Tools

Argentina's Shooting Heritage
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Argentina has a long and well grounded shooting heritage. The leftist government is doing its best to impose firearms restrictions that will make it very difficult for those traditions to carry on.

In the face of a very proud and large protest by members of the shooting public the government passed an anti firearm bill, the inner workings of which are still not known.

Not only was there a public demonstration, there was a poll in the Buenos Aires newspaper
asking for a yes or no vote. Yes to approve "disarmista," and no to disapprove the proposed measures. The no vote was over 90% and still the leftists in the government prevailed.

What the Argentine's are facing is similar to what took place in Australia, U.K., and other areas of the world where the hunting and shooting public are at the whim of the politicians and with no strong, well financed, organization to come to their aid and fight for their rights.

And when I speak about how we, in our country, take the NRA for granted, and offer that anyone who subscribes to this forum, or who hunts or shoots, should be a member, my remarks are scoffed at.

If you are not a member, join today. We will have a battle on our hands with this new Congress.

Some are trying to be of assistance in Argentina but it is very difficult from afar.
They faced similar problems a year or so ago in Brazil, and with the help of the NRA that proposal was defeated.

billinthewild
Patron Member

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for this article, Nick ... I must admit things have changed somewhat and somehow since it was written to nowadays, as Bill Berlat has described in a very knowledged way - surprisingly knowledged for a man that has recently known my country, as I understand he has ... which demostrates he liked it very much, which I really appreciate !!

Hope to meet you whenever you might come this south again, Bill !!

And Nick, it will be both a honor and a pleasure to share a hunt with you in Argentina thumb! cheers

Next rut perhaps ? Wink

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote