Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina bird hunt suggestions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted
My father joined me on a hunt in RSA last Summer and we had a great time. Fun hunt, great food, nice wine, and good company...
Spiral Horn trip report

I asked him if he'd like to join me on a hunt somewhere in the US (TX exotics) or perhaps Argentina over the Summer (I'm a high school teacher now so Summer is my hunting season). He called and said "well, I've already been to TX...so how about Argentina?"

We're looking for 5 or so days hunting, not including travel time, and my son might also join us if he can get away from his college obligations as a TA.

In a nutshell, here's what we're looking for:
- All inclusive package from the time we hit the ground to wheel's up; licenses, gun rental, 1000-1200 shells each (my father and I have 61 combined years of military abuse under our belts and high volume shoots are out), meals, lodging, alcohol in moderation, etc... Tips, of course, expected but not included.
- No drama. We're low pressure guys and enjoy the hunt and good campfire conversation over wine or whiskey. See trip report above.
- Comfortable lodging. Dad'll be 75 and, depending on timing, I'll turn 50 on the trip. His grandson, my son, is welcome to the couch...
- Doves a must..but perdiz, ducks, and others would be great.
- A day of fishing would be fun, but not a necessity.
- It would nice if the location didn't include additional flights in-country, but that's not a show-stopper.

I'll be at SCI in Feb, so I'll do some talking to outfitters/booking agents while I'm there.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Badger - Let me suggest you contact Dr. Juan Pozzi who posts here on AR. I have hunted with Dr. Juan and rest assured he can handle all the things you seek to find as posted above. Nice lodge, loads of birds (doves, partridge, pigeons, ducks, parakeets). He has really good shotguns, lots of shells and fishing should be no problem if so inclined. Wild hogs, fox, puma and such are also close at hand.

Juan is good at customizing hunts for his clients and that looks like what you are looking for? Juan is a very busy man, so don't worry if contact is not made immediately, but he will get back with you.

PM me if you would like additional info.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Badger - Let me suggest you contact Dr. Juan Pozzi who posts here on AR. I have hunted with Dr. Juan and rest assured he can handle all the things you seek to find as posted above. Nice lodge, loads of birds (doves, partridge, pigeons, ducks, parakeets). He has really good shotguns, lots of shells and fishing should be no problem if so inclined. Wild hogs, fox, puma and such are also close at hand.

Juan is good at customizing hunts for his clients and that looks like what you are looking for? Juan is a very busy man, so don't worry if contact is not made immediately, but he will get back with you.

PM me if you would like additional info.

Larry Sellers
SCI (International) Life Member

tu2 Yep. What Larry said.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents. Juan sent me a nice PM and we're talking.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote