Notify
Tools

Coup Attempt at DSC
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.R.Jackson:
Are the people behind this coup linked to SCI?

No idea.

But it seems they wish DSC to turn into a totally useless organizations as SCI is!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I’m almost thankful, as these documents helped get my fire going.

Marcus, based on the emails and calls I’ve received, you are not alone.

Karl,

I received my DSC letter with the few pages and voted, signed and returned mailed them back the day I received them.

I have not received the large mailing that I have read about with all the proposed changes. However, DSC is keeping me up to date by e-mail on what they are making public.

So question, is the mailing only going out to a select few members or is it a large scale mailing?

My thinking is that if it is only sent to some member and not others, that would make it very shady and questionable what ever the outcome.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1574 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So question, is the mailing only going out to a select few members or is it a large scale mailing?

My thinking is that if it is only sent to some member and not others, that would make it very shady and questionable what ever the outcome.

That's a good question, I did not receive one in the mail (understandable)but my wife did. Other members have told me that they didn't receive one but their wives did.Can't say what their thinking would be on that angle...too expensive to send to every voting member? Maybe think that the wives could influence their husbands? Who knows...So, I guess they only sent it to those that that thought might follow their line of thinking (they guessed wrong from what I'm hearing).

Karl Evans

Posts: 2744 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.R.Jackson:
Are the people behind this coup linked to SCI?

JR, some of them are "record book" types and surely members of SCI, but I seriously doubt there is any affiliation to SCI other than being members. Same with other groups like RMEF, Texas Bighorn Society, Weatherby and Shikar.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2744 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's a good question, I did not receive one in the mail (understandable)but my wife did. Other members have told me that they didn't receive one but their wives did.Can't say what their thinking would be on that angle...too expensive to send to every voting member? Maybe think that the wives could influence their husbands? Who knows...So, I guess they only sent it to those that that thought might follow their line of thinking (they guessed wrong from what I'm hearing).

I didn’t get one either , at least that I recall.

I do remember signing a proxy that I think was the real DSC documents. However , it was before I heard all of this. I hope I have not signed the wrong one.

Posts: 11957 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I read it - what I find intriguing is there is no real accusation of wrong doing.

It just states: We don't see X or they didn't do Y or they don't have Z; therefore, things must be bad.

That is the worst kinda bullsh*t there is.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10055 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
While SCI is a shit-wad group, DSC is wonderful and only good memories of them.
By not signing the document in quesiton here, the originator will be safe if it goes nowhere. If it takes off he will then come forward for credit. Either way, he's a cowardly POS and is probalby following this thread.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:

Wife and I both received a packet, but I don't think they both arrived the same day.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have now read the documents. The information portion is full of a lot of BS and half truths .

For a group who apparently wants DSC to be pure as the driven snow, they out to check out who they are in bed with. One was selling pirated videos at the show.

Posts: 11957 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have now read the documents. The information portion is full of a lot of BS and half truths .

For a group who apparently wants DSC to be pure as the driven snow, they out to check out who they are in bed with. One was selling pirated videos at the show.

It never fails!

Crooks always find their elk.

The management of DSC should sling this crook selling pirated videos out of the door - and ban him for good!

And if these zombies are known, name and shame them!

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

The management of DSC should sling this crook selling pirated videos out of the door - and ban him for good!

They really should have banned this person at time he was caught.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I am a life member and have attended DSC convention for 15 years. Members have come and gone. I have watched how many of the log time involved members are there every year to lead, work, and volunteer by example and give up of there time.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just going to listen to Karl. He is always honest and helpful. I trust him. I voted a regular ballot. The other seems disgruntled by not getting what they personally wanted. I have not seen it fail that the DSC is for the general good of the hunting industry, not for one persons butt hurt.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
I am genuinely humbled by your post, I, along with Rebecca and dozens of others, have gladly given thousands of hours and thousands of dollars over the years to make DSC the organization it is, one of the best hunting organizations on the planet. It pains me greatly that a few disgruntled members think that they can change the upward trajectory DSC is on. Thanks again.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just dogs nipping at the heels amigo. Yall keep going forward.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jerry,
I am genuinely humbled by your post, I, along with Rebecca and dozens of others, have gladly given thousands of hours and thousands of dollars over the years to make DSC the organization it is, one of the best hunting organizations on the planet. It pains me greatly that a few disgruntled members think that they can change the upward trajectory DSC is on. Thanks again.

Jerry really did put it best! It’s amazing what y’all do.

I started out with the original Young Professionals’ Group (now Conservation Group or something) and did some volunteer work like bag stuffing, manning the membership booth, etc. I have since become more involved with helping out with an outfitter during the convention.

I will say to all of you; the men and women that give everything to DSC have real jobs and lives. Most of us only see the 4 days in January, but there is so much more to what they do. The next time you see them, give them thanks, but them a drink, or something.

I wish I could contribute more. I will try to be at least a fraction of what Karl, Dr. Scott, Ricardo and many others that I don’t know their handle or even if they are on AR.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am absolutely, positively, convinced that those cowards who are demanding change without telling us who they are, are just a bunch of self serving idiots who want to turn DSC into a copy of SCI.

If they have something positive to suggest, why hide??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still fascinated by the fact that many of us, me included, never received the info.

I agree it is a 100% chicken s*&t move to not sign it.

Some of the things are half truths at best. Others are absolutely ridiculous. My personal favorite is the one about jet setting around the world and the members could be doing it.

These people clearly have no clue how much time is taken to go to these meeting, conferences and private meeting. I am pretty well connected in the hunting world. I would gladly have Karl go instead of me due to what he knows and who he knows. I know far more than most and He knows far more than me. That was a benefit to the members without a doubt. It is a total disruption of one's life. Yet, it is being represented as a major problem.

In the final analysis, none of this is good. It is not being handled the right way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I haven't been home for 10 days now, I never received this letter

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I find it very telling that Tx gunny threw up his one post as a new member, then disappeared..... thumbdown coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the information about 5-6 days ago.
Had a brief visit the Karl (e-mail) and blew it off.
Perhaps they (authors) are focused on locals. Have no idea.
I would like to scond what other have noted. What I have taken into account is selfless volunteer hours and contributions.
I was fairly active my first three years in the organization and work has taken much of that time in recent years.
I would look forward to more volunteer time as retirement is not far off.
I have never sensed any type of arrogance in the organization. A good group of active humble people. The type you like being around.
As stated selfless contributors.
EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari Specialty Importers
posted Hide Post
As is the case in many things, rumors and false information will travel around the world before the truth can get its pants on. If there are issues, the DSC Board will address them accordingly.

This situation is another clear example that we hunters can be our own worst enemies. Regardless if you are a member of DSC, SCI, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, etc, we all need to stand united as conservation minded hunters. There are far too many active groups that want to stop hunting as a whole for us to claw at each other’s throats and do their work for them. As Life members of all of these organizations, we see first hand the good that each does in the struggle to maintain hunting rights, and continue education and conservation work. Let us all assist where we can so that everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Posts: 192 | Location: New York | Registered: 25 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am still fascinated by the fact that many of us, me included, never received the info.

Some of the things are half truths at best. Others are absolutely ridiculous. My personal favorite is the one about jet setting around the world and the members could be doing it.

These people clearly have no clue how much time is taken to go to these meeting, conferences and private meeting. I am pretty well connected in the hunting world. I would gladly have Karl go instead of me due to what he knows and who he knows. I know far more than most and He knows far more than me. That was a benefit to the members without a doubt. It is a total disruption of one's life. Yet, it is being represented as a major problem.

In the final analysis, none of this is good. It is not being handled the right way.

I wonder if it just went to life members in Texas, because I never received it either. I did receive the legitimate one from DSC.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

I wonder if it just went to life members in Texas, because I never received it either. I did receive the legitimate one from DSC.

I know of 2 in TX that did not get the packets. It seems to me that failure to send to all makes it more likely that their attempt will fail. Fewer opportunities to get the votes needed.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:

Believe it or not, I’m not a life member. I easily could be, but I see my annual dues payments continue to contribute instead of a one time payment.

My father received the packet about 3 days prior to me and we live about 3/4 of a mile apart.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Three life members get their DSC mail at my PO Box in Gainesville, Texas—me, my wife Kristie, and Nigel Theisen. None of us received the “alternative plan package.” So add 2 more Texans to the did not receive list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36546 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn’t get one either , at least that I recall.

I do remember signing a proxy that I think was the real DSC documents. However , it was before I heard all of this. I hope I have not signed the wrong one.

Same for me Karl.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Please see the below from a distinguished Dallas lawyer:

Subject: Re: DSC annual meeting ( ? Voter suppresion ) Please read all of the item below

Ladies and gentlemen:

Up until now I have stayed on the sidelines since the Ethics complaint I filed against the interim DSC ED and a lawyer that had performed paid legal services for DSC. Perhaps a little refresher on the recent history is in order. I preface what follows with the fact that I was the only representative of DEF to serve on the Long Range Planning Committee appointed by the DSC Board to come up with a ten-year business plan for DSC, including a completely revised Mission statement. Those that served on this committee for almost one year put in hundreds of hours of volunteer time and attended a multitude of meetings-I did not miss a single one as I recall. At the very end of that process, it became clear that a separate group of DSC Officers and Directors were working behind the scene to orchestrate a takeover of DEF. Shortly after my term as President of the DEF Board of Trustees ended and Abe Nayfa succeeded me, the DEF BOT received a written demand from DSC President Karl Evans that its Trustees resign immediately.

DEF hired the incoming President of the Dallas Bar Association, a legal specialist in non-profit organizations, to study the governing and organizational documents of both DSC and DEF as well as applicable law under the Texas Business Organizations Code to advise what action DEF needed to take. In summary, the demand from DSC was unlawful under State law and that demand was refused. Almost immediately, the vindictive, purposeful retaliation from DSC Officers and Directors began. In no particular order, it included:
1. A limitation on live auction items at the DSC Convention evening events the proceeds from which would go directly to DEF;
2. The elimination of the opportunity to put DEF donation pledge cards on the tables at evening events at the convention;
3. A prohibition to solicit donations from any DSC Exhibiter;
4. A prohibition disallowing Scot McClure to ask for support from the stage at the convention during the ceremony announcing the Outdoor Education Teacher of the Year;
5. A prohibition disallowing DEF prominent placement on the convention floor to promote its mission and education program;
6. The cessation of joint payment by DSC and DEF of Scot McClure's salary and the cost of the DEF vehicle maintenance;
7. The eviction of Scot McClure from the DSC Office building, including the seizure of all DEF office equipment, including its computer.
8. The cessation of the opportunity to give monthly meeting DSC attendees updates about DEF and its school expansion progress.

Fortunately, a past DSC President generously donated office space at his building for Scot McClure to be able to continue to operate. That generous donation went on for over a year until a suitable, affordable alternative could be found. In the meantime Officers and Directors of the DSC Board were telling select DEF Trustees and supporters that DEF would fall flat on its face and eventually capitulate. Naturally, these naysayers were confident that the DSC membership would never hear what was going on because the DSC Board had voted several years earlier to halt publication of a membership directory under the rationale that there was growing concern over retaliation from anti-hunting hate groups. When added to the fact that existing DSC Bylaws provided that any member who sued DSC would be terminated from DSC, the group behind the intimidation seemed unstoppable.

With the realization that DEF needed to look elsewhere for financial and moral support, the organization was renamed Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation, its By-Laws were rewritten, and the result was an explosion of support from a wide variety of conservation organizations and exponential expansion into additional schools and states across the country. Unfortunately, the retaliation against OTF is ongoing. (Refer to Numbers 1,2,3,4,5 and 8) In addition, although Education is one-third of DSC's stated purpose, OTF was given a paltry sum of $100,000.00 or so in the last twelve months despite a DSC balance sheet that purports to show $17,000,000.00 in cash. (Sidebar-why has their never been a full and complete independent audit of DSC's books?)

Moving on, two years ago while the same person who delivered the demand letter to Abe Nayfa was serving as interim DSC ED, the club via mail, received a Federal Request from US Attorneys operating in the Southern District of Colorado for any trophy records or awards given by DSC to Paul Ross Jackson. Mr. Jackson was a VP(officer) sitting on the DSC Board at the time. Legal advice was sought from Richard Cheatham. I now refer to Rule 1.12 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct that governs the duties of a lawyer that represents an Organization as a Client:

(a) A lawyer employed or retained by an organization represents the entity....(b)A lawyer representing an organization must take reasonable remedial actions whenever the lawyer learns or knows that:
(1) an officer, employee, or other person associated with the organization has committed ....a violation of law which reasonably might be imputed to the organization, (2) the violation is likely to result in substantial injury to the organization, and (3) the violation is related to a matter within the scope of the lawyer's representation of the organization.

Based on a two sentence email to Mr. Evans from Mr. Cheatham, neither decided to inform the Board of DSC, neither asked Mr. Jackson to step to the sidelines for the time being and neither decided to inform the other members of the DSC Nominating Committee (Mr. Evans was on that committee). The others were Allen Moore as Chair, Tori Nayfa, Craig Nyhus and Paul Ross Jackson, the target of the Federal investigation of elephant poaching in Zimbabwe. In a series of incredibly reprehensible events, Mr. Jackson was allowed to continue to serve, was placed on the DSC ballot as a nominee for a three-year Director's term and was elected by a vote of ballots cast by DSC members. Almost immediately thereafter, Jackson was convicted in Federal Court and it was announced to the news media. My ethics complaints were heard by a Committee manipulated by Mr. Evans after he dismissed Bob Harper from it and DSC did nothing to correct that. The news, without assistance, spread quickly throughout political circles in Washington and across the continent of Africa. The Club issued a Press Release that disavowed knowledge of what Mr. Jackson had done before the conviction was announced-a statement that was a bold-faced lie. Jackson was removed from the Board and his memberhsip was terminated but the damage had already been done and the Club moved to suppress it quickly.

I engaged Past DSC Presidents to get involved and a record number of them began to attend DSC Board meetings seeking answers. At one meeting, as many as twelve or so attended. However, they were not allowed to speak. To prevent further disclosure outside the Board in the future of any other misdealings by DSC Officers and Board members, the same attorneys who orchestrated the lack of consequences for my ethics complaints, drafted (among others) two significant By-Laws changes: No DSC member, not even a Past President, would be allowed to attend a DSC Board meeting without an invitation, and anyone criticizing DSC would be subject to be expelled as a member, a clear violation of the First Amendment. I failed to mention before those changes were passed, several members were being kicked out of Board meetings, including myself.

An effort was made last year at the annual DSC business meeting to elect a slate of three Directors that were keen on restoring dignity and ethics to the DSC Board, but the effort failed for lack of access to membership information. DSC tried to further limit proxy votes by setting an arbitrary deadline for votes to count at 2:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting. When I showed up that evening at the business meeting with a dozen proxies, most from Past DSC Presidents, several Board members informed me that those votes would not be counted. Since the 2:00 p.m. deadline was not voted on by the Board or provided for in the DSC By-Laws, I told those Board members that I would sue them individually if the proxies were not counted. I truthfully do not know if they were included or not but ED Corey Mason assured me they would count and I have no reason to disbelieve that he kept his word.

The governance of DSC over the last several years by its Officers and Directors is shameful and irresponsible. They have allowed bullying of members, including Convention Chairs and Presidents-Elect who vowed to make changes. They have allowed the co-owner of a business with whom they have a substantial contract to sit on the Board. They have allowed a member who has served as VP of a Chapter of a competing organization and an elected Director of that organization to sit on the Board. They have allowed a member who shot animals on another's license in a foreign country (according to USFW) and got caught by USFW bringing them into the US to sit on the Board. They were presented a Conflict of Interest Policy that would correct some of these issues, but tabled it, and never brought it up again or passed it. They have participated in a myriad of Board meetings where limited financial documents relating to the very organization they have a duty to manage ethically and responsibly are passed out at the meeting, and then turned back in afterwards, without even blinking. And the list goes on and on.

Not a single one of you would allow this to go on in your own companies or businesses. I am appalled that a lawyer sitting on the DSC Board hasn't spoken up. And now you question why the membership, once informed, demands immediate consequences and changes? Where was your offer to sit down and discuss this the last several years while this was going on and you did or said nothing to stop it. One Board member did and he was removed from all of his committees and kicked to the curb. Two of the last three Presidents Elect had the guts to say "No Thanks" DSC-I'm out if this is the way you intend to manage this organization. Oh, and I almost forgot, several prominent members offered to sit down and discuss this and what changes were made as a result. And then finally, if it weren't bad enough that you have wasted thousands of dollars of money that rightfully belongs to all of the members of DSC on lawyers hired to make the members who care go away or give up, you're spending more money on extra security for the next business meeting to make sure no one who objects to this reprehensible behavior can speak out about it.

It's those who care the most about what has happened to DSC that are vocal about it. I can assure you that if the goal here was to embarrass or damage DSC, this nightmare would have already been shared with every news outlet willing to listen. You want to talk. I have a better idea. Put what you plan to do in writing, ask every Board member and Officer to sign it, and then let's talk.

Stephen H. Miller
Attorney at Law
704 E. 15th Street, Suite 203
Plano, TX 75074
(972) 578-7097 office; (972) 578-9677 fax
Email address: stevemlr@flash.net
Website: www.bestdefensetx.com AV rated -- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510 et seq., and is legally privileged. The information contained in this email is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and directed--not necessarily to whom it was sent. This electronic mail message contains information from the law firm of Stephen H. Miller and may be privileged, confidential, and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. To the extent that anything contained herein is privileged, you are notified that Stephen H. Miller has disclosed such inadvertently and should not be construed to be a voluntary disclosure. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please contact me immediately by telephone at (972) 578-7097 and then fully delete this message from your computer system and any hard copies you may have. Thank you.

More to come:

Posts: 5 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 February 2020Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Any DSC Member that hasn't received a ballot from Save DSC can request one at savedallassafariclub@gmail.com and if your mane is on the list that we were provided we will get you a package.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know attorney Miller, but it seems everyone he knows is "prominent."

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Save DSC sent their Ballots to those on the mailing list that was provided to Save DSC by Dallas Safari Club and was represented by them to be the Dallas Safari Club voting members.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Te...cfm&ContactID=179520

Find a Lawyer
← Back to Search Results

MR. STEPHEN H. 'STEVE' MILLER
Eligible to Practice in Texas
Bar Card Number: 14114500
TX License Date: 11/12/1979

Primary Practice Location: Plano , Texas

704 E 15th St Ste 203
Plano, TX 75074-5712

Practice Areas: Criminal, Juvenile

Statutory Profile Last Certified On: 12/22/2019

CONTACT INFORMATION
Tel: 972-578-7097
COURTS OF ADMITTANCE
Federal:
None Reported By Attorney

Other Courts:

Other States Licensed:

Please note: This information is self-reported by
Texas attorneys. Current license or admittance
status can only be certified by the appropriate
court or licensing entity.

PRACTICE INFORMATION
Firm: None Reported By Attorney

Firm Size: Solo

Practice Areas: Criminal, Juvenile

Services Provided:
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Translation: Not Specified
ADA-accessible client service: Yes
Language translation: Not Specified

Fee Options Provided:

Please note: Not all payment options are available for all cases, and any payment arrangement must be agreed upon by the attorney and his/her client. The State Bar of Texas is not responsible for payment arrangements between an attorney and his/her client.

Foreign Language Assistance:

LAW SCHOOL
School
Degree earned Graduation Date
Southern Methodist University
05/1979
PUBLIC DISCIPLINARY HISTORY
State of Texas
No Public Disciplinary History

Other States

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
DEF became OTF in 2017
https://www.theoutdoorwire.com...480980769m4v8a5vhpqr

DSCF is listed on OTF's site as a supporting partner
https://www.gootf.com/faqs/def-oa-partners/

Friendly article in Camp Talk (pg 18)
https://www.biggame.org/wp-con...k-Oct-2019-Web-1.pdf

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxGunny:
Any DSC Member that hasn't received a ballot from Save DSC can request one at savedallassafariclub@gmail.com and if your mane is on the list that we were provided we will get you a package.

Please send one to:

SCI Ethics Committee.

You and them both have the same level of ETHICS!

In fact, why don't you all just go join SCI.

That seems to be an organization more akin to your way of thinking.

Leave the people running DSC to run it the way they have been.

From what we see they are doing a grand job, and certainly need no help from people like you lot.

By the way, can you post all the names of those behind SAVE DSC here?

Why hide?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on Saeed, tell them how you really feel! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Too many people in this world waste everyone’s time proposing stupid solutions to non-existent problems.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if any of the allegations in the letter are true or not. But I do know that OTF is creating the next generation of outdoors men and women and without those hunting and fishing is doomed. And that OTF needs support.

If true that OTF is not allowed any longer to solicit at the DSC convention, I find that disappointing.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
I have no idea if any of the allegations in the letter are true or not. But I do know that OTF is creating the next generation of outdoors men and women and without those hunting and fishing is doomed. And that OTF needs support.

If true that OTF is not allowed any longer to solicit at the DSC convention, I find that disappointing.

Who or what is OTF?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe it to be the Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
So basically OTF wants to use DSC for their own benefits??