Notify
Tools

The "Green Mile" Video is Out
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Now the "nutters at SCI" are beheading people etc.!

WOW! Ed, have you really lowered yourself to this level?

Is SCI so important to you, that your senses have taken leave from you?

I have never put any of the idiots we have here on ignore.

May be I should start?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Die Ou Jagter

Having a bad day ? or just a 1 class aashole !!respec is somthing you miss 110% thumbdown

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having a bad day ? or just a 1 class asshole !!

Donner:

Take it in your stride - some people are simply born that way, letting the hole do all the talking without giving the mouth a chance. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, why castigate me when it was Saeed who brought the beheading to the board when he quoted Jens re Syria. It may be he that is having a bad day or is a 1 class etc.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
The issue with Green Mile Safaris has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with individual cretans posing as hunters. To infer otherwise is the acme of stupidity.

Saeed has generously created a forum for us to exchange thoughts, opinions, and information on a range of hunter-related subjects. In so doing, we have a responsibility to maintain a modicum of civility and decency in our posts, a responsibility not only to Saeed and ourselves, but to those who may look to these pages for insights into our sport and hunters in general. Far from being informative or helpful, characterizations like Ed's fail in that respect, and bring disrepute to our ranks.

Elie Wiesel said it better than I could, “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.”

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
The issue with Green Mile Safaris has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with individual cretans posing as hunters. To infer otherwise is the acme of stupidity.

Saeed has generously created a forum for us to exchange thoughts, opinions, and information on a range of hunter-related subjects. In so doing, we have a responsibility to maintain a modicum of civility and decency in our posts, a responsibility not only to Saeed and ourselves, but to those who may look to these pages for insights into our sport and hunters in general. Far from being informative or helpful, characterizations like Ed's fail in that respect, and bring disrepute to our ranks.

Elie Wiesel said it better than I could, “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.”

tu2

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9562 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lin Stanton
posted Hide Post
What a shame these guys are not hunters!!!!

Lin Stanton
Email: lindon@mbalabalasafaris.com
www.mbalabalasafaris.com

Posts: 134 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...there are a longer version of that Video...
Did someone have the link?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

tu2

+2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Getting back to the original story....... I did some questioning and got this today.
Jason Roussos, the Vice-President of the African Professional Hunters Association, confirms that the APHA has found that Michel Mantheakis was not involved with any of the atrocities carried out by Green Mile Safaris. What Bwanamitch states is accurate. Michel was simply in the wrong place for the right reasons. Jason goes on to say.....

"....Michel acted completely in line with what we would expect of an APHA member. He left the camp immediately, made a complaint to the proper authorities, and severed all ties with Green Mile Safaris. Michel is an outstanding PH and the African Professional Hunters Association stands behind him 100%. The APHA is currently in the process of two press releases. The first is to officially clear Michel of all accusations that have been made against him, and second is to urge all African hunting associations and governmental wildlife authorities to prevent these criminals from “hunting” in African again. It will be a great battle as the owner is a multi-billionaire from UAE, however, the APHA is determined to stand up for ethical sport hunting and will use all our resources to try and prevent these kind of hunting atrocities.”

Unquote.

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Elliott:
Getting back to the original story....... I did some questioning and got this today.
Jason Roussos, the Vice-President of the African Professional Hunters Association, confirms that the APHA has found that Michel Mantheakis was not involved with any of the atrocities carried out by Green Mile Safaris. What Bwanamitch states is accurate. Michel was simply in the wrong place for the right reasons. Jason goes on to say.....

"....Michel acted completely in line with what we would expect of an APHA member. He left the camp immediately, made a complaint to the proper authorities, and severed all ties with Green Mile Safaris. Michel is an outstanding PH and the African Professional Hunters Association stands behind him 100%. The APHA is currently in the process of two press releases. The first is to officially clear Michel of all accusations that have been made against him, and second is to urge all African hunting associations and governmental wildlife authorities to prevent these criminals from “hunting” in African again. It will be a great battle as the owner is a multi-billionaire from UAE, however, the APHA is determined to stand up for ethical sport hunting and will use all our resources to try and prevent these kind of hunting atrocities.”

Unquote.

Rich,

Sounds like he did exactly the right thing on all accounts.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9562 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone has a link to the complete video?

I will be happy to make copies and pass it along to people who might be able to do something about this happening again.

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:
Originally posted by TANZ-PH:
These people are bastards! Especially sickening to me is the tormenting harassment of the very young frightened animals! How pathetic! They are not hunters!

Did you guys notice what horrible shots these sadistic idiots were? Most game was shot in the ass; and the one guy even needs sticks to finish off a zebra at 10 yards! Nothing was shot cleanly. They killed more with the knife, then the gun.

I hope the whole lot of these bastards never show their ugly faces in Tanzania again!

Did you read the antis comments at the bottom? Things like "Trophy hunting must be banned".

I had email Press Release from TPHA yesterday condemning Green Miles, and congratulating The Minister of Resources & Tourism for actions taken against Green Miles.

I know for fact when I was on my first hunting in SA I was asked to wound animals so a Group of muslims could perform their Halal. This was refused and they accepted a headshot which I did.

Looking at this video resembles how the muslims are treating other muslims in Syria, Irak etc. Man or beast makes no difference for these guys.

Jens,

Please let us not go down that route.

I am a Muslim, as well as many hundreds of millions in the world.

And I can assure you we are all disgusted with this sort of behavior.

One does not to follow certain God or be of certain nationality to be a sub-human.

So is my sister in law; we just had their kids over for a weekend a few weeks ago. I love them to death.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

We have the infamous political forum for all kinds of uncivil rants.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. These people would have acted this way no matter what the religion. Their behavior is truly shocking.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I honestly do not have any idea why we seem to make collective blame on a country, race, religion or color for something that has been done by common criminals.

And as we all know, no race, country, or religion has any monopoly on these!

In fact, if any of us go back in our own family tree I am certain we will discover certain characters in our lineage we would rather no have.

Let us put the blame where it belongs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone has a link to the complete video?

I will be happy to make copies and pass it along to people who might be able to do something about this happening again.

Saeed, I believe that DSC may have a complete copy as they appear to have sent one to the Minister in Tanzania?? Anyone from DSC leadership that can help with this?

The local press have reported that the owner is Abdalla (or Abdullah?) Bin Butti Al Hamed who if goggled is the Under Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Abu Dhabi/U.A.E.??

His FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages...Alhamed/227092894295 shows similar images as depicted in the video.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I honestly do not have any idea why we seem to make collective blame on a country, race, religion or color for something that has been done by common criminals.

And as we all know, no race, country, or religion has any monopoly on these!

Let us put the blame where it belongs.

Agree! tu2 This is a small group of individuals behaving very badly!

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a retired conservation officer in the US, I can tell you that I have seen just as bad and sometimes worse behavior from, ranchers, school teachers, accountants to name a few. I doubt any of them were Muslim.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote