Find
Notify
Tools

How long will it take?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted
Back in February I took a beautiful Red Stag in Argentina. I've been in contact a few times with the outfitter via email, but all they say is they are working on the export. What exactly does that mean, and how long does it typically take to get a trophy out of Argentina? Thanks.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi John. how is going?
First of all Red Deer can not be hunter in Feb, at least in La Pampa province.
i am Outfitter in La Pampa, and the exportation takes no mre that 4 month. Afther the payment takes 45 bussines days.
please let me know where did you hunt, name of the outfitter and broker that is on charge of your exportation. I can make a call.

Thanks Martin

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

Posts: 70 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Took about 8 months to get our trophies home from Argentina. It was an interesting process. We had shippers telling us we owed them money even though they weren't the shipper. Not sure how they got our contact info...likely from the taxidermist that prepared the trophies. In the end the outfitter straightened it all out. Be careful who you pay.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I've been warned about the mysterious shipper's bills. I wish I knew more about the process.

John Farner

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I have promising news to report. Thanks to our new member, Martin Telleria, (Argentina Hunts), who graciously offered to make a couple phone calls, my trophies are now ready to ship! My sincerest thanks to Martin.

John Farner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks John, we ll be in touch.

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
once again AR people to the rescue. best bunch of guys there is

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, one recommendation before book a hunt, ASK FOR REFERENCES!!!!!!!!!! and check who is the outfitter! if is fully licensed or at least if is licenced at the province when he operate the hunts.

Martin

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, how is going?
We have an special for Christmast, that include 5 days of hunting in La Pampa in our private ranch + one free range non limit size red deer.
Price per hunter 4500 usd during the rut.

Do not hesitate in contact us, we have several date open.

Best Regards Martin

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year for all!!!!!!!!

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Argentina the third week of May and had my trophies by Mid October. I shot Buffalo, Blackbuck a trophy Stag and a Cull Stag.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I did get an email just before Christmas saying they hoped to ship by the middle of this month. That would be only an eleven-month wait. I figured it depended on who you hunted with. Since I was a guest on this hunt I didn't choose the outfitter.

John Farner

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Just now spoke to my Son; our trophies have safely arrived at Knight's Taxidermy in Anchorage. Three weeks shy of a year wait but definitely better late than never.

John Farner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulation John, some phone calls works jejjej.

See you Martin

Martin Telleria
www.tsbuenosaires.com