New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to Campinas Brazil
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello, I am moving to Campinas here in June. I will be doing missionary work for a couple years down there, and was just wondering what to expect by way of climate, food, and overall atmosphere?

I appreciate any responses, and apologize as to the lack of hunting related themes, however I am hoping to do some shooting in Argentina at the end of my service.

Thank you kindly,
Jonathon

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR !

Campinas is one of the biggest cities in Brazil, aprox. 2.5 million habitants.

You can find anything you want down here, lots of excelent places to stay and eat, and, apart from traditional brazillian food, you can find word wide gastronomy. But do not expect the same variety regardings firearms and hunting related products that you guys have in USA.

The climate can range from 30º-40ºC in summer to 10º~5º C in the winter. I do not live in this town, but every time I go there, at least once in the trip, rains !

Get in touch if possible (andrera@uai.com.br), if there´s anything I could help. Eventually I go to Campinas, because I have relatives living there, so, lets talk about it !

See you soon ,

Reiter.

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly, I appreciate the information! I will do my best to get in contact with you once I am in country.

Jonathon

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live near Campinas.

If you want to shoot there is a nice club I am a member CAT (Clube Americanense de Tiro). It has skeet, olympic trap, skeet, double trap, american trap and pistol/rifle range.

From Campinas you can fly directly to the great peackock bass fishing places, or to the marlin fishing places of the coast.

Brazil has very few hunting opportunities, but you may find a couple places to shoot some buffalo.

Best, Dante

Posts: 54 | Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil | Registered: 08 October 2007Reply With Quote