Find
Notify
Tools

Coup Attempt at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
All I need to know is that the accuser(s) seem to be insisting on remaining anonymous.

To me, that equals zero credibility.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13389 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless DSC bylaws say people of x status are allowed to vote, and the people who meet that status are prevented from voting then this is one of the biggest dog and pony shows I have seen.

I would be afraid to send these correspondence, and if Dallas County Judge is anything like the Circuit Court Judge here in KY, I just got done with this firm will regret this.

There is no Federal Law of KY State Statute that says you have right to be a voter in a private club. I bet Texas has no such law. How is a person’s civil liberties infringed by not being allowed to vote in a private club.

Hell, states are not allowing folks to vote in real elections wo certain forms of identification with S. Ct. approval.

Sorry Opposition you joined the Club, then you live by the bylaws. If the bylaws say you can be removed at the discretion of Officer X, then you are gone.

I hope you hired based on a contingency fee structure.

In short, when there is no state actor there is no violation of civil rights. It is long settled that private clubs can eject members, set requirements for voting, or deny application. Augusta country Club (Master’s Golf fame) could never be forced to admit African American memebers. It finally admitted a few under public pressure.

Notice that big long email keeps saying “improper”. There is no citation to case law or state code that makes what Mr. Evans did a tort because it is highly unlikely such exists. If such did exist, then such would be cited.

Basically, the email says, “We do not like what you did.” The bylaws changes proposed appear to be trying to get the bylaws in line to froce return of the opposition. Rewrite the rules of the Club after those rules showed the Opposition the door.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting observation Joshua.

An organization has to be run in accordance with its governing documents. Like it or not , that is how it must be done . If someone wants X and the the governing documents do not allow it, guess what ? They can’t do it.

I read all of this and I say so what. Why in the hell would any reasonable person go to these efforts over the allegations? No doubt this is costing a lot of money in legal fees. Money that could be used for conservation or hunters rights. Our money! Save DSC is wasting our money. Save DSC is wasting our leaders time that could be spent on conservation or hunters rights.

I know the facts behind some of these allegations. Some not all. Those that I do know about is total BS.

Go away Save DSC. Your tantrum is annoying and counter productive.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know it will be a schitttshow with scumbag lawyers involved. What a surprise.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Unless DSC bylaws say people of x status are allowed to vote, and the people who meet that status are prevented from voting then this is one of the biggest dog and pony shows I have seen.

I would be afraid to send these correspondence, and if Dallas County Judge is anything like the Circuit Court Judge here in KY, I just got done with this firm will regret this.

There is no Federal Law of KY State Statute that says you have right to be a voter in a private club. I bet Texas has no such law. How is a person’s civil liberties infringed by not being allowed to vote in a private club.

Hell, states are not allowing folks to vote in real elections wo certain forms of identification with S. Ct. approval.

Sorry Opposition you joined the Club, then you live by the bylaws. If the bylaws say you can be removed at the discretion of Officer X, then you are gone.

In short, when there is no state actor there is no violation of civil rights. It is long settled that private clubs can eject members, set requirements for voting, or deny application. Augusta country Club (Master’s Golf fame) could never be forced to admit African American memebers. It finally admitted a few under public pressure.

Notice that big long email keeps saying “improper”. There is no citation to case law or state code that makes what Mr. Evans did a tort because it is highly unlikely such exists. If such did exist, then such would be cited.

Basically, the email says, “We do not like what you did.” The bylaws changes proposed appear to be trying to get the bylaws in line to froce return of the opposition. Rewrite the rules of the Club after those rules showed the Opposition the door.

unfortunately, the quality of the judiciary in Dallas county is woefully lacking

though, it appears from the counselors screed, they may be also aiming at the Federal bench via DOJ

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
unfortunately, the quality of the judiciary in Dallas county is woefully lacking

Bloody hell!

This is becoming as ridiculous as lawyers in New York demanding that monkeys have HUMAN RIGHTS!

And I bet the monkeys in New York have more intelligence than those trying to "save DSC".

Listen you lot of self serving, stupid, idiots.

If any of you have an ounce of self respect, you would show yourselves.

Even a cockroach comes out sometimes!

What a disgusting bunch.

If you lot were actually got kicked out of DSC, for any reason , you have shown that you deserve it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:

though, it appears from the counselors screed, they may be also aiming at the Federal bench via DOJ

Daggaboy is obviously correct. I focused on “Dallas County Judge” because that is what the email referenced.

The standard for Summary Judgement in Federal Court is more Defendant friendly than state courts. That is not a function of state courts being inherently more plaintiff friendly. The actual judicial test applied at the Federal level is turned more to defendants.

The fact is this is a very large boulder to push that a private club has discriminated against someone by denying someone the right to vote in the private club or even removed someone from the private club. There is simply no state actor. However, the ethnic language African American and Latino is how they will try to sell it. That Federal Law prevents discrimination based on this impressible factor race. Assuming bylaws have been followed, I say good luck.

I wonder if Texas has reconized in case law deformation by implication as a cause of action.

I cannot wait until we receive the update that DSC has put this to bed, and can go back to the daily business of being the most effective voice against anti hunting fon behalf of the hunting-conservation model.

In addition, still no one from the Opposition has told us what the OTF has to do with this. I would not care, but they started the conversation about OTF without explaining what the issues(s) is. They came here with this show. I guess to beat the war drums to rally support beyond their mailers. I suspect the Opposition wishes they had never heard of AR.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
interesting grammar or rather,lack thereof,
in the "counselors" notice to the DSC members

Poorly written garbage. I had to quit reading that drivel, as it hurt my head. Gross misspellings, even of the names of the aggrieved parties.

Such terribly drafted correspondence further makes me question the merits of the accusations. When I receive similar correspondence from an OC, it makes me sad for my profession, but it also stoles my competitive juices.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: You give us wide birth as our host. Can you ask these folks to post consciously what the the specific alleged wrong doing is by DSC leadership, or have the thread removed for failure to do so.

We know anti hunters monitor AR. This show is irreparably harmful to hunting.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed: You give us wide birth as our host. Can you ask these folks to post consciously what the the specific alleged wrong doing is by DSC leadership, or have the thread removed for failure to do so.

We know anti hunters monitor AR. This show is irreparably harmful to hunting.

I am not going to remove this thread.

It is an example of how some disgruntled, stupid, no class, no character, sub humans think they can change something to suit their own selfish aims.

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: I respect your decision.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

I read all of this and I say so what.

My thoughts exactly!!

As to the Save DSC accusations that is.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you are not prepared to put your name to you accusations you loose all credibility !!

We have had the pleasure of hunting with Karl and Rebecca twice in the Dande and I can tell you like any other good clients of ours they received no preferential treatment or preferential rates.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
If I was presented that type of writing in a Summary Judgment, I would wonder about the quality of the legal work. I can only hope that the poster was having to retype the letter and that is is why it’s so poorly written.

Dallas County did have a turnover of Judges the last election, along with every other major County in Texas. I cannot comment on Dallas Judges as I don’t know any and if I did, I still would not comment.

It sure would be nice if the allegations could be stated clearly and succinctly.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
retired, can now "call'm like i see'um-"

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Administrator
posted Hide Post
It sure would be nice if the allegations could be stated clearly and succinctly.[/QUOTE]

For this to happen the instigators of this sad episode would be assumed to be intelligent adults.

So far their behavior has been nothing but of silly kindergarten bullies!

And too ashamed to show themselves!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry Shores, you do turn a good phrase as do Saeed in a different tone.

I just want to hunt and like all good hunters I need DSC to do all they can , as they have always done, to help make sure my grandkids can hunt. This disrupts good work by good people.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with members wanting to see improvements

For that to happen, they have to put forward their suggestions in a manner that justifies the management to look into it.

If the management refuses to do so, for whatever reason, then those proposing the change should take it up with the members.

And as a Life Member with voting rights, I would like to know who is making these suggestions, what they are, and why the management is refusing to consider them.

Now, if we have some disgruntled nutcases who think they can get their way by creating a disruptive atmosphere, while hiding who they are, I am not going to waste my time listening to them.

We can apply all sorts of descriptions to them, non of which is very pleasant!

So, are the shame faced wimps going to tell us who they are?

And when we do know who they are, I am being a voting member, would suggest they should be kicked out of DSC.

I do not wish to see dishonest individuals involved in the running of our favorite hunting organization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
There is nothing wrong with members wanting to see improvements

For that to happen, they have to put forward their suggestions in a manner that justifies the management to look into it.

If the management refuses to do so, for whatever reason, then those proposing the change should take it up with the members.

And as a Life Member with voting rights, I would like to know who is making these suggestions, what they are, and why the management is refusing to consider them.

Now, if we have some disgruntled nutcases who think they can get their way by creating a disruptive atmosphere, while hiding who they are, I am not going to waste my time listening to them.

We can apply all sorts of descriptions to them, non of which is very pleasant!

So, are the shame faced wimps going to tell us who they are?

And when we do know who they are, I am being a voting member, would suggest they should be kicked out of DSC.

I do not wish to see dishonest individuals involved in the running of our favorite hunting organization.

Saeed, I'd like to respond to a couple of your points, and my points, which are based on fact, might seem a bit different than the "facts" put forth by others.
I agree that member suggestions are important and to the credit of one of the individuals involved in this scheme, a suggestion was made,properly by the way, to have an audit conducted. It was brought to the board and a search was begun to find a firm to accomplish this. It was not a quick process to find a firm able to do a thourough review, but a firm was found and after months of work, we are hopeful our treasurer will give the results of the process at our AGM next week.
Another suggestion has been to have term limits, rotate board members and to stop having the "same old guys" on the board. This suggestion, too, has been addressed thru bylaw changes that were proposed during my term as president and were adopted by the members. To that point I thought it would be interesting to see how many "different" board members there have been in the past few years, from April 1, 2014 until todays date I counted 58 different names of those who have served on the DSC board (this from the board member rosters). Of course, some of these people served more than one year, and there is a reason for that. Conversely, some served only one year, and there is a reason for that, too. Some of the complainers fit into one of those two groups.
I hope this helps...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone on this forum is a member in good standing with DSC, and has not , for any reason received an official DSC Proxy, and would like to make their voices heard via their VOTE, please email me personally and I will be happy to forward it to you. davefulson@mac.com This is the best way to preserve a strong DSC and defeat this ill conceived take over attempt. Standing by...Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
If anyone on this forum is a member in good standing with DSC, and has not , for any reason received an official DSC Proxy, and would like to make their voices heard via their VOTE, please email me personally and I will be happy to forward it to you. davefulson@mac.com This is the best way to preserve a strong DSC and defeat this ill conceived take over attempt. Standing by...Dave

Dave,

My vote was in before I learned about this.

DSC is doing a good/great job and why would I want to change that.

I try to support organizations that support what I believe in. So I do my best and give money to a few, and DSC is one of those groups I support.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:

Can I email or scan my proxy in

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can. Send to the DSC office to jennifer@biggame.org

You can also request a proxy through Jennifer, or give me a email address and I will send the Official DSC Proxy
Thanks
Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed initially the most reasonable and levelheaded post on this whole subject from you above, then when you threaten these people with expulsion for speaking up, you answer your own question about anonymity. Because you disagree with them and if they should prevail should you be expelled for disagreeing and speaking up, that what you are saying about them.
what has this group done illegal or outside DSC bylaws. Following the rules to institute change is the correct way to do things
That's why it is called an election and people vote

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F Gibson:
Saeed initially the most reasonable and levelheaded post on this whole subject from you above, then when you threaten these people with expulsion for speaking up, you answer your own question about anonymity. Because you disagree with them and if they should prevail should you be expelled for disagreeing and speaking up, that what you are saying about them.
what has this group done illegal or outside DSC bylaws. Following the rules to institute change is the correct way to do things

They sent out information, and non of them signed his name to it.

To me, this is a sign of someone hiding something.

I stand by what I have said.

Anyone who has been part of this sorry lot.

Who were too ashamed to put their names down, does not deserve to be part of this organization!

Members have a right to state their opinions, whether these opinions are liked or not.

But never, ever, hide themselves.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

subterfuge and clandestine insurgency -- is not the way to an elective change

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

posted Hide Post
Saeed
Thats not what you said
I quote
Members have a right to state their opinions, whether these opinions are liked or not.

what has this group done illegal or outside DSC bylaws.
Does being anonymous make them wrong maybe it is a sign of why there needs to be change at DSC because life members feel they can not speak up without retribution and expulsion
Hard to have change if only 1 voice counts

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed
Thats not what you said
I quote

what has this group done illegal or outside DSC bylaws.
Does being anonymous make them wrong maybe it is a sign of why there needs to be change at DSC because life members feel they can not speak up without retribution and expulsion
Hard to have change if only 1 voice counts

What I said, and repeat again, if it was up to me, those behind this, who were not brave enough to show themselves but remain hidden, SHOULD BE KICKED OUT!

DSC is better off without any bunch of cowards screaming for change and not showing themselves.

I have absolutely no respect for anyone who is too ashamed to tell us who they are.

And from what many members have posted here, they agree with me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I said, and repeat again, if it was up to me, those behind this, who were not brave enough to show themselves but remain hidden, SHOULD BE KICKED OUT!

There lies the problem: you cannot eject those whose identities you know not. Big Grin

Posts: 1904 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What we have is an organization that seems to have outgrown itself...The only thing I hear is SCIs isles are getting thinner every year and that's apparent, and some of the treatment of some exhibitors has been sort of shoddy, but again that's the way of big organizations, all of which we have little to base our opinnions on..its a what the hell is going on with me! in that I have no idea, other than it is what it is! and my vote no longer exists, im retired.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
What we have is an organization that seems to have outgrown itself...The only thing I hear is SCIs isles are getting thinner every year and that's apparent, and some of the treatment of some exhibitors has been sort of shoddy, but again that's the way of big organizations, all of which we have little to base our opinnions on..its a what the hell is going on with me! in that I have no idea, other than it is what it is! and my vote no longer exists, im retired.

Ray,

The discussion here is in regard to DSC, not SCI.

These two organizations are as far apart as the proverbial chalk and cheese.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Ray is having a "Biden" moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, my "Save DSC" packet came in the mail today. Not a single name anywhere.
For those involved, if you don't like it, go somewhere else. Own up to who you are or go away.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
But this seems to be a little more than just some disgruntled members, sounds like they have been trying to work within the system for 2 year and have just been ignored, or pushed aside
After reading the post from Tx Gunney here is what I read as their concerns--- an ethic complaint against a PRESIDENT of DSC was ignored and/or results if any were manipulated---- when this group was collecting proxies DSC implied that SAVE DSC ballots were illegal,--- twice DSC did not provide them as required by law the same mailing list and all the information they used for their own proxy forms,--- No answer to conflict of interest or financial incentive received questions they have asked--- Membership gets no chance to nominate board or officer positions to be placed on the printed ballots— it seems the DSC governance is going to do all it can to stop this group from voting at the AGM or by proxy--- DSC governance is manipulating its own bylaws, its past precedent to benefit the outcome of this vote in their favor
SOMEONE DENY THESE ACCUSATIONS AND CONCERN ARE UNTRUE OR NOT VALID
Let’s see if the powers that be and the board really do allow these members a chance to be heard at the AGM or do they” throw them out” when they speak up. Both sides must act in a civil manner at the meeting agreed, but refusing to recognize them to speak, not counting their votes and proxies or having them expelled will tell the tale of where the truth lies

posted Hide Post
But it looks like Steve Miller (the attorney) in his letter was telling the truth.
HERE WAS THE POST ABOVE
I am the past president referred to in this point, the gentleman (term used loosely) was not on the ethics committee during my term, the bylaws require the new President to form an ethics committee and have that committee approved by the board.
Here is what the email said
Date Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:59 AM
As a follow up to our conversation last night and for the reasons discussed last night, this email will serve as notice that I have decided that your services as a member of the DSC Ethics Committee are no longer needed. I will notify the other members of the Ethics Committee and appoint a replacement very shortly.
Hard to fire someone from a committee that was not formed or approved yet.
Someone explain that !!!!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Ray is having a "Biden" moment.

jumping

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it looks like Steve Miller (the attorney) in his letter was telling the truth.
HERE WAS THE POST ABOVE
I am the past president referred to in this point, the gentleman (term used loosely) was not on the ethics committee during my term, the bylaws require the new President to form an ethics committee and have that committee approved by the board.
As a follow up to our conversation last night and for the reasons discussed last night, this email will serve as notice that I have decided that your services as a member of the DSC Ethics Committee are no longer needed. I will notify the other members of the Ethics Committee and appoint a replacement very shortly.

Yet these malcontents still haven't identified themselves. The guys who've been accused through innuendo, like Karl, have immediately stepped up and said "they are talking about me" with those accusations then given their side of the story. The "Save DSC" guys are still hiding in the shadows while those being accused are willing to have the light of truth shined on them for all to see.

That pretty much tells me all I need to know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
HERE WAS THE POST ABOVE

Yet these malcontents still haven't identified themselves. The guys who've been accused through innuendo, like Karl, have immediately stepped up and said "they are talking about me" with those accusations then given their side of the story. The "Save DSC" guys are still hiding in the shadows while those being accused are willing to have the light of truth shined on them for all to see.

That pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Bingo!

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m having trouble keeping up with all the new members who, through some kind of remarkable coincidence, discovered AR on the day this came to light. Roll Eyes

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote