with an air rifle! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
If you believe this sort of bullshit, I wanted to inform you all that I just shot a tyrannosaurs rex with an air rifle! rotflmo

Hope you used a heavy enough pellet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just shot a tyrannosaurs rex with an air rifle

Hope it wasn't a MatchKing pellet!
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like baloney to me.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
Sounds like baloney to me.

If Miculek is involved, it's more than likely true.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't he say in the video that the bullet dropped about 50'? Or am I dreaming?

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually he said two different things. At one point he said 70-80 YARDS high, and then later he said he held about 150 feet high. Perhaps someone can check. Slight difference! In any case he did it once so I am not sure how repeatable it is! In a video he made about the Glock 41, he hit a steel target, about the size of a silhouette, at 200 yards. I am sure that that is repeatable and doable by anyone who has a range and enough time and ammo.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a video he made about the Glock 41, he hit a steel target, about the size of a silhouette, at 200 yards. I am sure that that is repeatable and doable by anyone who has a range and enough time and ammo.

I found that full size human silhouette targets at 200 were not hard with several pistols I tried. One them being my Browning high power

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Here is me at 500 yards. Bullets were not cast well (not mine), wobbled, and I still hit the ram.

If shooting was a competitive sport as popular as football, I would not make third string bench warmer. So if I can hit a ram at 500 yards I am sure someone like Jerry Miculek can hit a balloon with a Smith 929 at 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YPW9DTIIA

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
And here is another at 200 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvfqwf8kmTY

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote