Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina trip, in part
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
My apologies. Since arriving home a few days ago I have been very busy with some new construction at the house, a friend staying with me, and numerous things to catch up on.

The trip was wonderful. My return to San Francisco was great and meeting once again with all my Argentine friends was like coming home to family. Juan Pablo, his family and friends, Willy and his family as well, always make me feel so much at homne.

And this time my havng a chance to also spend time with Guillermo Amestoy, and his family, a man I had only spent about an hour with my last trip will be memorable. Our trip to Patagonia with Willy was an experience I would recommend to all. The three of us had a great time.

Hunting perdiz, fox, wild hares, and of course, the jabili once again with my cuchillo, continues to be adrenaline pumping.

I will relate my trip in more detail in the next week or so when I have a bit more time, but for now a few photos. Next time more about the trip, my interview with the local newspaper, the wonderful San Francisco gun club, the lakes and rivers of Patagonia, and the museum of Jose Sodiro a place where there are more trophies displayed than one could ever imagine.

Hunting perdiz. So beautiful with such wonderful wetaher and many birds.

Fox hunting. A night time endeavor and one you will never forget once going out with Juan, Andres, Marcos, Iki and Guille.

The jabili hunt. My favorite.

Asado. This is Argentina.

Arrival dinner at Juan’s

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Wonderfull pics Billy !

Looking foward to the other parts of the trip report !

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Ahh Bill, a great appetizer! Wonderful pictures! Beautiful picture with Iki, Rhody and Africa in the open field. Rhody looks full grown now and looks to be quite a stocky dog as seen in the picture with the fox.

Anxious to hear the story of the hunt of your russian boar. knife The look of the Dogos tells much!

Such a happy picture with Juan's family. I think I have gained 5# just looking at the pictures and reading talk of the Asado. Smiler

Looking forward to your main course, detailed hunt tales and the pictures and stories of the museum of Jose Sodiro. Hope we can get to meet sometime this summer.

Kindest regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill !!!!! wave

Glad to hear once again you had a wonderful time.... you have your own charisma, my friend - something we like very much thumb

I only wish to have some more spare time to share with such friends Frowner

Hope to meet you next time, my friend !!

BTW, that is a nice boar, congratulations !!! (thou, I must admit I would like some more details Wink about its hunt !)

Bill, te mando un fuerte abrazo, amigo !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill: ¡Congratulations, old boy!. But you are making us drool with so few details about your boar hunt....I can see the Muela bloodied, of course. Tell us more about place, pursuit, weight and so forth. dancing

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,

Well done.......again!!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The russian boar hunt was with knife only ,not gun ,we used a recon scout cold steel and a Rigid bowie,the indian that lives in the bush told us that the boar wasnt seeing since two days but he believe it can be near aºwater hole with a domestic sow ,the boar has killed all domestic hogs males.We went there and saw the boar running away i release the dogs and rn full speed with the truck ,but i hit a electric wire and almost decapitated my son and Guillermo,that were in the back of the truck ,so we jumped from the truck and run in a hole in the bush ,were the dogs were figthing ,but we couldnt believe the size of the boar ,that were destroying the dogs ,i tried to put a stab but hit the shoulder bone and fall to the floor ,by that time Bill was arriving and put a stab with his giant RIGID ,the figth continue but i coulndt shot because of the dogs and another hunters suddenly the boar colapsed due the blood loose ...and thats all,several minutes earlier we saw at least 10 boars crossing a channel,but we coulnt shoot.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Juan. I can asure You that will be necesary more than a thin electric wire to cut ours strong necks Wink!!! may be only will do a superficial traqueotomy Big Grin , is the second time that You try to kill me with a wire bewildered !!!, keep trying animal as I said, no place for cowards CRYBABY!!!

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Nice pig !!!
Tusk's size ??

Congrats
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill after a partrige hunt.After hunting partriges with my two labs ,we tested some pistols at the lodge range.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA