New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Argentine #1 Red Stag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As per Afrikaander kindness, I was informed that a new record was shot some days ago, measuring more than 267 C.I.C. points (provisional measurement).
Here is a link to a picture and comments (in Spanish). Of course, it is assumed that it was a pen raised animal and all that jazz.... stir

http://www.region.com.ar/caza/...ado-en-la-pampa.html

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
The man says:

"nacido en nuestro país, procedente de un criadero de la provincia de Buenos Aires y desarrollado en La Pampa"....

Translated:

Born in our country, in a Buenos Aires deer breeding facility, and grow up in a fenced farm in La Pampa province...

rotflmo

The "wild" deer

thumbdown

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Truly a beautiful animal. More should be known of the rifle, the caliber, bullet and its weight, and the size and weight of the bag of pesos used to take this stag. Roll Eyes

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Who will received the awards? the breeder or the shooter? moonja, ja, ja, clap

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As per the brief data I have, the hunter used a 30-06 and killed the animal with a heart shot at 80 meters. He says after following it during two days, which I doubt. Look at the antlers, no marks there of cleaning against the trees...-Regarding the trophy fee, nothing is informed Big Grin. "Billetera mata galán" (which means that a fat wallet wins over a good looking man in the heart of women).

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
The man says:

"nacido en nuestro país, procedente de un criadero de la provincia de Buenos Aires y desarrollado en La Pampa"....

Translated:

Born in our country, in a Buenos Aires deer breeding facility, and grow up in a fenced farm in La Pampa province...

rotflmo

The "wild" deer

thumbdown

L

Wild ????

Dude, that deer´s development was followed minute after minute from the very first moment it was conceived... as it was surely done with its mother and father....and further up in its genealogical tree ...

Every single survival instinct this deer might had had was supressed day after day during his whole life as a domestic livestock...

Indeed it is a beautiful animal, but not the kind we will ever "hunt"... this poor creature was destined from the first moment to be merely shot, not hunted...

I send this piece of info to my friends only by email, thinking in the consequences the trophy fever may cause in the true conception of the art of hunting, specially in those individuals who suffer the lack of the heat of the flame of hunt in their souls... and "hunt" (at least they think they do) only to have something to show to some "jury" who will give him some moment of "glory"....

Ricardo, as I said "Billetera no solo mata galan sino tambien cazador !" Big Grin (a fat wallet not only wins over a good looking man in the heart of some women, but also makes things much more easier in the "hunting" procedure when the only thing that matters is "what" not "how")

But the truth is that indeed a new record was stablished Roll Eyes, I truly hope that the one who achieved it might feel proud with himself Wink...

I am quite sure that this poor beast last thought when he saw the man that shot him was "what? food again ? good !" and started to walk straight to whom he might had considered would give him another food ration ....

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I can not believe that the deer will be accepted to be entered in the argentinean books...what a shame !!!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Too bad they don't have a "Pen Raised" class as well as a "Free Range" class.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Its antlers look like those found on stags in New Zealand's "hunting estates" these days. ... v-e-r-y p-r-i-c-e-y!

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For me, and for many others, the # 1 red stag Argentine trophy continues to be that shot by Mr. "Chito" Lopez back in 1970. Now I guess that head ranks # 4, but it was a free roaming deer. I´ve told a story of a better yet head, alas, it was not hunted. Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The "wild" deer

Looks like fresh "Import" from Kiwiland Wink

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
To be fear; the People of Mapúu Vey Puudú Club of La Pampa, explained Me with a nice letter that this Monster trophy was inscribed as "New National Record" but in a National Ranking book only for animals "killed" je,je,je Big Grinin "Hunting Fenced Farm" Wink instead of free range.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote