New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marsh Deer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do any of you hunt them? I just received my copy of " Jaguar hunting in the Mato Grasso and Bolivia" and there are some wonderful pictures of Marsh Bucks in in the book. Are there guides who offer hunts for them and are they exportable here to the US? A neat species I had not heard of before. Thank you for any information you may have.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Marsh and pampas deer are listed on Appendix I of CITES and cannot be imported into the United States.

Both are nifty deer. In fact, all of the world's forty-odd deer species and their many subspecies are the niftiest of all game animals in my opinion, no matter what the sheep freaks say.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
VERY COMMON 300 KMS FROM HOME IN THE RIVERINES OF THE PARANA RIVER ,HUNTED BY THE NATIVES DAILY .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
If you want to spemd some days in a south american jail at least rob a bank !! But going to jail for shooting a marsh deer is not worthwile (sp?).

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo....do they have good empanadas and costillas in the jail?

I am heading back to Cordoba end of March....I had such a wonderful time with you when Guille and I met with you in Uruguay that now I tell everyone I know who is heading that way to take the time to visit Montevideo....and if time allows, Punta.

All the best.....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

How are you doing ?
Is true, we have a very nice time in Montevideo and Punta with you and Guille.

Here everything ok. A new baby arrived home last week, another boy !!! So now we have three little boys (5, 3 and 1 week). So very few hunting these days for me, I am the diaperman.

Abrazo
Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Hi Bill,

How are you doing ?
Is true, we have a very nice time in Montevideo and Punta with you and Guille.

Here everything ok. A new baby arrived home last week, another boy !!! So now we have three little boys (5, 3 and 1 week). So very few hunting these days for me, I am the diaperman.

Abrazo
Lorenzo

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your esposa.....how wonderful....for me the little ones are my two "new" grandchildren...Alexis, who will be 3 this month, and Benjamin, 8 months...I am off to California in two weeks to be with them for Christmas....

Will you be stag hunting this next season?

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Will you be stag hunting this next season?

Don't insult me !!! OF COURSE !!!! Hahahaha

As every year I will be following the roar. I will be hunting them for 20 days in a row !! Then I don't understand why I don't have time or money to go to Africa.. Big Grin
Abrazo
L

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Guillermo....not sure where...it nearby we can meet....

Africa...save your money and meet me there in July!! Wink

Theodore Roosevelt