New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Blair/Another AZ Writer brawl...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
AAW ends every post here with his diatribe against Blair Hunting. Has for years.

Has anyone but me ever been curious about this?

I was at SCI this week, and walked past their booth. I jut had to know, so I spent about ten minutes with Sean Blair (son).

Turns out, Blair Hunting Worldwide is a brokerage firm. They deal with actual guides/outfitters to book hunts for potential hunters.

Several years ago, they booked several hunts for clients with an outfitter in AZ. They took deposits, booked the hunts, and sent the money (they got from clients) to this outfitter. Had signed contracts with the clients and the outfitter. About twenty clients. The guide just absconded with the money. Blair did not get a dime.

The entire mess was thoroughly investigated by the legal authorities in AZ, as well as F&G. The Blairs and their company were exonerated of any wrongdoing or culpability in the dealings.

Another Arizona Writer is apparently still carrying a grudge, but has not taken two minutes to visit Kingman, where the outfitter currently resides.

That's the party I want to deal with.

Anyone interested can contact Blair Hunting Worldwide and get all of the gory details.

A sad story, to be sure...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rich, you mean there are two sides to the story?

Eeker

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16418 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you guys think that Blair has ZERO responsibility for the theft? He IS in the business to make money, he's not just an innocent bystander. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he took a client's money as part of a business transaction and when HIS PH walked away with it, he told the client "Sorry Buddy you're out of luck."

Doesn't he have insurance for this type of incident which is essentially a theft?

Did he just wash his hands of it and blame the guide?

Why should the client have to "Go to Kingman" to talk to Blair...are you kidding me?

Where the ultimate responsibility lies is up for grabs but in my opinion it's DEFINITELY NOT the clients fault!

I would be totally pissed-off and would be paying one of players a visit, but it wouldn't be to talk about it.

This really stinks and I would never use Blair's after reading the post.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You read at about a 4th grade comprehension level.

1. The outfitter lived in Kingman. That is the party who has the client's money. He admitted it in court.

2. Blair got the checks, and paid most of the deposit amount to the outfitter.

3. The client opted not to sue the outfitter for his stolen money. He fails to mention that. READ: He did not take the outfitter to court as both of us would have to get our money back.

4. The outfitter was one of dozens they have used. This is the only complaint.

I fail to understand how posting Blair's side puts me at risk.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always been respectful to you ISS...I even defended you several times...now I understand why people fuck with you.

Its amazing how you cannot post a response without being an asshole.

Have a good night.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BS, how would Blair stay in business if he did not "keep a dime"? You can bet your ass his fee came right off the top.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ISS:

You act like this a lone vendetta between me and Blair; several of us have similar signature lines.

You are either naive, stupid, don't read well, or are lying (wouldn't be the first time, remember the story about all the 350pt elk you shot?). Blair is like any other outfitter - when you send in a deposit, the outfitter takes his cut first. But even if they didn't, Blair admitted publicly on AR that in the case of the Heathington sheep hunt, he kept the deposit even though the client never got their hunt. So if you are now saying BWW is saying something else, we all know Blair is lying. Maybe Agent Orange killed too many brain cells and you simply can't remember simple facts. One would think since you were going to set the record straight you would have at least reviewed the Blair/Heathington thread.

Why don't you put your money where you mouth is and book a hunt with Blair? I know I never will.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
ISS is an idiot if he wants to try to defend BWW. What a f***ing joke!

BWW says they'll handle all the paperwork yet there was no paperwork done for the clients rifles. BWW booked an overpriced hunt with a guy that was going crazy and everybody know it. He took all of the money and paid Heathington everything minus the commission and BWW refused to refund even the commission.

ISS, Heathington went room temp a while back. Good luck there...

Good lord, I cannot even believe some people are this stupid

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
AAW ends every post here with his diatribe against Blair Hunting. Has for years.

Has anyone but me ever been curious about this?

I was at SCI this week, and walked past their booth. I jut had to know, so I spent about ten minutes with Sean Blair (son).

Turns out, Blair Hunting Worldwide is a brokerage firm. They deal with actual guides/outfitters to book hunts for potential hunters.

Several years ago, they booked several hunts for clients with an outfitter in AZ. They took deposits, booked the hunts, and sent the money (they got from clients) to this outfitter. Had signed contracts with the clients and the outfitter. About twenty clients. The guide just absconded with the money. Blair did not get a dime.

The entire mess was thoroughly investigated by the legal authorities in AZ, as well as F&G. The Blairs and their company were exonerated of any wrongdoing or culpability in the dealings.

Another Arizona Writer is apparently still carrying a grudge, but has not taken two minutes to visit Kingman, where the outfitter currently resides.

That's the party I want to deal with.

Anyone interested can contact Blair Hunting Worldwide and get all of the gory details.

A sad story, to be sure...

Rich

I'm damn sure not changing my signature line because you are an idiot who believes anything they hear from a lying sack of shit. Why don't you read the full thread instead of listening to the lying Blair?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it's like these folks that defend Hillary (or Barry). Perhaps a little sugar is changing hands? What do you think?
A point to be made is, regardless of whether Blair kept a dime or not (I find it hard to believe he didn't take his cut off the top), HE had brokered the deal. When it went south, HE had an ethical obligation to return the guys money. ALL of it.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember an old prosecutor's response when he caught some one lying "are you lying now or were you lying then..."

As far as not "keeping a dime" in the below post by
Blair worldwide, they acknowledged that they sent the "majority of the money" to the outfitter. They don't say all of the money it is only logical to assume the part not sent was their fee.

They are certainly due a fee for their services. It is their choice if they would want to refund it to the victims in this mess.

By keeping it they have cost themselves probably a 100 times over what they made on this booking. Just a guess, but based on the original post a lot of hinters, that post here, will not work with them and a lot of people on this forum book a lot of hunts!

So were they lying at SCI or are they lying in their post........;

posted Mar 10, 4:10 PM Hide Post

This posting is in response to the allegations which have been lodged incorrectly against Blair Worldwide Hunting on this forum and others.

Dr. Brent Henriksen and his brother, Mr. Tyler Henriksen purchased a desert bighorn sheep hunt on December 11, 2008, as a Christmas present for their father, Lonnie Henriksen. The Henriksen sons had been searching the internet for sheep hunts and a friend of their fathers referred them to Blair WorldWide. Lonnie had booked hunts with Blair WorldWide Hunting in the past. The contract provided that Lonnie Henriksen had a choice of outfitters from which to choose. It was determined by Lonnie Henriksen that he would hunt desert bighorn sheep, coues deer and bring his wife as a non-hunter with Sheep LTD, owned by Larry Heathington, who at the time, had an excellent reputation as a sheep hunter and guide and had guided many of the Governor’s tags for sheep.

As the booking agent, Blair WorldWide Hunting, pursuant to the requirements of the contract, sent the vast majority of the money Larry Heathington, who was the contracted hunter with Sheep LTD. Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, is in a similar position to a travel agent that books travel on an airline or a cruise ship. When a ticket is purchased, the majority of the money goes to the airline or the cruise line and the booking agent retains a commission fee. It is the responsibility of the airline or the cruise ship to provide the services.

In this instance, it was the responsibility, and remains the responsibility of Larry Heathington, to provide the sheep hunts which were the subject of the contract. At the time the contract was entered into, the Henriksen’s were advised by Blair WorldWide, through the contract and via a trip insurance brochure, to buy trip insurance in the event that there was a problem with the hunt. The Henriksen’s chose not to do so. The fact that the majority of the Henriksens’ money was forwarded to Larry Heathington has been established conclusively by providing the Henriksen’s, and their attorney with copies of the cancelled checks from Blair WorldWide to Larry Heathington.

After the hunt was booked, Lonnie Henriksen and Larry Heathington spoke at length, several times before the contracted start of the hunt. After the original hunt date of January 2010 did not occur, conversations between Mr. Henriksen and Mr. Heathington continued well into March 2010 in regards to the new dates and location of the desert big horn sheep hunt. For reasons which were not entirely clear to Blair WorldWide at the time, or to anyone for that matter, Larry Heathington has reneged on his promise to conduct, not only the Henriksen hunt, but other clients hunts as well. It was later disclosed by Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD that he did not conduct the hunts contracted for due to health issues (See Sheep LTD’s website). The bottom line is that the dispute is properly between the Henriksen’s and Mr. Heathington, the outfitter.

Blair WorldWide did take extra steps in attempting to help the Henriksen’s recovery their money even though Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, has no obligation both contractually or ethically to do so. Blair WorldWide contacted Mr. Heathington on several occasions and strongly urged him to return the monies for the clients who did not receive their contracted hunts. When
those attempts failed, Blair WorldWide consistently assisted the Henriksen’s attorney in attempting to recover the money paid to Mr. Heathington through a civil lawsuit. In short, Blair WorldWide has done everything required of it, both legally and ethically, to assist not only the Henriksen’s, but also other clients, who contracted with Sheep LTD.
Blair WorldWide sincerely wishes that, not only Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD, but all outfitters would provide the services that they contract for. However, in the real world, such is not always the case. Blair WorldWide has taken significant care to ensure that outfitters with whom clients are contracted provide good and legitimate services. Despite such care, every once in a while, an outfitter for a variety of reasons fails to perform. This is why trip insurance is recommended for all hunting and fishing trips booked. It is always clearly stated in all of Blair WorldWide contracts that the services contracted for are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the outfitter. Blair WorldWide sincerely hopes that the Henriksen’s recover their money from the person who possesses it -- That is Larry Heathington.

Any allegations that Blair WorldWide, in any fashion, deprived the Henriksen’s or any other party of their money improperly, illegally, or unethically, is simply untrue. The Henriksen’s have retained counsel to attempt to recover their money from Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD. The
Henriksen’s have not, and cannot, legally claim that Blair WorldWide has withheld any of the funds owed to them by Mr. Heathington.

In sum, despite the unwarranted allegations to the contrary, Blair WorldWide acted at all times in an honest, professional, and ethical manner and any allegations to the contrary are not true

http://www.blairworldwide.com/.../SHEEPLTDWEBPAGE.htm

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was NOT defending them in my initial post, nor am I doing so now. I wanted to know the original source of this vitriol.

It would have been foolish of me to ask any of the posters for an honest, unbiased account.

When I saw their booth at SCI I stopped and asked.
This is their side of the actual events as they occurred.

Quite different from the member posting.

As to who is responsible for the monies scammed, we do not have what the courts of Arizona said; since the injured parties have not gotten, in nearly SIX years a court finding. I have never heard of a court delaying a hearing and subsequent trial this amount of time.

So, please, those of you were involved, and cheated out of money, share with us if you would, how your lawsuit turns out.

Also share with us,if you would, why you chose not to get the available insurance, and why you have not dealt with the outfitter as I would have in person.

thanks,

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good lord, I cannot even believe some people are this stupid

Believe it; it won't be his last stupid post.

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe, but nobody f**ked me in the ass about $70,000 worth...

I'd say you have me beat handily for stupid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
You asked and were lied to.

Or they told you the truth and they lied in their post.

What does that do to your thoughts about what happened.

Are they lying now or were they lying then........

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was NOT defending them in my initial post, nor am I doing so now. I wanted to know the original source of this vitriol.

It would have been foolish of me to ask any of the posters for an honest, unbiased account.

When I saw their booth at SCI I stopped and asked.
This is their side of the actual events as they occurred.

Quite different from the member posting.

As to who is responsible for the monies scammed, we do not have what the courts of Arizona said; since the injured parties have not gotten, in nearly SIX years a court finding. I have never heard of a court delaying a hearing and subsequent trial this amount of time.

So, please, those of you were involved, and cheated out of money, share with us if you would, how your lawsuit turns out.

Also share with us,if you would, why you chose not to get the available insurance, and why you have not dealt with the outfitter as I would have in person.

thanks,

Rich

They skated because they claim they fulfilled their part of the contract. They even used the justification that they were "just like travel agents" and not responsible for giving a refund. That is a mute point. They picked a guy that was fit for a straight jacket and gave him large amounts of cash. BWW had to know Heathington was going nuts, everybody else did. Heathington didn't do a damn thing. He stole from those people and in my opinion BWW facilitated the robbery. They are all a bunch of assholes and you are a blithering idiot if you thought you could walk up to a Blair at SCI and get a straight story. Did you think they'd come out and tell you how they kept a commission for a hunt that never happened or what? They aren't going to tell you the truth. They rely on people like you to potentially book hunts. They prey on the uninformed and will do or say anything to get your money

I offered to help for free and got nowhere. I called my contacts and no gun paperwork had been done. Nothing had been done and no money ever made it to Mexico. It was nothing but dead ends. to people that make a living in this industry it was obvious what happened

As I said previously, it's hard to believe some people can be so stupid

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is on their website...

"...We are a full time, full service agency that is available for your every need, current and future... ...My staff of Hunting Consultants have been thoroughly trained and maintain a strict standard of excellence and professionalism. They will be instrumental in making your hunt of a lifetime run smoothly... ...Our agency will assist you with all aspects of your trip. From applying for your permits, assisting with travel routes, assisting with travel routes - right down to what to pack. We want you as a client for a lifetime and no detail is left to chance... ... There are no gambles when you book with Blair WorldWide Hunting Our Outfitters are the best in the business and go the extra distance for all of our hunters..."

If they assist in the permits then how were there no permits. If these guys are the best in the business and there are "no gambles" when you boo with them then why would they not, AT VERY LEAST, refund the commission that they held back from this robbery?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You should quit this thread before you TOTALLY make a fool of yourself..

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

ISS: I didn't book that hunt; I didn't lose 70K. But even if I did, and took out insurance, there is a good chance the insurance would not pay out due to fraud. The issue here is Blair's clients were defrauded and he refused to even give back his commission. And apparently, the ones who booked this hunt are not the only one defrauded.

As for your other comment, the only way I could be stupider than you would be to want to trade my life for yours.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must have pricked a sensitive nerve here of the victims.

I'd be cranky too, if I let somebody do this to me and all I did was cry about it on this url.

TO: leopardtrack,

you must be under some silly notion that I give a rat's-patoot about what anybody here thinks about me. I was not hired to amuse or edify anyone here. I do, or I observe things being done and I share or comment.

I assign ZERO probative value to anyone or anything. There are about a dozen members here whose opinions I value. The rest of the audience; get a life of your own. Be strong; in life we are all predators or prey.

I did not post this with a side taken. Still haven't, although the louder the silence of the lambs here gets, the less sympathy I have for them...

Move on people, don't make this an important part of your life. There's not enough entertainment value to this for anybody to get worked up about.

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Tough Guy, have a good night!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like this Idaho SS guy knows nothing about this case and is now running for asshole of the year on AR and right now it's doubtful anyone will be able to beat him, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun 3006,

reread the post. I have no side in this, and did not know what caused all the vitriol. I saw Blair at SCI, and asked him what his side of the story was.

I still don't care other than what the actual truth of the matter was.

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Topgun 3006,

reread the post. I have no side in this, and did not know what caused all the vitriol. I saw Blair at SCI, and asked him what his side of the story was.

I still don't care other than what the actual truth of the matter was.

regards,

Rich

The truth of the matter is obviously too difficult for you to comprehend. BWW are a bunch of assholes and they kept a commission they never should have kept. Legal or illegal it was a sleazy sleazy move

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I was in the wrong. I got Blair's side of the story, which was not 100% truthful or ethical.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
ISS is an idiot if he wants to try to defend BWW. What a f***ing joke! BWW says they'll handle all the paperwork yet there was no paperwork done for the clients rifles. BWW booked an overpriced hunt with a guy that was going crazy and everybody know it. He took all of the money and paid Heathington everything minus the commission and BWW refused to refund even the commission. ISS, Heathington went room temp a while back. Good luck there... Good lord, I cannot even believe some people are this stupid

Sorry Drummond, but I edited your post for clarity.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I was in the wrong. I got Blair's side of the story, which was not 100% truthful or ethical.

Well, at least you admitted it; not everyone would.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
This thread is confirmation that the reputations of BWW and ISS remain unchanged.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey Fellas, at least ISS had the balls to admit that he was lied to.

Let's give him a break OK?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LT,

you can't ask that. There are too many here who have no life apart from searching the threads to see what I have posted each day. It gives me some guilty pleasure, I must admit, to see how many people who have no life of their own get a buzz from jumping on me. I should probably refrain from telling them: that compared to being shot at, or a hunt in Africa; these little tete-a-tete's are boring...

I do appreciate the thought, thanks

Rich