THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Red Stag, Trout, Dorado, Dove All in One Trip?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Stag, Trout, Dorado, Dove All in One Trip?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Would it be possible/advisable to combine all of the above into a single trip in March, 2011 for a couple? If so, with whom?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Yes it's possible but in two different places.
For example you can go to Neuquén province during the rut in march and hunt stags and fish trouts all in the same place.

For doves and dorados you can go later to Entre Ríos province along the Paraná river.

Any other questions are welcome

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be a hell of trip!

Taking all your own gear too?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

What outfitters do you know and recommend that have acess to both areas?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I used to go to Lemucuyén farm in Neuquén province for flyfishing but this was SEVERAL years ago, they are offering red stags hunts also but I don't have idea about their prices, the fishing was very good, www.lemucuyen.com.ar

I must check new places with a local chap that has a flyfishing shop down there.

For doves and dorado I have seen some posts of Juan Pozzi here, he may be able to help you with this.

Let me do some phone calls and see what I can find.

Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I have just called by phone to Lemucuyen Farm and talked with the manager.

They will be offering hunts next year. It seems that for this year they have rented the hunting rights of the property to some outfitter. So they still don't have prices for next year.

Mmmmm, he don't convinced me too much. I will talk to some local hunters and see what else I can find. But the place is beatiful so I think that a phone call near december is worthwhile..

L

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, you are a good man. Thank you.

A trip such as this is a back-up as it liiks like I'm being priced out of a leopard/sable combo.