Find
Notify
Tools

Books?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello all,
Are there any good hunting books, in english, that you know of on South American hunting? I have Tigrero, and a couple others, but you just dont here much about all the great hunting that was/is down there.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TSJ: but for the book of Jose Alfredo Martinez de Hoz, "A sporting life", I don´t know of other Argentine authors translated to English. Many hunters from the States visited us, including Bob Milek, Craig Boddington, Jack Lewis and what not,up to the King of Sweden and Prince Abdorreza of the then Persia. Perhaps in the forum about wingshooting you may find other references. Out of the blue, I remember Gatogordo posting something, as well as RonL.
Good luck

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about Teddy Roosevelt's, "Through the Brazilian Wilderness"? Roosevelt came very close to death during the expedition. This book is a great testimonial for hunting in Argentina or places other than Brazil.

If I recall correctly, Kermit Roosevelt also published a book on South American hunting.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote