Find
Notify
Tools

The "Green Mile" Video is Out
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, let me be very blunt.

I have never met a Muslim on Safari that had any idea what Islam is.

And I suspect the same goes for those who follow other religions.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Well, let me be very blunt.

I have never met a Muslim on Safari that had any idea what Islam is.

And I suspect the same goes for those who follow other religions.

Saeed

you are correct--there are idiots from everywhere, no place or religion has a corner on that market.

I truthfully have no idea what religion would have to do with any of their antics.

Ask me sometime what I have seen happen with both spiritualists and Catholics among native americans (Indios) over here.

before anyone goes of I am a practicing catholic, that doesn't make me blind.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TANZ-PH:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Andersen:
To me it appeared that they purposefully wounded the animals so that they could halal them. I'm not sure of the precise requirements for halal meat but mustn't one bleed it out to kill it?

Well it could be....But I doubt that. I think these guys are just piss poor, lousy shots!

My trackers need to Halal game from time to time (so they can eat). I have no problem with it of course, and usually hand them my sharp knife to do it. But they do it a lot differently, and with a great deal more respect! Usually when the animal is really down for the count & drawing its very last breath.

To video tape it is in very poor taste & judgment. It gives all hunting, and especially Tanzania hunting a big black eye!

We only had one game scout wanted me to shoot him an impala for rations, as they are allowed. Hi excuse was that he needs it to be hala.

This is coming from a man who knows as much about Islam as I do about flying to the bloody moon!

I explained to him that as long as the shooter, says Bismelah as he shoots, everything is halal.

He never mentioned it again.

Saaed,
I have a muslim friend and some years ago he wanted to buy animals from my game enclosure for food. He asked his Iman about me shooting the animals he wanted to eat. The answer from the Iman was that hunting is halal regardless of the shooters religion.

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-A Åhlén:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Andersen:
To me it appeared that they purposefully wounded the animals so that they could halal them. I'm not sure of the precise requirements for halal meat but mustn't one bleed it out to kill it?

Well it could be....But I doubt that. I think these guys are just piss poor, lousy shots!

My trackers need to Halal game from time to time (so they can eat). I have no problem with it of course, and usually hand them my sharp knife to do it. But they do it a lot differently, and with a great deal more respect! Usually when the animal is really down for the count & drawing its very last breath.

To video tape it is in very poor taste & judgment. It gives all hunting, and especially Tanzania hunting a big black eye!

We only had one game scout wanted me to shoot him an impala for rations, as they are allowed. Hi excuse was that he needs it to be hala.

This is coming from a man who knows as much about Islam as I do about flying to the bloody moon!

I explained to him that as long as the shooter, says Bismelah as he shoots, everything is halal.

He never mentioned it again.

Saaed,
I have a muslim friend and some years ago he wanted to buy animals from my game enclosure for food. He asked his Iman about me shooting the animals he wanted to eat. The answer from the Iman was that hunting is halal regardless of the shooters religion.

Good thing his imam was a decent sort of chap, and lives in real life.

Rather than one of those deranged idiots who wrongly think they get instructions directly from God.

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Who was the guy who caught the warthog? I though muslims would not touch a pig. May be he was one of PHs or staff??

Who are these guys? It must be easy to name them publicly.

What has the Tanznian govt done about them apart from cancelling the concessions (really only affects the outfitter)??

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
6,200 views so far and the majority of the comments bash on "Islam/Arabs" and aren't mentioning "sport hunting".

This one was interesting....

"I'd consider this better then a halal meat factory's. Better to take wild game then have farm raised meat, at least the animal had a chance to live a life other then being cooped up in an extremely small pen and fed corn. Weather its wild game or farm raised meat though, they need to stop trying to please an imaginary floating sky daddy and be a bit more humane. They processed the game though and intend on consuming it, so at least there's that... Life feeds on life."

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1/2 slam:
Makes me want to puke

I just did.

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted Hide Post
I really don't care who or what they are, but I now know what it feels like to want to kill those human beings, if anyone would care to call them that, after watching this. I stopped it after I had enough.

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
6,200 views so far and the majority of the comments bash on "Islam/Arabs" and aren't mentioning "sport hunting".

This one was interesting....

"I'd consider this better then a halal meat factory's. Better to take wild game then have farm raised meat, at least the animal had a chance to live a life other then being cooped up in an extremely small pen and fed corn. Weather its wild game or farm raised meat though, they need to stop trying to please an imaginary floating sky daddy and be a bit more humane. They processed the game though and intend on consuming it, so at least there's that... Life feeds on life."

It was at 2300 and change when I Posted it here.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9563 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Seeing this video made me sick. I wish some of those animals would've gored them. I know it sounds like some of the anti-hunters that posted on Kendall Jones', Ivan Carter's, Aaron Nielson's, etc. Facebook pages, but that was utterly disgusting. I was cheering for that eland to exact revenge.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Seeing this video made me sick. I wish some of those animals would've gored them. I know it sounds like some of the anti-hunters that posted on Kendall Jones', Ivan Carter's, Aaron Nielson's, etc. Facebook pages, but that was utterly disgusting. I was cheering for that eland to exact revenge.

Exactly what I thought at that point, that and wishing it was a sable.

Really want to be sick? As I understand it the PH in the video at about 2:05 to 2:15 is still hunting.

Posts: 9563 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I'd go back to see that MFer just in case I might see him at one of the shows, but don't think I can reload the video.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, even me (right after seeing that utterly disgusting video---and I don't wish to see it again) called them bastards & idiots. But comments like those just proves: that REAL hunters like us are not the "Heartless, bloodthirsty murderers" that the Antis think we are, are always try to portray us as.

You can read more about this slimy gang on the internet. Supposedly they are accused of doing many things.

The most gut-wrenching though, was the rough treatment of the very young animals. That scared little zebra foal and the boot to the face of the tiny warthog! There was no reason for shit like that except for this evil Gangs pure sadistic pleasure & enjoyment!!

If we are starting to sound a bit like the "Antis"...well, so be it. After all, We are human beings with hearts, aren't we? And that's how a true hunter & conservationist should be.

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That video was disgusting.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I will say I've had a few sad kills. One being a pregnant sow across a field. I had no idea she was pregnant, but the land owner wanted pigs gone. She "ejected" her litter upon being shot. It bothered me, but he wanted pigs gone. He said it was good. I was somewhat ok with that.

Still, the Green Mile people crossed too many lines in my book.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like all Arabs just disgraceful. Sort of like SCI, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Just like all Arabs just disgraceful. Sort of like SCI, eh.

I don't know about that Ed.

Just because we have a few bad Arabs, they cannot be compared with the systematic abuse SCI bigwigs have been doing for years.

Bloody hell, even one of their own came here to cry "look what they did to me"! clap

posted Hide Post
I'd hate to see the 'outtakes' reel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana4711:
I'd hate to see the 'outtakes' reel.

That would be the one-shot kills not made from a moving vehicle. What a travesty! How does the PH behind this manage to keep his license?

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed the point was a few bad apples in SCI and you are crucifying the whole.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed the point was a few bad apples in SCI and you are crucifying the whole.

Ed,

That is not strictly true.

SCI management has had a terrible history of screwing things up.

One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
This is Pathetic, Disgraceful, & gives ALL of Hunting a Black Eye.
Since there is a Video, can these people be Identified, Tracked Down & Prosecuted ?

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know a PH named Michel Mantheakis? Is that him in the video at 2:05-2:15?

That's the best image of him I could find, the next best is also with Craig. Sure looks like the guy in the video, but I could be wrong.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just like all Arabs just disgraceful. Sort of like SCI,

A generic statement crucifying all Arabs when criticism regarding SCI has always been directed at a group of people; hardly "a few bad apples" but more likely a truckload - NOT the entire membership.

Some people love twisting words!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Just like all Arabs just disgraceful. Sort of like SCI,

A generic statement crucifying all Arabs when criticism regarding SCI has always been directed at a group of people; hardly "a few bad apples" but more likely a truckload - NOT the entire membership.

Some people love twisting words!

Twisting words have always been an SCI trait, and their sheeple just follow blindly! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes that is Michel Mantheakis at the beginning of the video. He happened to be at Green Mile camp when the hunting group arrived on invitation by the Green Mile owner who was hoping for his business - in 2012, Michel Mantheakis did not have any concessions of his own, having sold his hunting business to Harpreet and another operator.

It is my understanding from a reliable source that MM was not the Ph listed on the couple of hunting permits issued to that crowd.

Having seen what was going on, MM insisted he be flown out immeadiately - I think that was on day 2 or 3 of the safari?

The one other PH seen in the video who was the official PH is Paul Horsley. The son of the owner of Green Mile was also there and can be seen in the video but I am not aware if he is a licensed PH.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
Yes that is Michel Mantheakis at the beginning of the video. He happened to be at Green Mile camp when the hunting group arrived on invitation by the Green Mile owner who was hoping for his business - in 2012, Michel Mantheakis did not have any concessions of his own, having sold his hunting business to Harpreet and another operator.

It is my understanding from a reliable source that MM was not the Ph listed on the couple of hunting permits issued to that crowd.

Having seen what was going on, MM insisted he be flown out immeadiately - I think that was on day 2 or 3 of the safari?

The one other PH seen in the video who was the official PH is Paul Horsley. The son of the owner of Green Mile was also there and can be seen in the video but I am not aware if he is a licensed PH.

Thank you Mitch, appreciate you clearing this up, as I have only heard good things about Michel before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These people are bastards! Especially sickening to me is the tormenting harassment of the very young frightened animals! How pathetic! They are not hunters!

Did you guys notice what horrible shots these sadistic idiots were? Most game was shot in the ass; and the one guy even needs sticks to finish off a zebra at 10 yards! Nothing was shot cleanly. They killed more with the knife, then the gun.

I hope the whole lot of these bastards never show their ugly faces in Tanzania again!

Did you read the antis comments at the bottom? Things like "Trophy hunting must be banned".

I had email Press Release from TPHA yesterday condemning Green Miles, and congratulating The Minister of Resources & Tourism for actions taken against Green Miles.

I know for fact when I was on my first hunting in SA I was asked to wound animals so a Group of muslims could perform their Halal. This was refused and they accepted a headshot which I did.

Looking at this video resembles how the muslims are treating other muslims in Syria, Irak etc. Man or beast makes no difference for these guys.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:
These people are bastards! Especially sickening to me is the tormenting harassment of the very young frightened animals! How pathetic! They are not hunters!

Did you guys notice what horrible shots these sadistic idiots were? Most game was shot in the ass; and the one guy even needs sticks to finish off a zebra at 10 yards! Nothing was shot cleanly. They killed more with the knife, then the gun.

I hope the whole lot of these bastards never show their ugly faces in Tanzania again!

Did you read the antis comments at the bottom? Things like "Trophy hunting must be banned".

I had email Press Release from TPHA yesterday condemning Green Miles, and congratulating The Minister of Resources & Tourism for actions taken against Green Miles.

I know for fact when I was on my first hunting in SA I was asked to wound animals so a Group of muslims could perform their Halal. This was refused and they accepted a headshot which I did.

Looking at this video resembles how the muslims are treating other muslims in Syria, Irak etc. Man or beast makes no difference for these guys.

Jens,

Please let us not go down that route.

I am a Muslim, as well as many hundreds of millions in the world.

And I can assure you we are all disgusted with this sort of behavior.

One does not to follow certain God or be of certain nationality to be a sub-human.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, "We are all disgusted with this sort of behavior", must not be so or it wouldn't be happening. No one in the Muslim world does anything to resolve the problems.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, "We are all disgusted with this sort of behavior", must not be so or it wouldn't be happening. No one in the Muslim world does anything to resolve the problems.

I suppose we should appoint the nutters at SCI to run the world now, do we?

No matter how bad these idiots behavior has been, certain big guys at SCI have done worse - all for the cause of the ME ME ME crowd.

Who have absolutely no sense of what hunting is, but to go9lrify themselves.

Isn't this what most of SCI's efforts are concerned about?

All one has to do is just look at their magazine and newspaper - especially the blackmail edition for the show.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now the "nutters at SCI" are beheading people etc.!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The real funny (scary) thing is: This company actually thought & believed this was a great video...and could use to promote their "hunts" ?????? They seem quite proud of it. Eeker

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
I don´t believe any religion is to be blamed for the awful behavior in the video, the fact a few do some cruel stuff is not a reason to blame the whole majority.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
And it is now also on the FB not good at all!!Religion have nothing With this case to do !!!stupid People will you find anywhere but these are in the top deparment thumbdown

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the clarification. Talk about wrong place/wrong time.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
My crystal ball tells me there's also a longer version out there........ how anyone, of any race, colour or creed can behave in such an appalling way simply astounds me and why on God's green earth they should feel they need to publish such dreadful behaviour simply beggars belief.

IMO all involved in that behaviour especially the PH(s) deserves a very long spell in a Tanzanian jail but I'll bet not one of 'em will serve so much as a single day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally watched the video to the end and then searched the Green Mile Safari Co and low and behold it is not a Tanz company but a UAE company.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bwanamich,

In addition to unassing the AO as quickly as possible, which I think most here would agree was the right thing to do, did he also report what he saw to the proper authorities?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jef,

That I am not sure off but if he did, i would think that was done at lower levels of authorities, eg the local warden rather than to the Director of Wildlife.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote