New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina - 1961
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a bit off-topic, but I thought some members would enjoy the following photos. They are from a trip my grandfather made to Argentina in 1961, fishing near Villa Traful. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Brant

Posts: 76 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brant,

Very nice pictures from that time! I am living from the past 28 years in Bariloche, the heart of that region and the gate to Patagonia. It is very much alike now than then. And the fishing is almost as good than in those years. But I love these old family pictures!
Thanks.

PH

I also like very much your old Cassiar´s pictures ! Thanks again, indeed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brant, nice pictures. That was for sure when Aerolíneas Argentinas was an useful airline... Mad. The country remains much the same, like Patagon Hunter said. Billinthewild made a detailed report in this Forum about his trip during past April, perhaps you may wish to look at the landscape.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thank you for those wonderful photos. San Carlos de Bariloche is one place I fell in love with when I was there.

We drove south from Cordoba, and passed close to Villa Traful as we ventured south from San Martin de los Andes to Bariloche. The sceneery as your grandfather pictured it is much the same...beautiful....and the area is one I look forward to returning to in March 2009. I will try to stay in Bariloche and explore south from there this next time. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am curious about the fish that the gentleman with the orange beanie is holding. Is that a salmon too? By the way they are fabulous pics, I enjoyed them, very much, thanks.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
I saw some fish as large as the one in #5 pic back in 1995 at Lago Puelo. Caught by local fisherman while trolling in their boat. My father and I couldn't help but stare with our mouths open!

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote