Find
Notify
Tools

Export of Fox from Argentina?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

Is it legal to export a fox trophy from Argentina to the United States?

The species is Lycalopex griseus and it is a CITES II. I can't find anything that prevents its entry to the US.

Does anyone have any info?

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think so. The problem( believe it or not) is not the US, but Argentina. A few years ago, they created a silly law that you can not export any animals that are indigenous to Argentina. Not sure why they did it as it does not make sense. You can legally kill it, but you can not export it? So, stuff like Capybara, Puma, and I think even birds can not be exported. I assume your Fox falls into the same category. Anything that was transplanted into the country, ie Red Stag, water buffalo, etc. can be exported. Between this export ban, their new Gun import shenanigans and the rip off and poor service of Trophy shippers causes lots of international hunters to pause from going there.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Fox hunting is permitted in most of th provinces of Argentina .Some provinces consider them a pest .Puma hun ting in Rio Negro is encouraged and foreach puma taken you can have some money back .But the stupid thing is that they make you very difficult to export them .
I guaranteed fox hunting in my operation and have 80 percent succes on puma ,and some clients exported them ...........

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They won't do it until a government official confirms the species. Supposedly they couldn't even transport it to BA until the identification is made. I never expect to see it.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote