New
Find
Notify
Tools

SELOUS SCOUTS ARTICLE BY JUAN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellow hunters ,our friend Juan Pablo Pozzi ,published a great article about selous scouts in www.revistamagnum.com.ar .This week end i visited with him several spec ops units ,and i coldnt believe ,how many friends has Juan ,in the army community and intelligence comunity ,they invite us to train with them and Juans was invited again to give a lecture about not conventional war and use of civilians scouts attached to regular army ,very very intersting.
PROF.ENG.MARCOS A. FISCHER
INFANTRY LIEUTENANT R

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marcos,
The magazine have not arrived yet to Bahía Blanca. I can not wait to read it. Cosidering Juan experience it must be very good. And knowing Mr Rossi (editor) for more than 15 years I know it just for the fact that Juans article was published so soon. LOL
Thanks
Martín

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is for congratulating Dr. Juan Pablo Pozzi on his excellent article about the Selous Scouts in Magnum Magazine (on sale yesterday Martín). clap

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to post the story here? I for one would love to read it.
Unless the magazine is available in the states and then I would just buy one.
Thanks.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nainital,
As you probably know Bahía Blanca is fa, far, far away from Buenos Aires. Wink
I was told that it would arrive on Frieday or Saturday.
I will have ot wait. Roll Eyes

Martin

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Juan: Now we have a really good reason to buy the Magnum Magazine this Month thumb, dont forget post a copy of the article for our worldwide hunters friends Wink!!!Congratulations Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I will be checking my mail!!! coffee

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Pamwe chete !!??

I have almost everything that have been written about them... so must add Juan's article Wink

Hmmmm, 23:50 pm .... luckily I live in a place where I can find many magazines shops open 24 hours a day !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bucko:
Would it be possible to post the story here? I for one would love to read it.
Unless the magazine is available in the states and then I would just buy one.
Thanks.

I will try to scan it... but we are speaking of an argentine magazine, written in Spanish ...

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Juan...I am hoping for an English translation....

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Magazine, what magazine? Magnum, what Magnum? My mailbox remnains empty Confused For lack of a stamp my life lies in despair. Roll Eyes

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Bill, take a look at the link in the post Marcos began this thread with ... Magnum is one of the few magazines edited in my country that considers our beloved sports and weapons

I will try to scan the article and send it to you, I am sure your almost perfect spanish won't need to, but I can also translate it (with the author's permission !!) if you wish ...

Un abrazo !

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan,
Muy bueno el artículo!!!

I have just finish it. You cover the history of the Selous Scouts very well and is very well writen too!
Hope this is the first of a loooong serie of articles.
Thanks
Martin

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli

one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone translates the article into English I would love to have a copy.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Bill, take a look at the link in the post Marcos began this thread with ... Magnum is one of the few magazines edited in my country that considers our beloved sports and weapons

I will try to scan the article and send it to you, I am sure your almost perfect spanish won't need to, but I can also translate it (with the author's permission !!) if you wish ...

Un abrazo !

I wonder if this is the same publisher who does Magnum in South Africa.

"almost perfect Spanish!!!" Roll Eyes Martin, I can order dinner, chat a little, call a boar a jabili, and say buen dia....but I can only wish that my Spanish was as good as your English or that of my amigos. It would take me a good few hours to translate that article.

Tis a shame that the days of the Selous Scouts are over. If not, Juan would be on the first plane.....and I can appreciate why he is as respected as Marcos spoke of in the first thread. He is a warrior in the true sense of the word. salute

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biil,
There are at least three Magnum Magazines that I know but not read. One in South Africa, another in Brazil and this one in Argentina that have been published for more than 17 years.
Martin (the other Martin.LOL)

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:

Un abrazo !

I wonder if this is the same publisher who does Magnum in South Africa.

"almost perfect Spanish!!!" Roll Eyes Martin, I can order dinner, chat a little, call a boar a jabili, and say buen dia....but I can only wish that my Spanish was as good as your English or that of my amigos. It would take me a good few hours to translate that article.

Tis a shame that the days of the Selous Scouts are over. If not, Juan would be on the first plane.....and I can appreciate why he is as respected as Marcos spoke of in the first thread. He is a warrior in the true sense of the word. salute

My friend, ours Magnum has nothing to do with South Africa's...

And don't be so humble with your high polyglot abilities.... many argentinian women that were seduced with your charisma didn't notice the minor accent in your spanish speakings Wink

Un abrazo! Cool Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would someone mind to mail me a copy of the Spanish article?

De antemano sumamente agradecido!

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote