Find
Notify
Tools

GUILLERMO,S 458
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
MY STOPPING RIFLE A GIFT BY GUILLERMO AMESTOY ,I LOVED IT.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I really like the rifle, Juan, but even more I like the way you dress for the hunt. You are truly a gentleman hunter.....bless you tu2

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
no im dressed like a dr indeed i was working,i dont want to disapoint you but i only use camos for hunting....sorry my friend ,even in europe i didnt use neckties

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle indeed !!

We should organize a buffalo hunt in Formosa, my own .416 RM is begging me for some blood hilbily holycow

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I'm more interested in what is on your bookshelves, Juan. Is that Capstick's "Warrior" and "Safari" that I see?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan I can see two guns with the muzzle down...would you explain?.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
AFRIKAANDER i hunt wild buffalo in Corrientes there we can take capibaras,alligators ,ostriches,brocket deer ,and black bucks and many hogs too.I have been there a month ago with great results.
Bill yes ,i have most of the books of PHC incredible i dont have death in the long grass .
NAINITIAL yes some are with the muzzle down because the oil destroy the rubber pads .
BILL I LOVE BOOKS LIKE YOU .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Every fan of Peter's work should have Death in the Long Grass. Next time our friend Bill B. heads to Argentina I'll send a copy for you with him.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
You deserve it !!! You helped to take my first water-buffalo. Cheers. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:

My dear pelado, did you take a water buffalo? Where did you take it? Home for lunch? dancing If you were a real gentleman hunter like Juanito, you would hunt dressed so nice as he...not in your loin cloth like Rambo.....next time with me, I want to see a tie.... animal

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Juan:

Every fan of Peter's work should have Death in the Long Grass. Next time our friend Bill B. heads to Argentina I'll send a copy for you with him.

Bill Quimby

The mail is not so bad, but I would send it to Guille instead and he can get it to Juan....why? because the assholes at customs might require Juan to go to Cordoba to get it....although I have sent magazines with no problem at all.

(Carajo!!!!did I say "assholes?" Oh my, if I was Catholic I would go to confession....for I have sinned. Frowner killpc nilly

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan (or Guille): you are so laconic sometimes...tell us some more about the gun, i.e. a custom Mauser or what. I´m also interested in weight, performance, kind of bullets and what not. I can see a recoil pad but not much more. Buying gloves for the good doctor should be very pricey Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
GUILLE i remember that buffalo ,the figth with PAIMUN the 416 rigby ,the fire in he hairs of the indian ,and another beautifull things that we cannot discuss here......
BILLS books are free here they dont go to customs magazines or books ,but any other thing go the the office.
WARRIOR IS A GOOD BOOK ISNT IT BILL QUIMBY ...I LOVE BOOKS EVEN MORE THAN GUNS....IM NOT SURE ... Wink

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Juan (or Guille): you are so laconic sometimes...tell us some more about the gun, i.e. a custom Mauser or what. I´m also interested in weight, performance, kind of bullets and what not. I can see a recoil pad but not much more. Buying gloves for the good doctor should be very pricey Big Grin

Dicky; The action is a DWM K98 Mauser Modelo Argentino 1909, .458 W.M. still with the Argentine shield on action, a Douglas premium 22" inch sporter barrel, ajustable (elevation) red fiber optic express type front sight - two pieces sturdy rear sight ajustable (windage) barrel-band, free floated barrel, one cross-bolt (front) acraglass beeding just on action, Modified military trigger, red london rubber pad, Argentine walnut, english style stock, fully english patern chekering 24 LPI, inleted back sling attachment, special work on action (control feeding) & stock (cheek piece) low gloss rust finish, too much "Spartane" for my taste but acording to Juan wishes. G

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:

My dear pelado, did you take a water buffalo? Where did you take it? Home for lunch? dancing If you were a real gentleman hunter like Juanito, you would hunt dressed so nice as he...not in your loin cloth like Rambo.....next time with me, I want to see a tie.... animal

Yeees !!! the first was with my 416 Rigby DGR and "Laura" (a oldtime pick-up boy) as "back up" (With Her tits....)....just in case...
I still have some old pictures that will scare to the most brave Argentine Married PH.....that time was without gusanos....the second time was with You and another "Pelado" but with the 500 S&W and plenty of gusanos. As fast as a ray.... A tie ? maybe just when I be death and screwed in the wooden pijamas.......G1

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Warrior, and all of Peter's books are good. The interesting thing about Warrior, though, is that his widow Fiona picked up his unfinished manuscript after he died and wrote at least the second half. She is one talented woman, and I'm proud to call her and her present husband, Adeliono, my friends.

Bill Quimby

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guille: thanks, I´m drooling like an old dog. tu2