New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting/fishing near a vacation spot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Probably in September or August. (Darling wants to go to S. America for vacation - mainly Buenos Aires, I think, but I'm not sure if its safe, or if its still having problems.)

She also mentioned Rio, but I know its quite dangerous, and I don't think there's any hunting or fishing near there, at all.

What's Punta del Este like? I believe there are some hunting lodges fairly close to it...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Others will comment on Buenos Aires, but from my experience it is quite safe. As in any big city there are places you do not want to frequent.
I know there are many hunting opportunities in BA province, not sure about Punta.

Punta del Este is a beautiful and wonderful place. Keep in mind that you will be there in winter so I am not sure if there would be much of any beach activities......but that time of year you should have no problem finding reasonable acommodation.

The drive up along the coast from Montevideo is beautiful as is the continuing road north of Punta. And, beautiful Montevideo is a mere ferry ride across the Rio Plata from BA....

http://www.google.com/images?c...TTJK5NIH6lwf464igDQ&

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I took my then-26-year-old granddaughter to Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay in2007 and had a great time, and not once did I feel unsafe except for an incident that did give me a brief scare.

I was crossing the street to return to our hotel on the beach in Rio when a carload of drunk teenagers purposely tried to run me down. I had to run to escape being hit, and they drove off laughing.

This could have happened in any large city, I suppose.

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city with lots of things for a tourist to do, but Rio also is worth visiting:

Take a train up the mountain through a rainforest to the statue of Christ, ride a tram to an island, sit on a beautiful beach, eat fantastic seafood and beef, and take in a samba show at a dinner club. My granddaughter especially liked a huge shopping mall there.

Why not do both? Spend two or three days in Rio, then hop over to Buenos Aires and then on to a hunt somewhere. That's what we did.

Bill Quimby

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friend a perfect place is LAS GRUTAS RIO NEGRO but i would go during hotter months you can fis in the sea,hunt boars ,etc.during winter you can fish in the rivers sea and hunt geese,partriges and another birds besides wild boar.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, so when is the best time? Darling loves the beach, so it'd have to be when she can go play in the sea.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
january and february ,february is better because there are fewer people.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.

one of us
posted Hide Post
May I suggest March?. You have the beginning of the red stag´s rut and in the seaside resorts prices are much cheaper.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it still warm enough in March?

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes march is generally warm but a bit windy in LA PATAGONIA the good thing is that you can hunt red stag.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA