New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to make a Barbecue grill ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You guys from South America now how a barbecue grill look like! Would you post a picture of your grills please! Im gone try to build my own , not that Weber grills type .

thanks
Matts

Posts: 147 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Here a picture of that we use in the camp, farms etc... we use direct on ground
http://images04.olx.com.ar/ui/...Parrilla-70-x-50.jpg
here a more bigger and elaborated for clubs or Restaurants;
http://www.palasderey.com.ar/i...o_2/parrilla_WEB.jpg
And this for our houses
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KE5F...EY/s400/parrilla.JPG

Put in Google imagens "Parrilla" or "asador" and You will see hundreds of them.Good Luck K.R. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
While not from South America, we shamelessly stole this idea from South Africa. The logs are started over the gas lighter that you can see below the wood. When the coals are ready, the grill swings out of the way and you shovel them under the grill area. The grill is mounted on a trailer hitch jack so it is adjustable. When dinner is over, on a cool night you throw some more logs on and you sit around the fire pit. Wink

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was working in Central Spain, I was at a restaurant that had a large round parrilla in the center. The unique part about this grill is that it was round and had handles like an old ship's wheel. It had an acme threaded hub in the center and a large acme thead that went to the ceiling. The cook constantly adjusted the heat by spinning the wheel up or down.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Now if you were truly a lucky man, you could get Guillermo or Juan Pablo to come over and show you how to use it!!!!!

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Now if you were truly a lucky man, you could get Guillermo or Juan Pablo to come over and show you how to use it!!!!!

If they gone hunt some moose in Sweden , help me how to barbecue . Guillermo have you not beet invited to Norma for moosehunt? If not what a shame!

Matts

Posts: 147 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 23 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, who needs a grill?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google "santa Maria style barbecue pits"

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote