New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vacation in Colombia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at visiting a buddy of mine in Colombia in mid-December of this year.

It seems like hunting opportunities outside birds are quite limited. When is the bird season? Any outfitters that you guys could recommend?

What other activities would you guys suggest? Not looking for anything fancy, I'm in my late 20's and want more of an adventure, wild places with good scenery, or a bit of a party. I know parts of the country are no go, but any jungle hikes or camping available?

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have lived in Colombia and still go there for work and to visit family. Unless you know the right people, hunting in Colombia or the carrying of any firearm is extremely difficult to impossible.

There are several beautiful parks that you can visit safely and if your friend is Colombian, he/she should know nice, safe places to visit. There are several beautiful areas on the coast to visit. December is a very special time to in Colombia; lots of holiday celebrations.

Colombia is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly. But just like many parts of Africa, all the elements for a nightmare are there awaiting to prey on the foolish.

Safe travels.............Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote