Find
Notify
Tools

Upgraded my beast....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Maybe will bring this with me next trip.

My Ruger 10.5" Blackhawk in .44 mag. In the past I had it mounted with a Leupold 2x EER scope. I just switched to the Ultra Dot and sighted it in this morning. What a pleasure.....jabili and stag medicine for sure.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Great looking set-up. I am not familiar with Ultra Dot sights....but they sound interesting from reading a little on their website.

I currently have a Leupold FX-II 2x20mm on my 44 mag.....but I have thought about replacing it with a red-dot sight. I just don't know if most of the red-dot sights are rugged enough to withstand the recoil of heavy loads.

Please keep me posted on this set-up. I look forward to seeing how it performs.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Wade...the Leupold is what I replaced....and I like it better....I already have Ultra Dots on my two Bullseye pistols so I was well familiar with the item.

For more info, and from guys who have been using them on magnum revolvers, check out the handgun hunting thread.

I looked at your web site....your Aoudad ram tempts me...how tough is the hunt and where are you located, for example, from El Paso...?

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
PM sent...

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
holy smokes!what a pistol!!!
you could always hit'em over the head with it
or use it for a spare jack handle or a flag pole
just joking bill...
looks like a fun way to hunt

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
2 INCH GROUP THIS MORNING AT 50 YARDS....

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
great revolver althoug i prefer your bowen .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan, I prefer the Bowen as well, but this beast really shoots well, and with that Ultra Dot sight I am comfortable with longer shots.... with Garret's .44 loads it would take down a buffalo easily....

Hope this finds you and the family well....

Theodore Roosevelt

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I use Ultradots on a number of my hunting revolvers and they are a personal favorite. Tough, inexpensive, lifetime warranty -- what's not to like?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
A veritable beast alright.Looks grand and all business.

Best-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 787 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owned 3 of those long barrelled Rugers and all have been extremly accurate. Great hunting pistols. Now PLEASE don't ask me why I no longer own one,
Stupid hurts.

Posts: 147 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote