Notify
Tools

Trail cam axis pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Well,

I have never been able to get axis deer near a feeder, they are too spooky here. Just two pictures un several years.

But what I have been able is to bait them throwing corn with my hands just like feeding chickens.

So I have done it some days ago and put there a trail cam. In 4 days took a lot of pictures that put my blood boiling !!

The problem is that it's inside the deep thornbush and to set an ambush there is not easy. I will think something, that's sure !!

The one at night looks like a really good one. The other one is not bad neither..

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo...perhaps I will dig a hole and cover my self with corn......and wait....

You are a master with that camera.....thanks for the fine photos...it has to be nice to know they are there....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
What Bill says sounds quite promising... and that male is tempting !

I have used with good success both a ghillie suit and a sniper net (either one or the other mainly depending in the reigning temperatures)in the llanuras bonaerenses...

Just decide where to wait for them checking the wind and the sun - and be there before their arrival

Good luck and keep us updated thumb

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote