Find
Notify
Tools

TALES FROM BUCK MOUNTAIN
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
This mourning while iwas leaving to hunt some patriges and see a farm with a problematic cat ,i received a book, a gift from Walt Hampton ,so i take it and read the firsts chapters , the OLD ,is real great i feel the deep sentiment of friendship and brothership that i have with my hunting buddies ,and with my son ,thanks WALT ,your book is emotioning me a lot ,YOU ARE INVITED TO COME TO HUNT WITH YOUR SONS .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Walt ibelieve you would like this photo ,taken on saturday ,after a stop in the hunt of a killer puma .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's one hell of a dog, Juan, looks like a real pal!
Our new dogs are 1) a beagle, for the rabbits and 2) a lab/golden retrevier cross, for the wife as a companion/guard dog. Both are part of the family.
Thanks again, my friend, for the kind words about the book.
Walt

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I must be losing my mind: I would have sworn the title was 'broke buck' mountain. I clicked on it ready for anything. Phew. What a relief! Just ole Juan with his pooch. Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
I must be losing my mind: I would have sworn the title was 'broke buck' mountain. I clicked on it ready for anything. Phew. What a relief! Just ole Juan with his pooch. Wink

animal

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your mind's in the gutter KG, I guess it wanted to be close to your body..... rotflmo

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends ,read this book ,i promise you that you will love it ,the chapter about the dogs is excellent but so sad ....i love labrador retrievers ,so ,one of the chapters was specially hard on me ,PLEASE READ THIS MARVELOUS BOOK i loved it.
Lorenzo ill be in PUNTA this summer i want to meet you please ,on another matter you are invited to came to hunt here ...BILL BUY THIS BOOK YOU WILL LOVE IT.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
See you here... Wink
Much more pigs no more than 30 minutes away from Punta than you can imagine. The place is sorrounded by small hills with thick thornbush.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo ,i enjoyed many ,many years during my child in Punta ,and i always heard about the boars ,i would like to hunt or at least see the area ,do you believe we can do that in the summer .I plan to regularly visit Punta ,i love your country ,indeed i consider you country more similar to Cordoba,Santa Fe ,Entre Rios ,and Buenos Aires ,than some of the people of the north of my country ,that are such different racially and culturaly.OK we will make plans for that.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
No problem Juan. It will be easy to arrange something. In summer it will be tough for the dogs, the bush in the hills near Punta del Este can be very thick and many people avoid hunting with dogs during summer because of the poisonous snakes (yarará and crucera)you can find there at that time.

But we will arrange something.

Take care
L

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking dogo Juan. I really am falling in love with the breed. I've sent you a pm as I have a question concerning mine. I wish my dog looked as good as yours, but right now he is in need of some love and care, which I am in the process of providing.

regards,
Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote