Find
Notify
Tools

meat hogs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
we are tryingto erradicate the hog in some parts of the farm ,we killed them by hundreds ,testing different bullets for NORMA ammo.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
we plan the culling like military operations and most of the shots are made from vehicles ,it isnt hunting ,just shooting ,head shots are required .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Eeker
Thats real fun!!!!
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Looks like good shooting, but a problem....what hogs will there be for this gringo viejo when I get there in March? Roll Eyes

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Well, I might have to go to hunt to another province when Juan finshes his culling mission in Cordoba Big Grin, but actually there is a minor detail I have not been told and worries me quite a bit.... When and where is the "meat hogs" barbacue going to take place ????? I have already sharpened my knife !!! rotflmo

Now seriously, well done Juan ! Your passion is really something to admire and respect salute

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends i would prefer ,to let this hogs grew bigger but they are destroying or farmlands so ,we have to kill and sell them.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
As said, well done my friend !!! I only wish to have enough time (and not being some 500 km away Mad ) to hunt with you !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Today we have been hunting hogs and hares with my friend CRISTIAN and my son ,neara waterhole i saw the tracks of a puma and i follow them to a bush ,ours after ,driving my track in a narrow dirty road we saw the puma staring at us with try to shoot but he jumped in th bush and we lost him.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Juan---

Very impressed by your tactics. I once tried to eradicate all hogs from a ranch to no avail. They just kept coming in from adjacent government lands. The military tactics are well done.

Those are slim compact rifles you have. What are they? CZ and a Ruger?

I used a 6.5X55 SE often and the 156 grain loads in the Norma Alaskan and Oryx are amazing penetration even on feral bulls.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friend ,we use czs fox 223 ,and ruger 1022 and czs 22 we use ligth ,short rifles .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Many thanks....and good luck...they are very hard to remove once well established. You already know this, but really need to hit the mature sows.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
another short rifle ,we are just testing it .300 winchester magnum custom 1909 mauser.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RUSSIAN BOAR TAKEN BY IKY

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
SW629 44 MAGNUM

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
last nigth culling

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
last nigth remington sps 55 grain fired by a cz fox 18 inches barrel. 48mts running shot ,ambush technique.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA