New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying to Cordoba
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What's the best way to get there? Anyone fly LAN? I'd prefer to leave from either Atlanta, San Antonio, or Tampa -- but I can get to just about any airport w.o. too much difficulty.

I assume you just fly into Buenos Aires, cruise around for a few days/hope my luggage makes it, and then continue on to Cordoba. Is there a problem w. bringing guns if I stay in Buenos Aires for a few days, before continuing to Cordoba...

Time to order the Spanish Rosetta stone, to try and remember a language I haven't used in 9 years...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I assume you just fly into Buenos Aires, cruise around for a few days/hope my luggage makes it, and then continue on to Cordoba. Is there a problem w. bringing guns if I stay in Buenos Aires for a few days, before continuing to Cordoba...

You assume correctly, spend a few days in Buenos Aires and rest from the trip so you will arrive to Cordoba with your batteries fully charged.

No problem with your guns..

I am sure our argentinian members will help you better than me.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem once you get your stuff in country. TO fly to Cordoba you have to go to the other airport though. Last year it was around 300 to 400 round trip to Cordoba 1st class. Hire a driver. It is well worth it and Buenos Aires at rush hour is interesting to say the least. Have fun. Great country, great people, and lots of good shooting.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Its very easy if you land in BsAS you have to go to NEWberyairport by tienda leon buses and you have a lot of fligths at every hour to Cordoba .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doing gun permits at the airport is not too big of a deal, something like $70 american per gun. Some hotels will ask you for your gun paperwork so they can make a copy for you and they will store them for you in a locked area during your stay. Going back to the airport for your flight to Cordoba, have the desk get you a remis(private car), as others have said the the international airport is seperate. The exchange rate is favorable, so I'd go with the best hotel you can swing, I like the Sol Melia. Traveling from the hotel to the airport, you need to leave at least 3-4hours before your flight IMHO, since traffic can be insane.

Also, I don't know what you plan on packing your guns in, but in my experience you'll be hard pressed to fit a Tuffpak in any car there. When we got a remis we asked for the largest car they had and it was quite a feat to fit the Tuffpak in. Next trip, I'm going to get the short Tuffpak and buy a couple of break down cases to make sure the case fits in the cars there.

IMHO, being in the country side of Argentina is just as much fun as Africa with 1/2 the plane ride and without any gun permit hassles.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Its very easy if you land in BsAS you have to go to NEWberyairport by tienda leon buses and you have a lot of fligths at every hour to Cordoba .Juan

If possible, try to go south, Patagonia is worth the travel...and get yourself a nice mountain Red Stag!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdBore 1.0 - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I usally use a 1750 Pelican -- my favorite rifle is my Marlin 1895 Cowboy in 45-70 (with all the WWG goodies.) Maybe bring ratchet straps and strap it to the top??? (and put the rifle in a soft case in the car?

I'm not sure about turning it into a take down -- I've always been tempted to, but WWG takes as long as 18 months to do it

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agilifter: take into account that some shots could be very long, particularly if you are after red stags in the South. That´s mountain hunting in spades, a distance of 250 meters can be guessed as standard.Of course, your 45.70 is ideal for shots in the brush. By the way, there are many hotels cheaper than the Sol Melia which offer good services. Ah, the word for a hired car is "remise" in Buenos Aires, the people in Cordoba calls them "remis", but that is a different country, they speak a strange language there with very loooong vowels Big Grin
Good luck and feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Aglifter, don`t let Ricardo frighten you ... the "cordobes" is a rather easy languaje to learn ... after some practice of course Big Grin Big Grin

Hey, Juan , just a joke amigo !!! Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Martin im waiting for you came to hunt boars in la verdecita lagoon.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Your friendship honors me, my friend cheers

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote