Find
Notify
Tools

Some humble pics ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
Well, finally I managed to have some spare time to post some pics of my latest hunting trip, almost a month ago...

As usual, I went to an open wild area near Victorica (La Pampa) where I hunted two boars with my Marlin 1895SS (both head shots some 90 yards away) the last night just few hours before returning back (thus pics weren`t very good)

Hunting zone (from a mill I climbed to have a better view)

Trophies (mainly meat to eat with friends and a good malbec)

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, specially the first one.

90 yards at night is a looooooooooong distance for a head shot in an animal the size of a pig that is moving around Eeker

Obviously you are better shot than I will ever be...

I make my life easier, I just aim to the middle (yes to the middle) of the pig that it's only a shadow (with full moon) at 70 yards away. They usually run a little bit but not much Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Yeop... I am even tempted to tell you that the smaller one received the bullet just in between its eyes (front shot) and the bigger just under the ear (side shot), but I know that it would sound boastful Cool Cool Cool - and I don´t like brags just that´s why I named this thread how I did !!! beer

I much prefer what I call "surgical" shots: less meat spoiled & less suffering Wink

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
When the wildboar is not far than 70 mts I prefer the head shot thumb, but more than that I did not take any risk Big Grin, more if its a big male, the first picture was from the blind? a tree or a mill? Very nice clapI keep it for My computer as wallpaper, Nice board, but take care with the uric acid too much meat Congratulations!!! wave

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great photos with a very practical gun the MARLIN GUIDE GUN ,congratulations my friend .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin; I dont want to be the bee´s honeycomb kicker shame but someboy at your back.... shocker is calling You "the Fashion Hunter" for You´s face close pictures in each post............ animal

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
That is because I took the pictures by myself (at my own arm's distance !) since my hunting partners were either sleeping or just about to go to..... As I usually stay all night in the blind waiting for mr Sus scrofa to come,they were not waiting for me that early (0200 am more o less), so I had to hang the pigs, take pics and butcher them by myself...

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy a cheap bipod or release to the market "The Fashion Hunters Magazine", I want to be Mr. December..... animal :animal animal:

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
(....) the first picture was from the blind? a tree or a mill? Very nice clapI keep it for My computer as wallpaper, Nice board, but take care with the uric acid too much meat Congratulations!!! wave

Hey, guille do you see that clearance top right-centre end of the pic? That's an area of some eight hectares (around 20 acres) place of a group of females (red deer) and I climbed that mill to use it as a "mangrullo" and hoping to see a good male around those females... Up there I liked the view that much that couldn't resist and took a photo....

Stags? Indeed there were some males around but all were young, too young to be shot Wink

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Great photos with a very practical gun the MARLIN GUIDE GUN ,congratulations my friend .Juan

Juan, my friend: I have just noticed a couple of lost calls from you... I cannot contact you right now (are you within signal limits?) so please tell me via PM how can I help you....
Un abrazo!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
Buy a cheap bipod or release to the market "The Fashion Hunters Magazine", I want to be Mr. December..... animal :animal animal:

Why not Mr July? Confused Big Grin Don't be shy!!! Big Grin Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Spartan ,just want to invite to the snipers course ,of LIEUT,FARAH ,ill send you a poem of one of the soldiers of LEONIDAS that a GOE sent to me today .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin: congrats on a good hunt and nice pictures, I also will save the first as a wallpaper. By the way, I´ve sent several mails to your adress in arnet and all were refused. Did you change it?.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Spartan ,just want to invite to the snipers course ,of LIEUT,FARAH ,ill send you a poem of one of the soldiers of LEONIDAS that a GOE sent to me today .Juan

oooh Nooo!!! Now the Dr. Start with poems......
wacht out ! ! ! Martin

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Hey Guille, are you somehow related to Luis Juez? Cool
Or is it only an overdosis of the famous "humor cordobes"? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Un abrazo!

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I shot him in the eye....
I waited for him to die.
I dressed him and skinned him,
and baked him in a pie....

He was a poet,
and didn't know it....
sofa

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote