Find
Notify
Tools

Perdiz and IPSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I have just returned from another great trip to visit my friends in Argentina, Juan Pozzi in San Francisco and Guillermo Amestoy in Cordoba. This note will focus on the visit with Juan, as it did include hunting and shooting...the visit with Guillermo and his family also included hunting - for parilladas - and a trip to Mendoza to visit the wineries there. I will cover those in a later post, but will comment here that any visit to Argentina should include Mendoza.

The two highlights of my visit to Juan, short as it was, was the hunt for perdiz, one I have grown very fond of, and traveling with him and some other gun club men to Esperanza about 1.5 hours to the east for a regional IPSC shoot.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have had a great time together ,Bill has many friends here as he came for his 6ht time ,we hunted partriges ,a bit of doves .he shot great this time-we walked a lot after hogs .And he made a sniper head shot at a hog at nigth .
WE MISS YOU FRIEND RETURN SOON .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
hunting partriges on a windy cold day

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
head shot on a meat hog

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have just returned from another great trip to visit my friends in Argentina, Juan Pozzi in San Francisco and Guillermo Amestoy in Cordoba. This note will focus on the visit with Juan, as it did include hunting and shooting...the visit with Guillermo and his family also included hunting - for parilladas - and a trip to Mendoza to visit the wineries there. I will cover those in a later post, but will comment here that any visit to Argentina should include Mendoza.

The two highlights of my visit to Juan, short as it was, was the hunt for perdiz, one I have grown very fond of, and traveling with him and some other gun club men to Esperanza about 1.5 hours to the east for a regional IPSC shoot.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Bill for another great trip. I see that you liked Mendoza....and its wineries. We are waiting for your further report. Next time perhaps you can land here for a couple of days.
By the way, the "escabeche de perdiz" is fantastic. Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill we have had a great time together ,please came again ,we need to hunt a big boar ill guide you all the nigth.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
The small jabili I shot was at Juan's insistence for a meat hog.

And, Ricardo, you are quite right....I thoroughly enjoyed Mendoza and look forward to a return. BA remains on my agenda, but aside from a visit to you and Martin, it leaves me little I care to see after having already been there a few times. Perhaps next trip I will come down through BA. Time is always an issue and up until now I have regretted not spending some time in Chile. I do want to go to Usuhaia and for that will have to go through BA.

Marcos, I will look forward to it...and will have more time next trip. Keep away from that mascarpone ice cream or you will be too fat to walk far.

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
So glad you enjoyed another trip down here, Bill! Indeed you know how to spend your time Cool

Looking forward to meet you next time, my friend! Frowner

Un fuerte abrazo !
Martin

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
dinner with uncle Bill

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
shooting doves

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
dinner with uncle Bill

Juan, thank you for that photo...it is one of my favorites and having been with you and your family in your home so many times makes me truly feel like one of your family....God bless you, amigazo beer

Theodore Roosevelt