Find
Notify
Tools

Some pics of my latest hunting trip
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
some pics of my latest hunt, that took place last weekend... sadly no trophies but plenty of meat Cool Big Grin Smiler ...

two pics of the hunting zone (La Pampa province)

pigs are near !

first pig (marlin 1895, own reloads using Hdy 300 grs HP)

second pig (should better write piggy)

One of the best hog finder (specially of all those boars that insist on running away, ignoring that they were already dead Eeker ) ... sadly in those places not having such a dog means a lost pig ... this one is a mix breed, born from a dogo argentino and a fila... with one of the finest smell aptitude I have ever seen in action !

resting after a whole night hunting Smiler

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great photos. It only makes me want to return. wave

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
You know that you will always be welcome in Argentina, Bill ! thumb beer

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Martin. Well, this end of May there is an estancia I know where the last moon was shot a wild boar with tusks measuring ten centimeters out of the lip.....Some ideas are filling my mind which may include you Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nice photos my friend ,remeber that im waiting you and your father and please bring your son too .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
We will soon meet again, my friend !! En breve iremos de "maniobras" nuevamente !!! Cool mgun

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Nice pictures Martin. Well, this end of May there is an estancia I know where the last moon was shot a wild boar with tusks measuring ten centimeters out of the lip.....Some ideas are filling my mind which may include you Wink

I will keep myself within reachable distances !!! Big Grin Big Grin Cool

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb thumb

Now we are talking !!!!

Why we don´t organize a hunt in La Pampa with all of us??

I bet a beer that this uruguayan will kill the biggest !!! At night and only with moon.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
OK, but no uruguayan beer is accepted Big Grin Big Grin

(just not to make you come driving / flying all that way with extra weight Big Grin Big Grin)

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
clap

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
clap

May I suggest a real hunt ????

Not chasing poor sus scrofa, but hunting in the mountains ???

Then I do want to see our charrúa friend!

diggin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
BRAVO clap!!! AFRIKAANDER,the important is being hunting thumb!!! When i have rested from my last African trip, Ill be back to La Pampa (Valle de Daza) with my sons to take some wildboars too !!!mgun. See in the photo: Francisco, my older son with his first trophy!!! he used a Marlin Guide Gun with 400 grs sjsp 45-70 Gov. +P reloads, one deadly heart shot Wink, the pig ran 60 meters and crashed down!!!.He saw for the first time a Puma, ñandues, tarantulas, the rare yaguarundi and one yarara shocker(In the blind base near the stair!!!)We hunted for four days from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am,and he drove for first time a 4x4 truck !!! He will never forget or lost this present from his father Smiler!!! Regards Guillermo.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustavo:
quote:
clap

diggin

No no no no no no Big Grin

No mountains nor anything 100 yards above sea level !! That's too much excersise for me !!!

The idea is to have fun and not to play comandos around the mountains with all of you.

I want to be relaxed in a nice blind thinking in the posibility of life in other planets, or remembering my first girlfriend, or my secretary, or my friend's sister...etc etc, you know, all those kind of trascendental thoughts that normally help us to kill time while we stay awake all night in the middle of the bush.

Big Grin

L

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
there is a point when you just want to take it easy and hunt the most relaxed way you can.

But fortunately i`m not there yet. Big Grin

I`m not sure how the hunting wil lbe to the winter , but it wil lbe a very fun way to get some new friends and family members in Argentina, im not sure about the Uruguyans though Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
(....)
The idea is to have fun and not to play comandos around the mountains with all of you.
(....)
L

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

quote:

(....)

I want to be relaxed in a nice blind thinking in the posibility of life in other planets, or remembering my first girlfriend, or my secretary, or my friend's sister...etc etc, you know, all those kind of trascendental thoughts that normally help us to kill time while we stay awake all night in the middle of the bush.

L

Indeed that´s the kind of toughts that run through our brains when waiting to Mr Sus Scrofa to come Smiler thumb

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
BRAVO clap!!! AFRIKAANDER,the important is being hunting thumb!!! When i have rested from my last African trip, Ill be back to La Pampa (Valle de Daza) with my sons to take some wildboars too !!!mgun. See in the photo: re yaguarundi and one yarara shocker(In the blind base near the stair!!!)We hunted for four days from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am,and he drove for first time a 4x4 truck !!! He will never forget or lost this present from his father Smiler!!! Regards Guillermo.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I totally agree with you, Guillermo ... those are the kind of memories your son will never forget... and I am sure he will treasure those moments as some of the best he ever shared with you !!

We must go hunting together... You, your son Francisco, Juan, Iki, me and my own son (Facundo, he is just 5 and I haven`t taken him to any hunt yet... I have always thought that seven would be a good age to initiate him, but .... Wink )

BTW which was the resulting lenght of this beautiful boar´s tusks? As far as I can appreciate I guess it was at least some 16 cm ..

Since we all have our own marlins in that venerable cartridge, that could be the rifle to take (in fact it is one of my favourite firearms and my first choice when boars are concerned)... and you can tell me some more about that interesting plus p reloadings you have been doing, since the pressure presumably admited by the marlins has always concerned me ... do you know the resulting muzzle velocity ? which powder do you use?

I am now starting to test some reloads with A27 and italense bullets, since I have practically finished my trustable favourite gunpowder for this rifle, the IMR 3031, and have to use what can only be found nowadays: FM powders Frowner

Actually Sinila has brought huge qantities of reloader powder but the RENAR doesn´t authorise him yet to proceed to sell it Mad

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
(.........=
I`m not sure how the hunting wil lbe to the winter , but it wil lbe a very fun way to get some new friends and family members in Argentina, im not sure about the Uruguyans though Big Grin Big Grin

That doubt denotes that you are a quite intelligent guy, Mr Rigby Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Just joking, Lorenzo, just joking ... Wink

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
there is a point when you just want to take it easy and hunt the most relaxed way you can.

But fortunately i`m not there yet. Big Grin

My friend, you don't know what you are missing!!

Let me tell you the idea of fun of our crazy argentinian friends:

Gustavo will be happy walking up and down mountains after guanacos and shoot them at 1,000,000,0000,000 yards with a super ultra mag that explodes them Big Grin

Juan and Afrikaander will go after the wounded ones (up and down the mountains again) with a pack of wild dogos and they will kill the poor guanacos with some kind of commando technic, assorted combats knifes, tomahawks, speers, kung fu, etc. Big Grin

M E A N W H I L E, Nainital (the smarter of all them) and I will be laying back in a comfortable blind, shooting pigs at spliting distances and returning back to camp early to drink wine and eat a nice asado.

beer

L

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo and Naintal are you Europeans just located overseas, it sounds like Germans or Danes how they like their huntingways.

Juan and Afrikaander must be of Wiking heritage since the yhave more warm blood in them than an average spaniard . Big Grin

Well im stil lpreparing both psychially and mentally on the trip and if the Argentinean senoritas have so much nitroglyserin in their blood as the hunters, the trip can be dangerous. dancing

I would like to try the Cavalry charge on wildboar hunt at horseback ,and also with knife if you mention it to some guys over here the tstart to behave PETAish, im glad that you guys keep the tradition alive for future generations.

beer

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr.Rigby: just for the sake of being "macho", you could pursue the hogs on horseback and enjoy pig sticking in the middle of the "vinal".I assure you that your face will have nothing to envy of those of the German duellers of yore.... Big Grin. By the way, I had my epoch of mountaing climbing after guanacos and fallow deer...fortunately such madness went away together with youth CRYBABY

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Bring me one of those beatiful blondes you have up there in Norway and I will climb all the mountains you want, meanwhile I will shoot piggys at zero meter over sea level and reserve my latin energies for more important things Big Grin

First night at Buenos Aires I will take you hunting to the Black Safari Area...then tell me if you still want to climb something higher than an antnest Big Grin

L

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gustavo will be happy walking up and down mountains after guanacos and shoot them at 1,000,000,0000,000 yards with a super ultra mag that explodes them Big Grin

L

My friend, this time you did it right!!! Big Grin

I must confess that Lorenzo knows me better than even myself!!!

And yes...in short I'll be heading south ( again ), to do EXACTLY what he explained so well, in an economy of words that it's so uncommon...perhaps like trying to find nice girls the other side of the river. dancing

I'll like to say that to the mountains we should add a pile of snow, subzero temps and finally lots of freezing winds, to really have at hand the recipe that the good ol' doctor just ordered me!

In the meantime, my friends, could do what they do best...snoring...looking for a good chancho...and snoring again...and perhaps with some luck an alien from outerspace could give something to tell back in camp...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
We dont just have Blondes up here but we have redheads, brunettes, ravenhairblack, mulattes. and those remnaint from the spanish armada that drifted ashore in Sogn they are latinos alright.

I think that in some years ill have many great storys to tell from Argentina and to scare the PETA people over here.

aSalud amigos....

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
iTS WONDERFUL TO SEE THAT THE SON OF MY FRIEND ARE HUNTERS TOO THAY WILL CONTINUE THIS GREAT TRADITION.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustavo:
quote:
clap

diggin

No no no no no no Big Grin

No mountains nor anything 100 yards above sea level !! That's too much excersise for me !!!

Big Grin

L

I'll hunt with you when I get down there. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Invader66: I see that Walker County produces some smart guys. We can sip good wines and cook tasty asados, and, of course, there are the ladies looking for Lorenzo Big Grin.
Here is a picture of a field:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/nainital/Ciervos.jpg

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Invader66
It will be a pleasure thumb

Nainital, ladies looking for me ?? what kind of farm is that ?? when we go ?? next week it will be full moon...Big Grin
L

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I did not see any ladies in that picture.....were they the dark images bent over looking for Lorenzo? sofa

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
I did not see any ladies in that picture.....were they the dark images bent over looking for Lorenzo? sofa

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I don't want to be indiscreet, but a friend deserves to be noticed of the danger that he might face when speaking about that ladies Ricardo has mentioned... Wink

Actually Ricardo has told me that he has just found a tribe of amazons.. the disconcerting thing is that he has seen certain indications that make him suppose that they are cannibal, with certain preference for to "oriental" meat Wink - since these ladies live in a hunting paradise, you can imagine why Ricardo want to go with you there, Lorenzo... Roll Eyes

I don't doubt that you will have a wonderful time at the beginning, but I have my doubts that the end will be of your pleasure !!

Sorry Ricardo, but my conscience obliged me to tell the whole truth... Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Martín:
clap clap clap
Due to the bad quality of that picture, you can´t see in the far horizon six "black" piggies waiting for Lorenzo... Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Wink