New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coup Attempt at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No idea. Personally, I have never heard of it before all of this controversy started.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
All the numbered points seem to point mentioned above seem to point to this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
So basically OTF wants to use DSC for their own benefits??

Not exactly, OTF was the Dallas Ecological Foundation (DEF). At one time, housed at DSC. If my memory is correct the DSC website even linked to DEF, and was part of DSC educational mission. If I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected.

I am familiar with this, as I tried to get DEF educational program in my daughters school, it is a wonderful program.

Also, I am not part of this "coup attempt." I never heard about any of this except the Wildlife violation by a officer, and only after it occurred.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ok.

So if DSC wants to part company with them, some decide to “save DSC” so they do not part??

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:

Not exactly, OTF was the Dallas Ecological Foundation (DEF). At one time, housed at DSC. If my memory is correct the DSC website even linked to DEF, and was part of DSC educational mission. If I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected.

I am familiar with this, as I tried to get DEF educational program in my daughters school, it is a wonderful program.

Dallas Ecological Foundation, now doing business as Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation, was associated with DSC until DSC created their own 501 (c)(3) foundation, DEF did maintain an office in the DSC building. The office space was needed for newly hired DSC employees and an office to house the newly formed DSC Foundation. DEF has a good curiculum that teaches outdoor skills as an elective in a lot of schools, firebuilding, dutch oven cooking, offers hunter education courses, archery in some schools and has a segment on the North American model of conservation, however; some schools won't allow hunting as a tool to be taught.
I believe DSC thru DSCF is still the largest donor to DEF/OTF in the form of grants and DSC has allowed them to place auction items in the evening banquets at the DSC convention, as well as giving them valuable banquet time to recognize their "Educator of the Year". Apparently, they still want more, or at least some of them do.
Oddly enough, the person that got the ball rolling on forming the DSC Foundation and did much of the work getting it implementated now figures prominently in this coup attempt, though he is smart enough to remain in the background. He was part of the effort last year, too. If they manage to pull this off he is the only former DSC board member that may be hired as ED by the "new" DSC, this is in their bylaws.
To Saeed's point, I think it is about money and power, and a group that may not be willing to put forth the effort to get either one the proper way, by earning it.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
quote:

Dallas Ecological Foundation, now doing business as Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation, was associated with DSC until DSC created their own 501 (c)(3) foundation, DEF did maintain an office in the DSC building. The office space was needed for newly hired DSC employees and an office to house the newly formed DSC Foundation. DEF has a good curiculum that teaches outdoor skills as an elective in a lot of schools, firebuilding, dutch oven cooking, offers hunter education courses, archery in some schools and has a segment on the North American model of conservation, however; some schools won't allow hunting as a tool to be taught.
I believe DSC thru DSCF is still the largest donor to DEF/OTF in the form of grants and DSC has allowed them to place auction items in the evening banquets at the DSC convention, as well as giving them valuable banquet time to recognize their "Educator of the Year". Apparently, they still want more, or at least some of them do.
Oddly enough, the person that got the ball rolling on forming the DSC Foundation and did much of the work getting it implementated now figures prominently in this coup attempt, though he is smart enough to remain in the background. He was part of the effort last year, too. If they manage to pull this off he is the only former DSC board member that may be hired as ED by the "new" DSC, this is in their bylaws.
To Saeed's point, I think it is about money and power, and a group that may not be willing to put forth the effort to get either one the proper way, by earning it.

Thank you for the explanation Karl.

So we have individuals who run DSC coming up front to answer whatever questions asked here, but those claiming to "save DSC" are hiding who they are??

Honest people do not hide their identity.

Only crooks do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is vert telling that frauds and cowards like to remain in the background, out of the line of fire. If you want to SAVE DSC, then sign and send in the OFFICIAL DSC PROXY and throw the trash that is the SAVE DSC mailer in the trash.
This group of malcontents,ego driven, power hungry dissidents have thrown lies,and misinformation towards a hard working group of great folks who are fighting like hell, most on a volunteer basis, to save our sport, promote ethical hunting, all the while leading the non-stop Conservation Through Hunting model.I am just one of many folks that have had accusations thrown at them by this bunch. Stay tuned boys, just stay tuned...enough is enough is at their doorstep.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As a new DSC member (joined last year) I have gotten my Save DSC packet in the mail and have taken the time to read the information and the proposed new bylaws. After making a phone call to the member who introduced me to DSC he suggested I look at this site—I have and that letter from Mr. Miller very eye opening. I have not sent either proxy in yet. In determining who I believe I have some questions. Mr. Frank and Mr. Fulson, you obviously have a lot of these answer and getting them in an open setting might also answer several other members questions.
1. Has anyone from the current DSC board or officers tried to arrange a meeting with this group to see if a compromise can be worked out
2. Can I really be kicked out of DSC for asking these questions?
3. Mr Frank did you write to the board of DEF and request that they immediately resign?
4. Is the President of the foundation really the DSC treasurer?
5. How many of the current DSC board or officer have served multiple or consecutive terms? I notice on the DSC ballot one board member is being immediately reappointed.
6. How many consecutive terms have you served as either an officer or board member?
7. Is it true you knew about the wildlife violator and the board was not informed?
8. I have read the comments on the financial audit being done this year. When was the last one done and presented to the membership?
9. Is it true the DSCF director went from a volunteer position to a paid position? Did the member get to vote on that change? Who determined who the “paid” DSCF ED would be was an executive search done and who determined the final choice?
10. Have members really been asked to leave board meetings
11. Have several “president elect” really resigned before taking office as mentioned in the letter
12. Are any financial benefits— discounted/free trips, guns, or any other financial incentive allowed for board members or officers to be receive from exhibitors, DSCF fund recipients or any other entity that they may interact with on behalf of DSC. If they are, does the board require that person to disclose what they have received and the value
I realize as a new member some will tell me to shut up and go away, say I am on their side or yours, but I just want to know before I see DSC on a 60 minutes segment or an ITeam episode

posted Hide Post
Texas Gunney, obviously you are on the other side of this situation from Mr. Frank and Mr. Fulson as I asked them so pointed questions I have some questions for you that maybe a response in an open forum might help members like me decide who to believe and which proxy to send in
1. Has anyone from DSC contacted your group to try to sit down and work out a compromise?
2. Have you or you group contacted DSC to try to sit down and discuss this situation. If so what was their response.
3. What do you mean by a critical audit? Hs different from a traditional audit?
4. Can you further explain the following comments “prohibit officers of the DSC, DSC Foundation and the DSC Frontline foundation trading places year after year, to the near complete exclusion of members.”
5. Can you explain the SCI director and DSC Director comment, is it currently happening, or has it happened in the past?
6. Was the game violator placement on the board just a failure to have that individual vetted or a true cover up?
7. Can you give me an example of a bylaw change used to cover up misdeeds?
8. Who jets around on DSC dime? Can you give us an example? Do you believe DSC should pay for board members (not the Executive Director) to attend meeting or should this be a “volunteers members“ own cost.
9. Have you ever even requested to attend a board meeting? Were you allowed to? Were you allowed to speak up?
10. Mr Frank says you just want at DSC money is that true?
As I said in my earlier post I realize as a new member some will tell me to shut up and go away, or say I am on their side or yours, but I just want to know before I send in my proxy vote.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redshirt:
Texas Gunney, obviously you are on the other side of this situation from Mr. Frank and Mr. Fulson as I asked them so pointed questions I have some questions for you that maybe a response in an open forum might help members like me decide who to believe and which proxy to send in
1. Has anyone from DSC contacted your group to try to sit down and work out a compromise?
2. Have you or you group contacted DSC to try to sit down and discuss this situation. If so what was their response.
3. What do you mean by a critical audit? Hs different from a traditional audit?
4. Can you further explain the following comments “prohibit officers of the DSC, DSC Foundation and the DSC Frontline foundation trading places year after year, to the near complete exclusion of members.”
5. Can you explain the SCI director and DSC Director comment, is it currently happening, or has it happened in the past?
6. Was the game violator placement on the board just a failure to have that individual vetted or a true cover up?
7. Can you give me an example of a bylaw change used to cover up misdeeds?
8. Who jets around on DSC dime? Can you give us an example? Do you believe DSC should pay for board members (not the Executive Director) to attend meeting or should this be a “volunteers members“ own cost.
9. Have you ever even requested to attend a board meeting? Were you allowed to? Were you allowed to speak up?
10. Mr Frank says you just want at DSC money is that true?
As I said in my earlier post I realize as a new member some will tell me to shut up and go away, or say I am on their side or yours, but I just want to know before I send in my proxy vote.

Mr. Redshirt,

Who is Mr. Frank? I may have missed that one.

You have posed some good questions to both sides. Thanks for that.

Oh, welcome to DSC and to AR!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
SO SORRY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MR. K EVANS
my bad

posted Hide Post
MR Evans So sorry for the typo on your name, I have re-posted my original message with the name change I didn't want there to be any confusion

As a new DSC member (joined last year) I have gotten my Save DSC packet in the mail and have taken the time to read the information and the proposed new bylaws. After making a phone call to the member who introduced me to DSC he suggested I look at this site—I have and that letter from Mr. Miller very eye opening. I have not sent either proxy in yet. In determining who I believe I have some questions. Mr. Evans and Mr. Fulson, you obviously have a lot of these answer and getting them in an open setting might also answer several other members questions.
1. Has anyone from the current DSC board or officers tried to arrange a meeting with this group to see if a compromise can be worked out
3. Mr Evans did you write to the board of DEF and request that they immediately resign?
5. How many of the current DSC board or officer have served multiple or consecutive terms? I notice on the DSC ballot one board member is being immediately reappointed.
6. How many consecutive terms have you served as either an officer or board member?
7. Is it true you knew about the wildlife violator and the board was not informed?
8. I have read the comments on the financial audit being done this year. When was the last one done and presented to the membership?
9. Is it true the DSCF director went from a volunteer position to a paid position? Did the member get to vote on that change? Who determined who the “paid” DSCF ED would be was an executive search done and who determined the final choice?
11. Have several “president elect” really resigned before taking office as mentioned in the letter
12. Are any financial benefits— discounted/free trips, guns, or any other financial incentive allowed for board members or officers to be receive from exhibitors, DSCF fund recipients or any other entity that they may interact with on behalf of DSC. If they are, does the board require that person to disclose what they have received and the value
I realize as a new member some will tell me to shut up and go away, say I am on their side or yours, but I just want to know before I see DSC on a 60 minutes segment or an ITeam episode

Once again sorry for the typo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about this. However, the term

“Wildlife Violator” is a loaded phrase.

There is a river of water between spot lighting a 7x7 Royal Elk from the interstate and shooting one too many doves.

Or killing a, notice I said a, turkey out of season on your own land which is illegal in KY.

Folks who deal in loaded terms and not facts do not receive my respect.

So, yeah if someone on the Board kept a bass that was too small once I could care less.

I also do not have a problem with a private club having the same officers year after year. I expect as much.

Finally, I have read all of this thread including the statement from the opposition to DSC and still do not know or understand what the allegations actually are.

Did this start because the DEF/OTF was funded and housed by DSC, then DSC creates its own Foundation, the DSC Foundation still contributes money and convention space to OTF, but somehow that makes DSC leadership unethical?

That is not rhetorical question formed as a summation. I am asking. Otherwise, why are we talking about the DSC and OTF relationship. What does the allegations made here about DSC leadership have to do with the DSC and OTF relationship?

If this is all you got, then in the words of my Father, deceased 12 years on the 28th, “Go straddle a Billie goat.”

Show me specific acts of misconduct not headlines.

In full disclosure Mr. Evans did send me Convention passes once.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I know nothing about this. However, the term

“Wildlife Violator” is a loaded phrase.

There is a river of water between spot lighting a 7x7 Royal Elk from the interstate and shooting one too many doves.

Or killing a, notice I said a, turkey out of season on your own land which is illegal in KY.

Folks who deal in loaded terms and not facts do not receive my respect.

So, yeah if someone on the Board kept a bass that was too small once I could care less. . .

"Wildlife Violator" would be an understatement. In case you forgot or did not know what he did see below:

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Colorado
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
EVERGREEN MAN PLEADS GUILTY AND IS SENTENCED FOR VIOLATION OF ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT RELATED TO AFRICAN ELEPHANT HUNT

Defendant Killed an African Elephant inside Zimbabwe’s Gonarezhou National Park and then Made Efforts to Export it to South Africa

DENVER – Paul Ross Jackson, age 63, of Evergreen, Colorado, pleaded guilty on April 24, 2018, to violating the Endangered Species Act announced U.S. Attorney Bob Troyer and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Law Enforcement (FWS-OLE) Special Agent in Charge Steve Oberholtzer. The defendant was also immediately sentenced to pay the maximum fine of $25,000 by U.S. Magistrate Judge Scott T. Varholak.

According to court documents, including the stipulated facts contained in the defendant’s plea agreement, the defendant violated Zimbabwe’s Parks and Wild Life Act when he shot and killed an African Elephant inside Gonarezhou National Park in the spring of 2015. The defendant, working with a South-Africa based professional hunter, a New-York based export facilitator, and several Zimbabwe-based hunting businesses, gave instructions to have the elephant exported to South Africa, where he hoped to sell in foreign commerce 26 and 27 kilogram ivory tusks. When the government of Zimbabwe initially blocked the defendant’s effort to export the elephant to South Africa, on the ground that the defendant lived in Colorado and not South Africa, the defendant worked with others to try to obtain documentation that he was a resident of South Africa.

In a plea agreement, the defendant agreed to a four-year worldwide hunting ban that prohibits the hunting of any species designated as threatened or endangered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The defendant also agreed to work with the United States Fish and Wildlife Service to return the ill-gotten ivory to the government of Zimbabwe.

“When American hunters violate the laws of foreign countries in the unethical pursuit of trophies, they don’t just undermine the conservation efforts that make hunting possible. They break the law,” said U.S. Attorney Bob Troyer. “Our prosecutors, working closely with Fish and Wildlife agents stationed around the globe, are committed to holding poachers accountable so that elephants and other threatened and endangered species can be appreciated by future generations.”

“The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is committed to protecting imperiled species around the globe from poaching and trafficking,” said Steve Oberholzer, the Special Agent in Charge of the Mountain-Prairie Region. “When a U.S. citizen unlawfully kills a protected species in another country or attempts to smuggle wildlife products, we work with that nation under our federal statutory authorities to investigate the incident and bring that person to justice. These cooperative law enforcement efforts strengthen and protect America’s borders while ensuring the conservation of cherished wildlife species."

The case was investigated by FWS-OLE.

The defendant is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Bryan D. Fields and Suneeta Hazra.

####

Visit our website http://www.justice.gov/usao/co | Follow us on Twitter @DCoNews

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, is this the “violator” referred to by this thread?

I assume it is, because you posted it.

No one has made the nexus. No one has made the nexus of DSC person X covering up Paul Jackson.

Thank you for filing in the blank if the thread is referring to Paul Jackson. More than the person who started this thread did.

Do you know why we are talking about DSC and its relationship with OTF?

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Again, is this the “violator” referred to by this thread?

I assume it is, because you posted it.

No one has made the nexus. No one has made the nexus of DSC person X covering up Paul Jackson.

Thank you for filing in the blank if the thread is referring to Paul Jackson. More than the person who started this thread did.

Do you know why we are talking about DSC and its relationship with OTF?

I have not the slightest clue why this "coup" is occurring just what I have read. I just know what the allegations are, from Mr. Stephen Miller letter that was posted on page 2 of this tread. I have no clue if the the allegation or true or not. Unless their were two Mr. Jackson on the board, that is the guy being referred to. I have read the indictment, it's worse than the press release from the US Attorney office. I have no idea what kind of letter DSC received about Mr. Jackson, a general inquiry or a target letter.

As far as DSC and DEF/OTF, what Mr. Evens posted is different than what Mr. Miller alleges in this letter. I am just an Associate Member, who enjoys attending the show every year and supporting a good cause. I had no idea about any problems or allegations between DSC and DEF until this thread popped up. I do think believe that OTF is a excellent program, and it appears that Bass Pro/Cabalas has become the main sponsor and the program is now in more states then Texas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your information.

I would like someone, anyone, to explain what DSC leadership is allegedly done as it relates to unethical dealings with OTF. I cannot from the thread piece together why we are talking about that in this context from information on the thread.

Here is every observers requests:

Opposition: Tell us specifically what you allege DSC leadership has done wrong/unethically, or I submit you delete your thread.

If I steal from you, you say, “Lowe, you stole my Ford 150 on Tuesday when I parked it outside my house for the night. I saw you.”

Save the community some neighbors are dishonest.

Tell us what you allege they have done wrong in detail.

I and other readers will then judge A) Truthfulness and B) How severe it is.

Penalty will be shown by support for your movement or with pocket book by discontinuing membership.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have a suggestion.

As those behind “save DSC” are hiding themselves, and we seem to be getting new posters wanting explanations, and at the same time they are refusing to show themselves, I suggest we ignore their questions.

If they are seriously interested in answers on a public forum, identify themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen,

I have a suggestion.

As those behind “save DSC” are hiding themselves, and we seem to be getting new posters wanting explanations, and at the same time they are refusing to show themselves, I suggest we ignore their questions.

If they are seriously interested in answers on a public forum, identify themselves.

Bingo. Spot on.

While I do not condone the activity of Mr. Jackson, in this country one is innocent until proved guilty . Why would DSC take any action until he was either found guilty or pleaded guilty?

Now that he has plead guilty, it is easy to look back and say DSC should have done x. In my opinion , they should have done nothing before a plea or a conviction.

If he was allowed to stay involved after the guilty plea, that is a problem.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
TO BOTH SIDES
I do not care who asks the questions if they are legitimate questions on this subject, Why not answer the questions if you have nothing to hide
I do think there have been some good questions asked by a few people on this site and I think they deserve to see some answers from both sides before the meeting on the 12. For myself, as they say “Just the fact”
Let’s get it all out in the open and let everyone decide who is telling the truth.
But for either side to stay silent now is much like pleading the 5th – you don’t want to incriminate yourself.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my opinion , they should have done nothing before a plea or a conviction.

correct Sir

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I heard a .45-70 was enough for African DG according to MS as long as it was shot from a buggered Sabatti double.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TO BOTH SIDES
I do not care who asks the questions if they are legitimate questions on this subject, Why not answer the questions if you have nothing to hide
I do think there have been some good questions asked by a few people on this site and I think they deserve to see some answers from both sides before the meeting on the 12. For myself, as they say “Just the fact”
Let’s get it all out in the open and let everyone decide who is telling the truth.
But for either side to stay silent now is much like pleading the 5th – you don’t want to incriminate yourself.

I think the point is that long term members are finding it curious that you would find AR on the day all this is taking place and insert yourself into the conversation. My guess is you are not nearly as impartial or ill informed as you try to appear.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
After making a phone call to the member who introduced me to DSC he suggested I look at this site

LHook7
In his defense-
he did post the above-
might give a tad more credit-
he may truly be that inquisitive

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
After making a phone call to the member who introduced me to DSC he suggested I look at this site

LHook7
In his defense-
he did post the above-
might give a tad more credit-
he may truly be that inquisitive

I agree it could be true, but I doubt it is. I’m guessing some members on the forum are pretty sure who he is and that is the reason for the lack of responses.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TO BOTH SIDES

redshirt, your welcome to call or email if you want what answers I can provide, but you will have to use your real name. I think I know who you are but I'd like to be certain. Email is mk_evans@yahoo.com or 972-938-6800, won't have cell service until Sunday evening, I look forward to visiting with you.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What Jackson did is inexcusable, but it is normal operating procedure for many of those in the SCI Record Book.

Now, why would those pushing "Save DSC" are hiding who they are?

What are they scared of?

They are supposedly pushing for change to make DSC better, which is great, as there is always room for improvement.

But why hide?

So far in this argument, those defending DSC are posting under their own names.

Those wanting to "save DSC" are pretending to be someone else.

It does not matter what questions are asked, and how relevant those questions are, those hiding behind an assumed Internet ID do not deserve an answer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What Jackson did is inexcusable, but it is normal operating procedure for many of those in the SCI Record Book.

What are they scared of?

They are supposedly pushing for change to make DSC better, which is great, as there is always room for improvement.

But why hide?

It does not matter what questions are asked, and how relevant those questions are, those hiding behind an assumed Internet ID do not deserve an answer.

Agreed.

I find it curious that so many new members are showing up asking questions/disseminating information while using a screen name.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

What are they scared of?

But why hide?

Agreed.

I find it curious that so many new members are showing up asking questions/disseminating information while using a screen name.

It started right from the beginning!

From the minute they decided to “save DSC”, the whole bunch of them put on masks!

And I bet I am not the only person here who just tend to have complete distrust in anyone who hides his identity.

Man up and show your faces.

Or shut up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, my name is Dave Fulson, and my handle on AR has always been Dave Fulson. I serve as a proud, elected volunteer Director on the DSC Frontline Foundation Board. I also serve as an elected Volunteer Director on the board of the DSC Foundation. I co-own a company called Safari Classics Productions who produces three hunting TV series on both Outdoor and Sportsman Channel.I have also been included in the accusations of possible corruption being slung at so many of the DSC family, both paid positions and members of our volunteer army. DSC, for 15 years, has sponsored our TV series with stand alone contracts. My firm also has a production contract with both DSC and the DSCF. We produce the award winning films, as well as the entire social media messaging effort working so well for both arms of DSC.My PAID position is to produce content, end of story. My VOLUNTEER board positions have NOTHING to do with my votes. My integrity is not for sale,and I am just one of many DSC members who have been mentioned without the accusers having decency, professionalism, or frankly the GUTS to use my name. You have read the rubbish and lie filled accusations this small group of power hungry cowards is spewing. They point to DSC needing SAVING. From what? Do we need saving from our most well attended Convention in the history of DSC? Saving from our most profitable Convention to date? Saving from our Corporate Sponsor support, which is at an ALL TIME HIGH! Maybe we need saving from a membership level, with both yearly, and Life Membership at an all time high! Maybe our messaging and social campaigns that have outpaced and out-preformed others in the Safari\ Conservation industry to a point that they are literally copying our efforts and language in an effort to catch up. Is that what these discontents want to SAVE us from? ANYONE who wishes to ask me questions should call me, as long email string back and forth frankly eat up hours I do not have available. But rest assured, I will discuss any points I can honestly answer, and will defer to others points I am unable to speak about due to lack of knowledge. But your name, like my name will be needed. My positions on both boards were vetted, voted on, confirmed by the DSC board, and those questioning my intentions, character, honesty may soon have the opportunity to do it in court. This is, and will be, a failed attempt by some small, selfish, ungrateful,and self absorbed persons to destroy the finest Conservation, and Hunters Advocacy organization I have ever had the pleasure of being a member of. My name is Dave Fulson, my number is 817-343-2470 Give me a call ANYTIME.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
Gentlemen, my name is Dave Fulson, and my handle on AR has always been Dave Fulson. I serve as a proud, elected volunteer Director on the DSC Frontline Foundation Board. I also serve as an elected Volunteer Director on the board of the DSC Foundation. I co-own a company called Safari Classics Productions who produces three hunting TV series on both Outdoor and Sportsman Channel.I have also been included in the accusations of possible corruption being slung at so many of the DSC family, both paid positions and members of our volunteer army. DSC, for 15 years, has sponsored our TV series with stand alone contracts. My firm also has a production contract with both DSC and the DSCF. We produce the award winning films, as well as the entire social media messaging effort working so well for both arms of DSC.My PAID position is to produce content, end of story. My VOLUNTEER board positions have NOTHING to do with my votes. My integrity is not for sale,and I am just one of many DSC members who have been mentioned without the accusers having decency, professionalism, or frankly the GUTS to use my name. You have read the rubbish and lie filled accusations this small group of power hungry cowards is spewing. They point to DSC needing SAVING. From what? Do we need saving from our most well attended Convention in the history of DSC? Saving from our most profitable Convention to date? Saving from our Corporate Sponsor support, which is at an ALL TIME HIGH! Maybe we need saving from a membership level, with both yearly, and Life Membership at an all time high! Maybe our messaging and social campaigns that have outpaced and out-preformed others in the Safari\ Conservation industry to a point that they are literally copying our efforts and language in an effort to catch up. Is that what these discontents want to SAVE us from? ANYONE who wishes to ask me questions should call me, as long email string back and forth frankly eat up hours I do not have available. But rest assured, I will discuss any points I can honestly answer, and will defer to others points I am unable to speak about due to lack of knowledge. But your name, like my name will be needed. My positions on both boards were vetted, voted on, confirmed by the DSC board, and those questioning my intentions, character, honesty may soon have the opportunity to do it in court. This is, and will be, a failed attempt by some small, selfish, ungrateful,and self absorbed persons to destroy the finest Conservation, and Hunters Advocacy organization I have ever had the pleasure of being a member of. My name is Dave Fulson, my number is 817-343-2470 Give me a call ANYTIME.

Very well stated, sir.

I had my name on my signature line and will add it again. I may have removed it around the Cecil lion days or something like that. It will be added again.

-Marcus Cady

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of all the organizations out there, I think DSC is doing great. No idea why anyone would try to "save" an organization that is wildly successful. To me it seems like someone had their ego hurt somewhere. The "save" group wont provide their names, wont provide evidence and is basically relying on ambiguous terms to make it seem like they are concerned. I hope DSC and DSCF keep focused on the mission and doing great work and are not disrupted by these clowns.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I love politics and the fighting. Hopefully it will degenerate into personal attacks and name calling.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had occasion to speak at length today to a DSC board member. For the record it was not Karl.

He is really pissed off. He said most things are total BS. He does say there are a few minor things in the past which basically should be water under the damn.

What pissed him off the most was the attack on those who have spent countless hours volunteering not to mention the money it cost these same people .

This conversation solidified things in my mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know why anyone cares if private club has officers in multiple positions or rotating officers. Most of DSC leadership is volunteering in these positions. The obvious reason is the one’s who care want those leadership positions. This reason is bad form and distasteful.

I still do not know why the thread is talking about DSC and OTF.

It seems the original ethical complaint stemmed from the relationship with DSC and now OTF. What the bones of that compliant was has not been stated. Why it matters today has not been stated.

I think the Opposition has hoisted themselves on their own petard.

For the record, Hi! My name is Joshua Lowe, and I like Bourbon.

I can’t wait until DSC can get back to fighting anti hunting. I just saw SCI’s new commercial in support of hunting. At least, they try.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:

Here is a perfect example of what I mean.

A gentleman who is part of DSC and he is not afraid to say what he wishes, and does not hide behind an assumed Internet handle.

Now look at the other side.

Those claiming to "save DSC".

They have displayed every possible sign of being nothing but a bunch of self serving cowards.

Shame faced bullies.

No character.

No backbone.

Do yourselves a favor.

Start your bloody own organization and run it as you see fit.

posted Hide Post
Earlier Mr. Evans stated:

I am the past president referred to in this point, the gentleman (term used loosely) was not on the ethics committee during my term, the bylaws require the new President to form an ethics committee and have that committee approved by the board. This had not been done at the time I informed the person in question that he would not be on any committee. The person in question is a member of this renegade group and was discussing their takeover plans right in front of me, hence the discussion about serving on a committee.

Copy directly from Mr. Evans and reply from Mr. Harper (after release has been authorized), the ethics committee member releferenced above:

From: kevans@dscfrontlinefoundation.org <kevans@dscfrontlinefoundation.o>rg
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:59 AM
To: hunters@outdoorvisions.com
Cc: corey_@ Qiggame.org ; sto865@tx.rr.com
Subject: DSC Ethics Committee

Bob,

As a follow up to our conversation last night and for the reasons discussed last night, this email will serve as notice that I have decided that your services as a member of the DSC Ethics Committee are no longer needed. I will notify the other members of the Ethics Committee and appoint a replacement very shortly.

Thank you very much for your past service.

Karl Evans President DSC

Notice Letter to DSC Governance Members

Objection is hereby made to the current proceedings concerning an Ethical complaint made by Mr. Steve Miller against DSC members Karl Evans and Richard Che atham. Objection is made upon the basis of the following, but not limited to the following items.
1. Mr. Evans while subject to the complaint threatened then seated Ethics committee member Bob Harper with removal from the committee on June 19th 2018 and indeed inform Mr. Harper that he was attempting to exercise that decision the very next day. This is interference by a person subject to an Ethics complaint with the Ethics review process and a member of such committee.
2. It is understood that Mr. Evans subject to the ethical complaint went before
DSC governance and attempted without the presence of Mr. Harper to seek ratification of removing or ignoring the presence of Mr. Harper from the Ethics committ ee. This contact with some of or all of the members of the governance of DSC in regard to an ethics complaint against him is improper.
3. It is understood that Mr. Evans had direct conversations with two of the members of Ethics committee during the pendency of the Ethics complaint. This is highly improper.
4. lt is understood that Mr. Evans while under investigation of the aforementioned ethics complaint has had direct one on one conversations with members of the DSC governance members. This is highly improper.
5. It is understood that while under investigation for the afore mentioned ethics violation that Mr. Evans has or those at his behest have appointed yet another member of the Ethics committee to rule upon the complaint pending against him. This is highly improper.
6. It is understood that various members of DSC governance has cooperated and agreed to such an appointment. This is highly improper
7. It is understood that DSC governance has done little to zero vetting of the individual for obvious disqualifying bias. The DSC governance has ratified this individual as sitting upon the DSC ethics committee which will make determinations upon the afore mentioned complaint.
8. It is understood that DSC governance has done little to Zero pursuant to their duties to DSC to halt or curb in the afore mentioned improprieties and thus ratifies them.
The improprieties set forth in each of the above eight items, but not limited to those collectively, is more than enough to taint the proceedings in regard to the subject complaints beyond all reason.
You are hereby given notice of each of these improprieties and the objection to each and all of them collectively. The process has been corrupted.
You are given notice that the Ethics review process has been tainted and corrupted beyond the ability of the Ethics committee and DSC governance to render a legitimate and proper conclusion
It is hereby urged that this entire process be turned over to independent authorities ( those, not subject to pressure or connection with DSC governance, the two men subject to the complaint nor the authors of the complaint for review and determination.
This document and the notice to you will be preserved in the event of the necessity to turn it over to legal professionals and legal authorities for their use in questioning you and in appropriate proceedings.
;;;1/'#r-
Robert Harper

DSC past President

DSC Ethic comm,..i,t,t,,e,e member Dater this /J -July 2018

You decide what is accurate and truthful from Mr Evans.

Answers to Earlier questions by New Member;

As a new DSC member (joined last year) I have gotten my Save DSC packet in the mail and have taken the time to read the information and the proposed new bylaws. After making a phone call to the member who introduced me to DSC he suggested I look at this site—I have and that letter from Mr. Miller very eye opening. I have not sent either proxy in yet. In determining who I believe I have some questions. Mr. Frank and Mr. Fulson, you obviously have a lot of these answer and getting them in an open setting might also answer several other members questions.

A. Yes, over, for over an almost 2years multiple requests, in person and written, have gone unanswered.

A. No. You have the right to speak and there are no legal mechanisms to remove anyone who wishes too.

3. Mr Frank did you write to the board of DEF and request that they immediately resign?

A. YES. The Club in 38 years has never undergone a critical audit.

A. Tolson, Eads , Nafya, Patterson, Bob Scott, Carl Evans, All have served multiple some approaching 20 years. Of the three seeking the position of director, 2 have been vice presidents, 2 have been board members and one has already been president. NONE are new blood.

A. Seven or eight

A. Evidence strongly indicates that the DSC management knew and did not inform board much less the members.

A. Never. And to our understanding this is not a critical audit. The one being run is a simple balance of X’s and O’s, not a critical audit.

9. Is it true the DSCF director went from a volunteer position to a paid position?

A. YES

Did the member get to vote on that change?

Å. DSC Members had ZERO input.

Who determined who the “paid” DSCF ED would be was an executive search done and who determined the final choice?

A. The Board of Directors of DSCF. In our opinion either no search are an ineffective search was done.

A. YES! Thrown OUT, including a group of past Presidents!

A. Yes, Rod Woolley and Mark Keilwasser are two in recent years.

A. There are NO disclosure requirements, That is precisely why They are being proposed in the new by-laws. There is no separate Ethics Code, The new by-lays mandate one.

Thanks, you for all of your very thoughtful questions. We are concerned that the Gross acts of DSC governance will bring a Department of Justice Inquiry.

Under the new by-laws members would actually get to vote and there would be prohibitions on persons in power getting financial favors.

Mr. Fulson gets a good portion of money from DSC for his TV shows, Tracks Across Africa, Trijicon’s World of Sports Afield and Hornady’s Dark and Dangerous and yet he is on a board deciding that fact. Seems like a gross violation of conflict of interest. Why on earth is he on such a board? Being that he is paid by DSC entities to also be their media agent, do you think that might cast any shadow on the bend of his responses here?

The word coup d'etat (the actual word that they abbreviate) is used by a group that is fighting to Prevent the right to vote from getting into the hands of the DSC members. They are also fighting to prevent a strong ethics code from being put in place and they have the gall to call such efforts a coup d'etat.

The childish use of coup d'etat betrays the left wing use of emotional terms.

The large group of people fighting for Voting rights, ethical honest legitimate transparent governance are DSC long term life members, that is hardly a group in the shadows.

I believe that these delivered documents will speak for themselves:

THE BARBKNECHT FIRM
A Professional Corporation
ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELORS
The "B " Tower
1700 Alma Drive, Suite 290
Plano, Texas 75075
Telephone (972) 312-1510 Fax(972)312-1511
www.bf mntx.com

To The Following Recipients:
Delivered via Email to each of the following:

February 14, 2020

Scott Tobermann, James Tolson, James Jeanes, Daniel McGeehee, Ken Heard, Ravine Reddy, Amy Callendar, Bob Scott, Michael Verone, Willie Hornberger, Tori Nayfa, Rebecca Evans, Kyle Allison David Hood, Mark Little, Dave Fulson, John Eads, John Patterson, Corey Mason Hereinafter know as recipients.

The Aggrieved Parties are DSC Life members and our clients SUBJECT: LITIGATION HOLD & RECEIVERSHIP
It is with great regret that this letter and the accompanying LITIGATION HOLD is sent to you, but continued and unrelenting highly inappropriate conduct actions and efforts make this necessary. Our clients wish to be highly above board and transparent in all of these undertakings and only wish the same were true from you people.

1. Elections
Last year our clients sent a simple request exercising their rights under Texas Business and Commerce Code Section 22.158 and later under Section 22.351 That was met with a series of highly inappropriate responses. These were taken in hand by our clients. Those of you currently in governance for DSC failed in your fiduciary duties to the membership of DSC through your actions.

Two lists were produced one represented to be the 2019 DSC voting list and one represented to be the 2020 DSC voting list. These lists, and the representations as to the lists, were relied upon by our clients. They took the representations' as true and correct which they were entitled to do.

My clients are now encountering growing evidence of what appears to be outright FRAUD as to the lists. There appears to have been significant manipulations of the lists prior to turning them over to this law firm. More than 900 addresses in Texas alone seem to be invalid and possibly in excess of as many as 1,500 in total. These do not seem at all to be the 2019 nor 2020 DSC voter lists which are used by DSC. If this is indeed true Fraud has been committed upon the members, voting fraud has occurred, and the upcoming election has been manipulated. As evidence increasingly points to this most unfortunate conclusion, it is necessary to put forth this Litigation Hold and Spoliation Warning. If these suspicions are true it will be necessary to proceed against the guilty parties and to nullify the election and seek the many dollars caused in damages and other compensation.

2. Continuing Failure to Obey the Law

Our clients exercise of the right to the corresponding email list with the voter list has yet to be complied with and no emails have been turned over. This has materially prejudiced our client's rights, and the rights of every qualified DSC voter. Such list readily exists, and they have a right to it under Texas Law. In tum you have no options or rights to continually withhold it. Each of you in DSC governance is believed to be in violation your fiduciary duties to the DSC membership

3. Inappropriate Statements knowingly made to create false assumptions

The list has been used in very inappropriate campaigning by the members of governance. Indeed Mr. Allison has used it to make statements to all members via an email list denied to us, leading the membership to false conclusions. Mr. Patterson and Mr. Hood have sent somewhat similar emails. Statements have been made that lead a reader to conclude that only the ballot, sent by your DSC governance group, is official and that voters should not use any other ballot. This is a false and inaccurate conclusion and each of you know that. Presuming you have read the DSC corporate charter and the DSC bylaws, which specifically allow qualified members to change

the bylaws via election and to have matters addressed by voters, you would know that. Thus, the ballot circulating by these DSC members IS an official ballot.

Email communications from the three individuals above and probably others are leading people to a highly false conclusion and pursuant to the Texas Civil Practice and remedies code my clients demand an immediate retraction and your expressed validation of my client's ballot be issued to all persons to which such false communications were sent.

This demand is necessary before proceeding in an action that can involve damages, inclusive of exemplary and punitive damages, being sought from the perpetrators. This retraction should be done immediately and as a minimum to prevent further irreparable harm to our clients and the DSC membership.

4. Past and ongoing Gross violations of conflicts of interest.

There continues to be evidence of extremely GROSS conflicts of interest in the Governance of DSC, DSC Foundation and DSC frontline foundation. Persons who are in overseeing positions of DSC have been and are also currently in governance of the very organizations to which DSC gives material financial and other aid.

5. Unanswered Questions as to conduct and financials of officers

There continues to be unanswered questions in regard to Mr. And Mrs. Evans and other current and past directors' and officers' travel, hunts, and benefits received while in office which may not have been properly accounted for to the IRS and may have been gross conflicts of interest, and hopefully, not quid pro quo arrangements.

6. Ross Jackson matter and Ethics manipulation

There has not been a satisfactory examination investigation and conclusion to the Ross Jackson affair. Indeed, the outrageous manipulation of the ethics process has left open that matter and opened large concerns regarding the fiduciary duties of all

persons in DSC governance, including Mr. Cheatham and those on the ethics panel.

7. DSC Foundation and DSC Frontline foundation

There have arisen significant concerns regarding the propriety of the financial affairs of these two foundations. Additionally, there is concern of basically a volunteer, Mr. Cheatham, being turned into a paid employee in light of his capacity and ability to perform. Certainly not last nor least, there seems to be a direct recipient of DSC and or DSC foundation funds sitting on the board of the DSC foundation.

Not simple errors or omissions

My clients do not believe these above and others concerns if true and accurate are simple errors or omissions but have been done and conducted with intent as intentional acts.

Insurance Notice

You may wish to send this letter and attachment to both your personal and professional insurance carriers for examination. A failure to do so could prejudice their rights and result in effects upon your coverage. As an aside our clients do not believe there would be coverage for the acts and issues raised above as they are intentional acts. We leave it to your carriers to make that determination, if you should choose to so notify them.

You may wish to consult individual counsel as it would seem correct that not everyone will have the same liabilities if each of these matters are ultimately litigated.

We believe it is and would be a gross misappropriation of the financial resources of DSC for those funds to be spent on a defense of any potential claims that may be brought as discussed in this letter as no one in the club has ever authorized illegal and intentional wrong doing.

At the end of the outcome under new leadership such misappropriation of funds would be legally and logically followed to its just end.

This litigation hold attached hereto should be regarded separate and distinct from any that may be forthcoming from the United States Justice Department. The terms and conditions of the attached document stand on their own.

We also request that in light of what seems to be increasing evidence of wrong doing that you immediately engage with us over the appointment of a Professional Receiver of the Club until these and other issues are appropriately and hopefully amicably resolved.

IN Conclusion
We wish to have produced by Monday afternoon February 1ih the true and correct voter mailing list as used by DSC in the 2020 mailing of their ballot in useable CD form.

We wish to have the corresponding email addresses, physical addresses, your email blast list used to send your "Warning" email blast in order to provide a level playing field and the phone numbers of each person to whom DSC sent a ballot in useable CD form by the afternoon of February 17th

Please feel free to contact me.

214-704-2046 jab@barbknecht.com

Notice of Litigation Hold

This is to notify The Recipients of the need and requirement for a litigation hold on documents and electronic records in their possession that may be relevant to the disputed matters between The Aggrieved Parties in relat ion to the DSC election and all other issues addressed in the attached lett er.
This means that The recipients must take the necessary steps to preserve all potentially relevant documents until further notice.
The relevant time period for this litigation hold is January 15 2014 to the final
resolution based on issues presented by The Aggrieved.

The scope of this hold relates to ALL documents and to any and all recordings of any type including, but not limited to documents or electronically stored information, including audio and video files, relating to issues set forth in the attached letter.
The geographic scope of this hold is any location in which relevant documents or information is located within the universe.
Set forth below are additional guidelines for this litigation hold directive.

What is a document? A document is any record that is in paper, tangible, or electronic form. Thus, documents include, but are not limited to, electronic documents (including emails, text messages), Word documents, Power Point files, Excel spreadsheets, databases, phone records, credit card receipts, income and travel receipts etc.

How broad are the recipient's responsibility to preserve documents? They must preserve all relevant documents, including drafts, that are in their possession, care custody, or control, or that are maintained under their respective direction and supervision. This necessarily includes:

• Paper documents in (1) personal files, (2) files that they respectively maintain or that are maintained under their care, custody, control either on or off site, and ( 3) files at their respective homes or businesses
• Electronic files located (1) on any computer, (2) on other hardware (e.g. smart phones, etc.) (3) on other media (e.g. CD-Rs, DVDs, disks, thumb drives, flash cards, audio, cloud storage, or video tapes), and/or ( 4) on network locations (e.g. U:drives or in shared network folders).
The Recipients Should:

• Review all of their records, files, hard drives(s) or other electronic storage media to identify potentially relevant documents.
• Be over-inclusive.
• Back-up relevant documents and segregate them from other records for safekeeping.
• Have his respective attorneys call me with questions.

Note that this litigation hold supersedes the provisions of any record retention policies or guidelines. Thus, the recipients should preserve relevant documents in accordance with this Notice of Litigation Hold even though retention of such documents may not be required under any customary record retention policies or guidelines.
The Aggrieved parties advise that the spoliation of evidence destruction or concealment of evidence will be prosecuted to the full extent of both civil and criminal law governing spoliation of evidence, destruction of evidence and concealment of evidence. Texas judges routinely instruct that destroyed evidence should be taken as proof, by the jury of the facts sought to proven by the Aggrieved.

THE BARBKNECHT FIRM
ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELORS
The "B "Tower
Plano, Texas 75075
Telephone (972) 312-1510
Fax (972) 312-1511
wwwthebfirm .com
February 29t\ 2020
Via email George@first-biz.com George Chamblee
First Business Resources, Inc. Preston Commons West
8177 Preston Road, Suite 300
Dallas, Texas 75225 Dear George,

Thank you for the note that you sent to Mr.Markland to Mr. Harper today.

We believe you have set forth an illegal and improper premise in your letter to them.

What case law and what items within the bylaws do YOU have or does DSC have to deny voters the right to case a ballot right up to the point of counting them on March 12, 2020 as they have always done in years past? Your simply saying so does NOT make it enforceable at TEXAS law.

We submit there is NO legal authority and that for you to proceed with any attempt to disenfranchise DSC members from casting ballots literally right up and through the evening of the election, as has always been the case.

It is clear and the evidence will support this that the attempt to disenfranchise voters falls into three categories: 1. Disenfranchising African voters 2. Disenfranchising Hispanic voters and 3. Just old fashioned voter fraud and disenfranchisement of people with less power.

If YOU and the "power brokers" at our wonderful club pursue this silly course of conduct and attempt to go through with denying people the right to cast a ballot right up to and including the meeting on the evening of the lih of March here is what you

will accomplish; a voting rights law suit against you and each of them personally and to the extent the Club for: election fraud, voter suppression, discriminatory voting practices, civil right violations, violations of fiduciary duties and violation of freedom of association. This will be a successful suit against each person who is connected with denying the vote to DSC members for the very obvious purpose of stilting the election to the powers that be.

Most unfortunately and apologetically that will most definitely include you. The venom that has been spewed against Africans, Hispanics and the good people of DSC who simply wish to vote will be a pure joy to present to a Dallas County judge should you folks wish to pursue the agenda set forth in the attached letter you sent earlier today.

As a friend of many of you I hope you reconsider but if not it shall be as I have stated a pure joy professionally putting each of you under oath on this matter and so much more. If it were not for my strong positive and friendly feelings toward you and others I would not even write this letter I would simply allow you to pull the pin on yourselves. The evidence just keeps piling up on the Members side and burying the control group.

In 36 years of practice I have never ever seen an organization so bent on denying its members a legitimate vote and that now is so avidly working to disenfranchise voters particularly African and Hispanic voters in this matter. Wait until the press gets ahold of this should you decide on such a silly course. WOW!!!

On to other topics

We think it an excellent idea to have an independent firm count the ballots on the 11th and 12th of March, unless you want to set off the bomb that you have set out in your letter.

Please tell us about the independent firm in essence how it lacks connection directly with members of DSC governance. It seems like it should not be necessary to ask this question, but in years past we have seen a complete ignoring of such conflicts of interest.

Please address immediately this request for legal authority before you and others bite off a very serious voter disenfranchisement lawsuit.

Also if you have already retained independent counsel please put me in touch with them. If you choose to set off the threatened bomb you have sent to Mr.Markland Mr. Harper you will have some very real conflicts with the control group.

Given the position you have put your name upon please find attached a litigation hold letter to you personally and professionally.

Just as a note between you and I as friends, how pathetic is it that an organization schemes and plots to deny its members the simple right to express themselves in an election.

Looking forward to hearing from you before this is turned into a problem that the folks who think this sort of thing is clever come to regret in a big big big way.

214-704-2046 Joseph A. Barbknecht jab@barbknecht.com

THE BARBKNECHT FIRM
ATTORNEYS AND COUNSELORS
The "B "Tower
Plano, Texas 75075
Telephone (972) 312-1510 Fax(972)312-1511
www.bfirmtx.com

To George Chamblee: Delivered via Email George@first-biz.com

February 29th, 2020

Hereinafter know as recipient.

The Aggrieved Parties are DSC Life members and our clients SUBJECT: LITIGATION HOLD & RECEIVERSHIP
It is with great regret that this letter and the accompanying LITIGATION HOLD is sent to you, but continued and unrelenting highly inappropriate conduct actions and efforts make this necessary. Our clients wish to be highly above board and transparent in all of these undertakings and only wish the same were true from you people.

1. Elections
Last year our clients sent a simple request exercising their rights under Texas Business and Commerce Code Section 22.158 and later under Section 22.351 That was met with a series of highly inappropriate responses. These were taken in hand by our clients. Those of you currently in governance for DSC failed in your fiduciary duties to the membership of DSC through your actions.

Two lists were produced one represented to be the 2019 DSC voting list and one represented to be the 2020 DSC voting list. These lists, and the representations as to the lists, were relied upon by our clients. They took the representations' as true and correct which they were entitled to do.

My clients are now encountering growing evidence of what appears to be outright

Letter ref Litigation Hold and Other Issues Page 1

FRAUD as to the lists. There appears to have been significant manipulations of the lists prior to turning them over to this law firm. More than 900 addresses in Texas alone seem to be invalid and possibly in excess of as many as 1,500 in total. These do not seem at all to be the 2019 nor 2020 DSC voter lists which are used by DSC. If this is indeed true Fraud has been committed upon the members, voting fraud has occurred, and the upcoming election has been manipulated. As evidence increasingly points to this most unfortunate conclusion, it is necessary to put forth this Litigation Hold and Spoliation Warning. . If these suspicions are true it will be necessary to proceed against the guilty parties and to nullify the election and seek the many dollars caused in damages and other compensation.

2. Continuing Failure to Obey the Law

Our client's exercise of the right to the corresponding email list with the voter list has yet to be complied with and no emails have been turned over. This has materially prejudiced our client's rights, and the rights of every qualified DSC voter. Such list readily exists, and they have a right to it under Texas Law. In tum you have no options or rights to continually withhold it. Each of you in DSC governance is believed to be in violation your fiduciary duties to the DSC membership

3. Inappropriate Statements knowingly made to create false assumptions

· The list has been used in very inappropriate campaigning by the members of governance. Indeed Mr. Allison has used it to make statements to all members via an email list denied to us, leading the membership to false conclusions. Mr. Patterson and Mr. Hood have sent somewhat similar emails. Statements have been made that lead a reader to conclude that only the ballot, sent by your DSC governance group, is official and that voters should not use any other ballot. This is a false and inaccurate conclusion and each of you know that. Presuming you have read the DSC corporate charter and the DSC bylaws, which specifically allow qualified members to change the bylaws via election and to have matters addressed by voters, you would know that. Thus, the ballot circulating by these DSC members IS an official ballot.

Email communications from the three individuals above and probably others are leading people to a highly false conclusion and pursuant to the Texas Civil Practice and remedies code my clients demand an immediate retraction and your expressed validation of my client's ballot be issued to all persons to which such false communications were sent.

This demand is necessary before proceeding in an action that can involve damages, inclusive of exemplary and punitive damages, being sought from the perpetrators. This retraction should be done immediately and as a minimum to prevent further irreparable harm to our clients and the DSC membership.

4. Past and ongoing Gross violations of conflicts of interest.

There continues to be evidence of extremely GROSS conflicts of interest in the Governance of DSC, DSC Foundation and DSC frontline foundation. Persons who are in overseeing positions of DSC have been and are also currently in governance of the very organizations to which DSC gives material financial and other aid.

5. Illegal Voter Disenfranchisement.

February 29th 2020 George Chamblee sent exhibit one to this letter to the Aggrieved parties promising disenfranchisement of African, Hispanic and of members who are dissatisfied with the current voting structure and who wish to freely cast ballots pursuant to long standing precedent of DSC of having voting up to and through the annual meeting.

The promised voting disenfranchisement is designed to very significantly and disproportionately affect these three stated groups and is in violation of several causes of actions set forth in a letter specifically to Mr. Chamblee dated February 29th 2020 addressing the illegal content of his letter.

6. Unanswered Questions as to conduct and financials of officers

There continues to be unanswered questions in regard to Mr. And Mrs. Evans and other current and past directors' and officers' travel, hunts, and benefits received while in office which may not have been properly accounted for to the IRS and may have been gross conflicts of interest, and hopefully, not quid pro quo arrangements.

7. Ross Jackson matter and Ethics manipulation

There has not been a satisfactory examination investigation and conclusion to the Ross Jackson affair. Indeed, the outrageous manipulation of the ethics process has left open that matter and opened large concerns regarding the fiduciary duties of all persons in DSC governance, including Mr. Cheatham and those on the ethics panel.

8. DSC Foundation and DSC Frontline foundation

There have arisen significant concerns regarding the propriety of the financial affairs of these two foundations. Additionally, there is concern of basically a volunteer, Mr. Cheatham, being turned into a paid employee in light of his capacity and ability to perform. Certainly not last nor least, there seems to be a direct recipient of DSC and or DSC foundation funds sitting on the board of the DSC foundation.

Not simple errors or omissions

My clients do not believe these above and others concerns if true and accurate are simple errors or omissions but have been done and conducted with intent as intentional acts.

Insurance Notice

You may wish to send this letter and attachment to both your personal and professional insurance carriers for examination. A failure to do so could prejudice

their rights and result in effects upon your coverage. As an aside our clients do not believe there would be coverage for the acts and issues raised above as they are intentional acts. We leave it to your carriers to make that determination, if you should choose to so notify them.

You may wish to consult individual counsel as it would seem correct that not everyone will have the same liabilities if each of these matters are ultimately litigated.

We believe it is and would be a gross misappropriation of the financial resources of DSC for those funds to be spent on a defense of any potential claims that may be brought as discussed in this letter as no one in the club has ever authorized illegal and intentional wrong doing.

At the end of the outcome under new leadership such misappropriation of funds would be legally and logically followed to its just end.

This litigation hold attached hereto should be regarded separate and distinct from any that may be forthcoming from the United States Justice Department. The terms and conditions of the attached document stand on their own.

We also request that in light of what seems to be increasing evidence of wrong doing that you immediately engage with us over the appointment of a Professional Receiver of the Club until these and other issues are appropriately and hopefully amicably resolved.

IN Conclusion

We wish to have your letter of February 29th withdrawn canceled and rescinded. We suggest that a count occur on March 11th and lih through the time of the meeting. But if you like being a defendant in a law suit which will be won by my clients that is your choice.

We are very sorry you have chosen this most unfortunate path.

Please feel free to contact me.

With Best Regards

214-704-2046 jab@barbknecht.com

29 February, 2020
Matty Markl
P.O. Box 711 Roanoke, TX 76262
martym@energyfinanc ing.us

Bob Harper
P.O. Box 711 Roanoke, TX 76262
hunters@outdoo rvisions.com

Delivered Via Email

Marty and Bob,

In order to facilitate an objective and accurate count of the proxies and ballots for the upcoming DSC Annual General Meeting on March 12, 2020 {the "2020 AGM"), the DSC has retained the accounting firm Saville, Dodgen & Company ("Saville" or the''Accountants") to count all proxies and ballots for the 2020 AGM.

The DSC's Official Notice of 2020 Annual Meeting, dated January 31, 2020, provided notice that all proxies received by the DSC after 2:00 PM on March 5, 2020 will not be counted. Official DSC email blasts on February 7, 2020 and February 19, 2020 provided additional notice of such requirement. With this understanding, any proxies not received by the DSC by 2:00 PM on March 5, 2020 will not be counted for the 2020 AGM (the "2:00 PM Cutoff'). Saville will take possession of all proxies following the 2:00 PM Cutoff at DSC headquarters. You should arrive at DSC headquarters on March, 5, 2020 and deliver your proxies directly to Saville by the 2:00 PM Cutoff. Any proxies which you do not deliver to Saville by the 2:00 Cutoff will not be counted for the 2020 AGM unless such proxies were delivered to the DSC prior to the 2:00 Cutoff. When you deliver your proxies to Saville, they will provide you with a written receipt indicating the number of proxies which you delivered to them.

As proxy holders you are both invited to be present when the proxies are counted by the Accountants in the Saville office at 700 North Pearl Street, Suite 1100, Dallas, TX 75201 (the "Proxy Counf'). Due to the high number of anticipated proxies, it is estimated that the Proxy Count will take approximately 10 hours to complete it its entirety. Please advise as to whether you would prefer the Proxy Count to take place on Friday, March 6, 2020 or Monday, March 9, 2020. Please note that the DSC proxy holders and the DSC Election Judges will also be in attendance at the Proxy Count.

Sincerely,

·George Ofiamblee
Chief Election Judge

Ov.O

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 February 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I bet the anti hunter groups are about to fall over laughing as we continue to fight each other instead of them. They and a bunch of lawyers will be the only winners in this mess... barf thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I bet the anti hunter groups are about to fall over laughing as we continue to fight each other instead of them. They and a bunch of lawyers will be the only winners in this mess... barf thumbdown

Bingo!

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
interesting grammar or rather,lack thereof,
in the "counselors" notice to the DSC members

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC